Donald Trump

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

Trump rebuked for call to suspend Constitution over election
    By HOPE YEN
    Today

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Donald Trump faced rebuke Sunday from officials in both parties after calling for the “termination” of parts of the Constitution over his lie that the 2020 election was stolen.

Trump, who announced last month that he is running again for president, made the claim over the weekend on his Truth Social media platform.

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

Incoming House Democratic leader Hakeem Jeffries on Sunday described Trump's statement as strange and extreme and said Republicans will have to make a choice whether to continue embracing Trump's anti-democratic views.

“Republicans are going to have to work out their issues with the former president and decide whether they’re going to break from him and return to some semblance of reasonableness or continue to lean in to the extremism, not just of Trump, but Trumpism,” Jeffries said.

Trump, who is the first to be impeached twice and whose term ended with his supporters violently storming the Capitol in a deadly bid to halt the peaceful transition of power on Jan. 6, 2021, faces a escalating criminal investigations, including several that could lead to indictments. They include the probe into classified documents seized by the FBI from Mar-a-Lago, and ongoing state and federal inquiries related to efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

Asked about Trump's comments Sunday, Rep. Mike Turner of Ohio, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said he “vehemently" disagrees and “absolutely” condemns the remarks, saying they should be a factor as Republicans decide who should lead their party in 2024.

“There is a political process that has to go forward before anybody is a frontrunner or anybody is even the candidate for the party,” he said. “I believe that people certainly are going to take into consideration a statement like this as they evaluate a candidate.”

Rep.-elect Mike Lawler, R-New York, also objected to the remarks, saying it was time to stop focusing on the “grievances of prior elections.”

"The Constitution is set for a reason, to protect the rights of every American," Lawler said. "I think the former president would be well-advised to focus on the future, if he is going to run for president again.”

Trump’s comments came after Twitter's new owner, Elon Musk, said he would reveal how Twitter engaged in "free speech suppression” leading up to the 2020 election. But files released Friday, which focused on the tech company's confused response to a story about Biden's son Hunter, do not show Democrats trying to limit the story.

The White House on Saturday assailed Trump, saying: “You cannot only love America when you win.”

“The American Constitution is a sacrosanct document that for over 200 years has guaranteed that freedom and the rule of law prevail in our great country," spokesman Andrew Bates said in a statement. “Attacking the Constitution and all it stands for is anathema to the soul of our nation."

Jeffries appeared on ABC's “This Week,” Turner spoke on CBS' “Face the Nation” and Lawler was on CNN's “State of the Union.”

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    ikiT said:
    WTAFF

Trump calls for himself to be reinstated as president by falsely claiming fraud overrides Constitution

Donald Trump is calling for himself to be reinstated as president or for the 2020 election to be run again.

In a Saturday morning post on Truth Social, the twice-impeached former president claimed that alleged “massive and widespread fraud and deception” by Democrats and big tech companies undermined the results.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-2020-election-fraud-constitution-b2238305.html
    lol not this again.

i hereby demand that i get instated as the rightful king president of the usa.
    And the funny thing is...the tRump admin had asked twitter to moderate content as well. The Magats are flipping out about Biden asking for moderation while ignoring tRump (again).

Now...still possible that Biden got more moderation but it sure sounds like twitter was not buying this "bombshell" of a story because it was basically just dick pics of Hunter. And not only did twitter moderate it...all other major news organizations did as well. It was just garbage.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • ikiT said:
    WTAFF

Trump calls for himself to be reinstated as president by falsely claiming fraud overrides Constitution

Donald Trump is calling for himself to be reinstated as president or for the 2020 election to be run again.

In a Saturday morning post on Truth Social, the twice-impeached former president claimed that alleged “massive and widespread fraud and deception” by Democrats and big tech companies undermined the results.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-2020-election-fraud-constitution-b2238305.html
    lol not this again.

And the funny thing is...the tRump admin had asked twitter to moderate content as well. The Magats are flipping out about Biden asking for moderation while ignoring tRump (again).

