Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    My (slightly spoilery) review of Kenobi Episode 3:

Again with the annoying child...but LIGHTSABRES AND VADER!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    So these new Star Wars projects seem to be a lot of filler and not along the book story lines.

Disney may want someone to write these stories that knows the history and not just make up a formula...

The last 3 movies, while I liked parts of them, they aren't something I'd go back and watch sans the final battle w Kylo.  
    Madalorians last 5 minutes is what made that series.  I have no reason to watch any more of it.
    Haven't watched Boba Fett yet as a fan I never wanted it made...
    Rogue One was the most interesting movie they have done in the last 2 trilogy's.  The final minutes of that is what made it interesting though too.

The most interesting arc I can see is Luke training the young Jedi and then having Kylo kill them all.  It's a repeat from Episode3 but still would be interesting to watch if they can do it right.
    I enjoyed Mandalorian very much, and am looking forward to S3. Sure, at times it was campy and had poor writing, but that's the SW universe. 

As mentioned, I'm down on Boba Fett. IMO you're not missing much by not watching. (except for the later episodes that advance the Mandalorian storyline, but if you're not interested in that either, well there you go - there's also some fun scenes of Luke training Grogu, so if you want that kind of content, you may want to check out one or two of those episodes)

I haven't watched E3 of Obi Wan yet, but the first episode was great. The second, not so much, but they can't all be bangers, I'm interested to see where it goes, it has a lot of potential.  

I also agree, R1 is the best movie they've made at least since ROTJ, but I genuinely liked the whole movie. As a stand alone story, I think it holds its own and also holds up under repeat viewings. 

Despite enjoying Obi Wan so far, in the end I want more R1 / Mandalorian type material. I'm looking forward to Andor... there's a whole galaxy of characters and stories to explore, let's get the hell away from the Skywalker storyline and start exploring other angles. 
    Everything leads back to Skywalker, lol.

So you could have a cool Jabba series but it would have to not be a kids show.
    Wookie saga.  Would sure be a lot of subtitles though...
    Yoda.  He was what 700 years old?  He had to wait all those years to reach the prophecy of Skywalker, lol.
    Episode 7 started off great.  Cool new villain, interesting heroin back story, stormtrooper back story and they went and ruined it by letting someone who writes movies and not a fan, do the damn things...  Saying this as it would be interesting to see Finn storylines but then it goes against, which it did, all clones being troopers.  It kind of erased all of the previous trilogy story lines...
    Jedi.  Why can't they make something up on the Jedi alone?  There hasn't been one movie that has shown their dominance that they so called possessed.  Hell the Emperor was so bad ass that he controlled the entire senate and fooled Yoda...  He also hid an entire armada in another dimension.  Try that shit out Rey!

I forgot to mention The Bad Batch.  That I was thoroughly enjoying.  Sure it's a cartoon but I really enjoyed it.  Need to get my Disney account back so I can catch up on some things.
    I say get away from Jabba, Yoda, & all the other characters we know altogether. (& no thanks on a wookie storyline - clone storylines don't really do it for me either, I struggled to watch much of the Clone Wars)

There was a comic book back in the day, Knights of the Old Republic I think, that took place centuries before the Skywalker saga. Go back there, get to the origins of the Jedi & the Sith. That's the stuff I want more of. 
    Cool so You too would be interested in the older Jedi stories.  Remember that Yoda is 700 so he is around for a while, lol.

I love, LOVED the clone wars story line.  It made sense on a whole lot of things.  They could have made the movie a wee bit better but it's such a cool story.

Agreed on the Wookie story, it was just an idea.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited June 2022
    So these new Star Wars projects seem to be a lot of filler and not along the book story lines.

Disney may want someone to write these stories that knows the history and not just make up a formula...

The last 3 movies, while I liked parts of them, they aren't something I'd go back and watch sans the final battle w Kylo.  
    Madalorians last 5 minutes is what made that series.  I have no reason to watch any more of it.
    Haven't watched Boba Fett yet as a fan I never wanted it made...
    Rogue One was the most interesting movie they have done in the last 2 trilogy's.  The final minutes of that is what made it interesting though too.

The most interesting arc I can see is Luke training the young Jedi and then having Kylo kill them all.  It's a repeat from Episode3 but still would be interesting to watch if they can do it right.
    I enjoyed Mandalorian very much, and am looking forward to S3. Sure, at times it was campy and had poor writing, but that's the SW universe. 