Now...still possible that Biden got more moderation but it sure sounds like twitter was not buying this "bombshell" of a story because it was basically just dick pics of Hunter. And not only did twitter moderate it...all other major news organizations did as well. It was just garbage.

They tried to make Hunter's laptop the new Hillary's emails. Trump was literally impeached for trying to extort Ukraine & Zelensky into announcing an investigation that didn't exist. When that didn't work, they shifted gears to this laptop. It was supposed to be their "October surprise" and it was a flop. 

Ignoring this story was one of the few things the media got right over the last several years. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    ikiT said:
    WTAFF

lol not this again.

They tried to make Hunter's laptop the new Hillary's emails. Trump was literally impeached for trying to extort Ukraine & Zelensky into announcing an investigation that didn't exist. When that didn't work, they shifted gears to this laptop. It was supposed to be their "October surprise" and it was a flop. 

Ignoring this story was one of the few things the media got right over the last several years. 
    Even right wing commentators are calling this a nothingburger.  Even that shit head Matt T. indicated that both campaigns requested materials to be pulled.  Of course only one of those two campaigns was actually a part of the gov't, and it wasn't Biden's.  So if anything, it is Trump's team that is attempting to 'censor' social media, ironically.  
    edited December 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    WTAFF

lol not this again.

Even right wing commentators are calling this a nothingburger.  Even that shit head Matt T. indicated that both campaigns requested materials to be pulled.  Of course only one of those two campaigns was actually a part of the gov't, and it wasn't Biden's.  So if anything, it is Trump's team that is attempting to 'censor' social media, ironically.  
    Yeah I meant to mention that the tRump admin was the only true gov't entity involved at the time. 

I'm glad that it hasn't picked up more steam in the right wing. I will say that my magat FB friends haven't said a thing about it that I've seen.

Matt Taibbi disappointed me. I used to really like his work and he's just gone down a strange hole.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    WTAFF

lol not this again.

Yeah I meant to mention that the tRump admin was the only true gov't entity involved at the time. 

I'm glad that it hasn't picked up more steam in the right wing. I will say that my magat FB friends haven't said a thing about it that I've seen.

Matt Taibbi disappointed me. I used to really like his work and he's just gone down a strange hole.
    He's been lost for a while.  He's like Glenn Greenwald.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Regarding the media not covering it....put yourself in their shoes. A laptop (stolen or forgotten, who knows?) is magically handed to Rudy Giuliani, of all people, who completely lost his reputation by that point for his role in Trump's impeachment a year earlier. Giuliani proceeds to shop the story around but refuses to provide media with the necessary info they need to vet the story so they assume it's bullshit. He eventually gives it to the NY Post who, in doing Trump's bidding, doesn't care about pesky things like vetting.

The whole thing is bullshit.

Meanwhile we learned Fox just decided to not to run the Stormy Daniels story in 2016 because of the damage it would've caused the Trump campaign. LOL. They're always projecting. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Regarding the media not covering it....put yourself in their shoes. A laptop (stolen or forgotten, who knows?) is magically handed to Rudy Giuliani, of all people, who completely lost his reputation by that point for his role in Trump's impeachment a year earlier. Giuliani proceeds to shop the story around but refuses to provide media with the necessary info they need to vet the story so they assume it's bullshit. He eventually gives it to the NY Post who, in doing Trump's bidding, doesn't care about pesky things like vetting.

The whole thing is bullshit.

Meanwhile we learned Fox just decided to not to run the Stormy Daniels story in 2016 because of the damage it would've caused the Trump campaign. LOL. They're always projecting. 
    It was too much bullshit even for Fox News.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-rejected-hunter-biden-003834391.html 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    WTAFF

lol not this again.

i only held on to my rolling stone subscription for as long as i did because i enjoyed matt t's writing at the time. he started to flake out a few years ago so i ended up canceling. besides, like all periodicals, with the internet, by the time you receive them in the mail it is old news.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I contend the entire Ukraine war, you know, Russian troop build up at the border and then driving tanks up to apartment buildings and letting off volley after volley, is DJT's fault.  The tanks turned into cruise missiles.  Fucking douchebag.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    WTAFF

lol not this again.

i only held on to my rolling stone subscription for as long as i did because i enjoyed matt t's writing at the time. he started to flake out a few years ago so i ended up canceling. besides, like all periodicals, with the internet, by the time you receive them in the mail it is old news.
    Taibbi used to be on Bill Maher quite a bit. They dumped him too.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    WTAFF

lol not this again.

Taibbi used to be on Bill Maher quite a bit. They dumped him too.
    i quit watching bill maher too. got sick of him crying about his solar panels. as if your average american can relate to that pain.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    I still love Bill. I caught him in Vegas a few years back...one of the best comedy shows I have ever been to.

• Buh, buh, buh Hunter's laptop!

Trump did not disclose $19.8m loan while president, documents show

Donald Trump failed to disclose a $19.8m loan from a company with historical ties to North Korea, while he was the US president, according to a new report.

Documents obtained by the New York attorney general, and reported by Forbes, on Sunday indicate a previously unreported loan owed by Trump to Daewoo, the South Korean conglomerate.

Related: Jurors in Trump Organization tax fraud trial set to begin deliberations

Daewoo was the only South Korean company allowed to operate a business in North Korea during the mid-1990s.

Forbes revealed that Trump’s relationship with Daewoo is at least 25 years old. At one point, Daewoo partnered with Trump on a development project near the United Nations headquarters in New York City, Trump World Tower.

Trump and Daewoo continued to do business together, including using Trump’s name on six South Korea-based properties from 1999 to 2007, according to the magazine.

The outlet reports that the debt in question “stems from an agreement Trump struck to share some of his licensing fees with Daewoo”.

According to documents reviewed by Forbes, the $19.8m balance remained the same from 2011 to 2016. Five months into Trump’s presidency, the balance dropped to $4.3m, according to paperwork that showcased Trump’s finances as of 30 June 2017.

Soon after, “Daewoo was bought out of its position on July 5, 2017,” the documents said, without disclosing who satisfied the debt.

Forbes reports that even though the loan was reported on the Trump Organization’s internal documents, it was not disclosed on the former president’s public financial disclosure reports. Under disclosure laws, Trump was required to submit the documents to federal officials during his presidential campaign and after he became president.

In 2016, Trump’s chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, said that Trump had disclosed all debts related to companies that Trump had a 100% stake in.

Despite the apparent gap in disclosures, Trump may not have violated any laws, though the existence of the debt still could have posed a conflict of interest.

While president, Trump bragged about his relationship with North Korean dictator Kim Jung Un, saying in 2018: “He likes me, I like him. We get along” and that “we fell in love”.

The two leaders met in person, but the relationship came to nought.

Meanwhile, on Monday, jurors began deliberating in the Trump Organization tax fraud trial in New York, in which the company is accused of operating a criminal scheme that allegedly involved fraud and tax evasion.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Trump’s committee paying for lawyers of key Mar-a-Lago witnesses  https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/12/05/trump-witnesses-legal-bills-pac/ 

Trump’s committee paying for lawyers of key Mar-a-Lago witnesses
    By Devlin Barrett, Josh Dawsey and Isaac Stanley-Becker
    December 05, 2022 at 17:52 ET
    Former president Donald Trump’s political action committee is paying legal bills for some key witnesses involved in the Justice Department investigation into whether Trump mishandled classified documents, obstructed the investigation or destroyed government records, according to people familiar with the matter.
    The witnesses include Kash Patel, who has testified in front of the grand jury and is key to Trump’s defense, along with Walt Nauta, a potentially critical prosecution witness, according to these people, who like others interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing criminal probe. Nauta, a Trump valet, has told FBI agents he was instructed by the former president to move boxes at Mar-a-Lago, even as government investigators were trying to recover classified documents at that private club and residence, according to people familiar with the matter.
    Both Patel and Nauta are represented by Brand Woodward Law, which according to public records has been paid more than $120,000 by Trump’s Save America PAC. Stan Brand, the top lawyer at the firm, said there is nothing improper about the PAC paying legal bills for witnesses in the investigation. Another lawyer not involved in the case, however, said it could encourage witnesses to not cooperate.
    “There’s no bar against third parties paying for legal fees as long as it’s disclosed to the client. The ethical obligation of the lawyer is to the client,” Brand said. “This is a tempest in a teapot and another cheap shot at these people because of who they work for.”

continues....