As mentioned, I'm down on Boba Fett. IMO you're not missing much by not watching. (except for the later episodes that advance the Mandalorian storyline, but if you're not interested in that either, well there you go - there's also some fun scenes of Luke training Grogu, so if you want that kind of content, you may want to check out one or two of those episodes)

I haven't watched E3 of Obi Wan yet, but the first episode was great. The second, not so much, but they can't all be bangers, I'm interested to see where it goes, it has a lot of potential.  

I also agree, R1 is the best movie they've made at least since ROTJ, but I genuinely liked the whole movie. As a stand alone story, I think it holds its own and also holds up under repeat viewings. 

Despite enjoying Obi Wan so far, in the end I want more R1 / Mandalorian type material. I'm looking forward to Andor... there's a whole galaxy of characters and stories to explore, let's get the hell away from the Skywalker storyline and start exploring other angles. 
    Everything leads back to Skywalker, lol.

So you could have a cool Jabba series but it would have to not be a kids show.
    Wookie saga.  Would sure be a lot of subtitles though...
    Yoda.  He was what 700 years old?  He had to wait all those years to reach the prophecy of Skywalker, lol.
    Episode 7 started off great.  Cool new villain, interesting heroin back story, stormtrooper back story and they went and ruined it by letting someone who writes movies and not a fan, do the damn things...  Saying this as it would be interesting to see Finn storylines but then it goes against, which it did, all clones being troopers.  It kind of erased all of the previous trilogy story lines...
    Jedi.  Why can't they make something up on the Jedi alone?  There hasn't been one movie that has shown their dominance that they so called possessed.  Hell the Emperor was so bad ass that he controlled the entire senate and fooled Yoda...  He also hid an entire armada in another dimension.  Try that shit out Rey!

I forgot to mention The Bad Batch.  That I was thoroughly enjoying.  Sure it's a cartoon but I really enjoyed it.  Need to get my Disney account back so I can catch up on some things.
    I say get away from Jabba, Yoda, & all the other characters we know altogether. (& no thanks on a wookie storyline - clone storylines don't really do it for me either, I struggled to watch much of the Clone Wars)

There was a comic book back in the day, Knights of the Old Republic I think, that took place centuries before the Skywalker saga. Go back there, get to the origins of the Jedi & the Sith. That's the stuff I want more of. 
    Cool so You too would be interested in the older Jedi stories.  Remember that Yoda is 700 so he is around for a while, lol.

I love, LOVED the clone wars story line.  It made sense on a whole lot of things.  They could have made the movie a wee bit better but it's such a cool story.

Agreed on the Wookie story, it was just an idea.

Great point on Yoda, and it's not so much the characters we know that I want to get away from as it is the timeline. 
    I love hearing about the Sith mythology, and want to know more about some of the past lords. 

There's SO MUCH for them to explore, and there are enough good writers out there that they could do it justice (whether or not they would, is another story, but I would like to see them try) 

Jimmy, thanks for hiding the review. 

EDIT: 
    Gonna have to go back & try to watch the Clone Wars again. I dove into it for some of the backstory on Mandalore, and Darth Maul, but episodes centered around the clones themselves just didn't do it for me... except that one where the clone had a brain fart & thought Order 66 was implemented and turned on a Jedi. 

THAT was pretty cool. 

Also... you want jedi storylines / angles? Give Obi Wan a chance, there's some good potential for some backstory on Jedi turned Inquisitors there that i hope pans out. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    Yeah, Tempo, you’re gonna wanna watch OWK. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Episode III of OWK was pretty great!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    Episode III of OWK was pretty great!
    That was the best SW content they've given us since Rogue 1, maybe better. 
    Now I'm excited.  TY.

They may be polishing up a turd yet!
    Now I'm excited.  TY.

They may be polishing up a turd yet!
    Hope I'm not over hyping it, but it's the most impressed I've been since R1. That's not an understatement (not a terribly high bar either if we're being honest).
    One of the coolest "concepts" I have seen in years was this by Fred Palacio.  He won 3rd place but I thought it should be higher...

What if Lukes Hand was salvaged and maybe cloned?
    Lukes hand  Star wars concept art Star wars art Star wars rpg
    One of the coolest "concepts" I have seen in years was this by Fred Palacio.  He won 3rd place but I thought it should be higher...

I vaguely remember Luke getting cloned... was there a comic based on this back in the day? 
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Stumbled on this, from the liner notes for the Empire soundtrack, I forgot about the first two paragraphs, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413

I vaguely remember Luke getting cloned... was there a comic based on this back in the day? 
    Comic or book, wasn’t the clone named Luuke, lol?
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    Episode 4 felt a little rushed - a lot happened in a short space of time - but still cool.

If the stormtroopers ever learned to aim, the Empire would’ve won years ago!

(Tim Rogers)
    edited June 2022
    It was a fun episode. A few things could be nit picked, but I enjoyed it, and lets face it... E3 was a tough one to follow. 
    Loved the light saber action, and just the setting... Not sure if anyone here played Jedi Fallen Order, (GREAT game)... the final level on that takes place in the same Inquisitor's fortress. It was fun to see it in a live action show. 

I'm looking forward to the last two episodes, this has been a fun ride (surprisingly... had you told me Obi Wan saving little Leia would be the plot in advance of the show airing, I would have rolled my eyes) 

Comic or book, wasn’t the clone named Luuke, lol?

Good call... it was originally a novel. 

"Luuke Skywalker was created by Timothy Zahn in 1993 for The Last Command, the third and final novel in the Thrawn Trilogy. His background was expanded upon in The Last Command Sourcebook, written by Eric S. Trautmann and published in 1994. The clone later made an appearance in the final issue of The Last Command comic book adaptation in 1998."

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Luuke_Skywalker 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    All the best parts of Kenobi have been Vader, and the show has done more to connect Anakin to Vader than anything we've seen in live action before. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    All the best parts of Kenobi have been Vader, and the show has done more to connect Anakin to Vader than anything we've seen in live action before. 
    Agreed... yesterday's episode was fantastic. 
    JimmyV said:
    Maybe the best episode so far, of any of the SW live action shows

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    JimmyV said:
    Maybe the best episode so far, of any of the SW live action shows

IMO this is the best SW content since Rogue 1, if not the original trilogy. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    JimmyV said:
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    What a great series. 
    What a great series. 
    Loved it!

"Hello there"  :)

(Tim Rogers)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    I just watched the finale of Obi-wan. Is there going to be a second season. I loved it. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Andor today
    I miss igotid88
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    GlowGirl said:
    I just watched the finale of Obi-wan. Is there going to be a second season. I loved it. 

I think they're working on it. Nothing confirmed yet.

igotid88 said:
    Andor today

Trailers look good.

Andor's pretty damn good. The pacing is slow, but I like it. "The Eye" (E6) was fantastic. 
    Andor is so far ahead of the other Star Wars TV shows it's not even fair!

I really liked a lot of The Mandalorian (but I hate Grogu), was very disappointed with BoBF, and loved Obi-Wan - but Andor is on a whole other level.

(Tim Rogers)
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448

Andor's pretty damn good. The pacing is slow, but I like it. "The Eye" (E6) was fantastic. 
    I finished watching it Friday, then went back and rewatched Rogue One afterwards. Both are great. I would rank Rogue One up there as one of the best SW movies made.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Agree.  
    Andor was their best series.  Rogue One is the best movie since Jedi, to me, at this point.  If you could remove ewoks id be sure of that....sort of on tje fence now, it  could pass Jedi. 
    Any time I see part of it, it gets better.

The love he receives is the love that is saved

• Andor's pretty damn good. The pacing is slow, but I like it. "The Eye" (E6) was fantastic. 
    I finished watching it Friday, then went back and rewatched Rogue One afterwards. Both are great. I would rank Rogue One up there as one of the best SW movies made.
    Agreed on Rogue 1... since its release, I always thought it was the best movie they put out since the '80s, and setting aside nostalgia for my inner 6yo, it blows ROTJ out of the water.

They really knocked it out of the park w/ Andor. The climax at the end of episode 10 wasn't something I expected from Star Wars; that was as big a gut punch as I've felt from pretty much any movie or tv show.

I could nit pick certain elements / characters, but overall I thought it was fantastic, and a nice break from the cartoonish feel to the Mandalorian and BOBF. The former is fun, and I'm looking forward to S3 but the latter was almost unwatchable. & as much as I loved Kenobi while it was airing, Andor really put that in its place as well.