• The PAC funded with mostly small dollar donations. Suckers.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    edited December 2022
    Isn't the same Trump Org. that just went to the jury in NY the same Trump Org. less than a month ago inked a "deal" with the Saudi real estate company for upwards of $4 billion? 

AT TRUMP TOWER in NEW YORK CITY?  With ERIC of all people?  When do these MF'ing assholes get arrested? 

get it? MAGA... MF'ing Assholes Get Arrested.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/20/us/politics/trump-organization-oman-deal.html
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited December 2022
    Good op-Ed from the Bulwark on why the right is so desperately clinging to the Hunter Biden corruption angle:

“The right has a deep psychological need for the Hunter Biden story. They desperately want Joe Biden to be corrupt and for the whole family to be, in Stefanik’s words, “a crime family” because they have provided succor and support to someone who has encouraged political violence since his early rallies in 2015, has stoked hatred of minorities through lies, has used his office for personal gain in the most flagrant fashion, has surrounded himself with criminals and con men, has committed human rights violations against would-be immigrants by separating children from their parents, has pardoned war criminals, has cost the lives of tens of thousands of COVID patients by discounting the virus and peddling quack cures, has revived racism in public discourse, and attempted a violent coup d’etat.

They know it. It gnaws at them. That’s why the Hunter Biden story is their heart’s desire. But here’s something else they need to meditate on: Even if everything they’re alleging about Joe Biden were true; even if he did pull strings to help his son and even profited unjustly thereby, it still wouldn’t amount to a fraction of what Trump did. And it still won’t wash out the “damn’d spot.”

^
    Meanwhile the American people, in general, do not and have never thought of Biden that way. It didn't work for them in 2020 because we have FOUR DECADES of history with who Joe Biden is....and mastermind criminal just isn't the first thing that comes to people's minds, except the portion of the base HRC accurately claimed as deplorable. 

Plus, I would be willing to bet their fraud investigations will be drowned out by the former president eventually getting indicted at some point next year. 

Speaking of Trump....this Kari Lake loser has been basically living at Mara Lago since she lost an election she claims to have won. Wouldn't be shocking to see Trump name her his running mate early on.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^
    Meanwhile the American people, in general, do not and have never thought of Biden that way. It didn't work for them in 2020 because we have FOUR DECADES of history with who Joe Biden is....and mastermind criminal just isn't the first thing that comes to people's minds, except the portion of the base HRC accurately claimed as deplorable. 

Plus, I would be willing to bet their fraud investigations will be drowned out by the former president eventually getting indicted at some point next year. 

Speaking of Trump....this Kari Lake loser has been basically living at Mara Lago since she lost an election she claims to have won. Wouldn't be shocking to see Trump name her his running mate early on.
    It's going to be beautiful. The GOP is going to kick tRump to the curb soon. He's going to absolutely melt down.

The GOP will be split and we'll keep the White House.

^

Amen to all of this.

tRump Org GUILTY on all counts

alotta counts...
  • tRump Org GUILTY on all counts
    Buh, buh, buh Hunter's laptop!

Brilliantati©
  • And get ready for the SCREEDS! WITCHHUNT! SO UNFAIR! STEALING ELECTIONS! NOW THIS! TERRIBLE THINGS!

So much winning. Are you tired of it yet?

Brilliantati©
  • TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON AN OLD MAN AND A GENUINELY NICE GUY! SHAME! AND A SHAM!

Prosecutors built the case largely around longtime Trump Organization Chief Financial Officer Allen Weisselberg, who pleaded guilty in August to 15 counts including tax fraud, conspiracy and grand larceny. He was promised a steeply reduced sentence of five months in jail in exchange for testifying against the company. He had faced up to 15 years in prison.

Brilliantati©
    Guilty of FRAUD yet again.

This is only the beginning folks. Big year on tap....
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.