The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

I’m back and forth between flower and pens. I prefer the high from flower but the convenience of the pen usually wins out. 

I’m rocking a disposable pen right now but it is also rechargeable. Sometimes it gets clogged up but I just give it a harder pull/toke and after a few seconds the vape comes through. My current pen (pictured below)is 2grams at 90%+ THC.($40) That’ll last me about 2 1/2 weeks.

That is ridiculously cheap.  Is it black market?
    Buy two get one for $10 lol. Dude, shit is so cheap in MI. 

But to answear your question, no. From dispensary.
    I've seen those around here (IN) on black market but it wasn't a great high. Recharging was nice but I didn't find that it lasted much longer that way.
    I’ve been on this brand/style for about a month or so now. No complaints. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

I’m back and forth between flower and pens. I prefer the high from flower but the convenience of the pen usually wins out. 

I’m rocking a disposable pen right now but it is also rechargeable. Sometimes it gets clogged up but I just give it a harder pull/toke and after a few seconds the vape comes through. My current pen (pictured below)is 2grams at 90%+ THC.($40) That’ll last me about 2 1/2 weeks.

Crazy cheap. We don't have competition in Virginia yet,  so an eighth of flower is $40, and a 1/2 gram, high test cart will be about $65.  If i went to DC, it's cheaper but not worth the hour+ drive. 
    Right. Dispensaries/black market everywhere here.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

What sushi is that 😋
    I forgot the name but it’s tempura shrimp with like a mango drizzle. Also has cut up mango inside. I’m not a big fan of raw fish so I typically stick with shrimp or veggie sushi.
    Looks really tasty! 
    It was pretty good/satisfying. Gotta get back to work!✌🏼🤙🏻😎

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

I've seen those around here (IN) on black market but it wasn't a great high. Recharging was nice but I didn't find that it lasted much longer that way.
    I’ve been on this brand/style for about a month or so now. No complaints. 
    Not to suggest that they one I had was exactly the same as yours....just similar to disposable pens that I've bought at dispensaries
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

I’ve smoked pot for a long time now. But since it’s become legal here in NYC , it’s  all I smell when I walk through the streets. And it’s kind of annoying honestly. I never thought I’d be sick of smelling marijuana, it’s such a conflicting feeling. Anyone else feel this way or am I weird? 
    My problem is the weed has become too strong and I can't smoke anymore.  Call me old fashioned, but I liked weak homegrown that I could smoke a whole joint of by myself before getting high.  Now I can't find anything that doesn't cause major paranoia or lethargy within two hits.  When I do partake I have been using edibles as it is much easier to manage the high, I still miss smoking joints though.
    You might like those disposable pens I mentioned. Very mild high
    Agreed on pens, but I would argue against the disposable.  They seem to fail.  I started with that several years ago when I would have to travel out west to get it.  But now I much prefer having the easy screw in cart with a long term battery. 

BTW, the most important part of the battery is to get one where the charger is on the bottom.  I've bought the kind where you have to take the cart off to charge and it the sticky resin can cause the cartridge to fail when you put it back on.  I think you put it on and leave it until it's dead.  Never take it on and off.  
    I use the rechargeable as well. Edibles are too unpredictable for me. I don’t really like to get super stoned. Just a little buzz now and then is fine for me. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    The push to legalize marijuana for recreational use in deep-red states failed on Tuesday as voters in Arkansas, North Dakota and South Dakota rejected ballot measures on the issue. In Maryland and Missouri, voters approved legalization measures.

Full Story:  https://time.com/6231201/marijuana-legal-elections-2022/

GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

I’ve smoked pot for a long time now. But since it’s become legal here in NYC , it’s  all I smell when I walk through the streets. And it’s kind of annoying honestly. I never thought I’d be sick of smelling marijuana, it’s such a conflicting feeling. Anyone else feel this way or am I weird? 
    My problem is the weed has become too strong and I can't smoke anymore.  Call me old fashioned, but I liked weak homegrown that I could smoke a whole joint of by myself before getting high.  Now I can't find anything that doesn't cause major paranoia or lethargy within two hits.  When I do partake I have been using edibles as it is much easier to manage the high, I still miss smoking joints though.
    You might like those disposable pens I mentioned. Very mild high
    Agreed on pens, but I would argue against the disposable.  They seem to fail.  I started with that several years ago when I would have to travel out west to get it.  But now I much prefer having the easy screw in cart with a long term battery. 

BTW, the most important part of the battery is to get one where the charger is on the bottom.  I've bought the kind where you have to take the cart off to charge and it the sticky resin can cause the cartridge to fail when you put it back on.  I think you put it on and leave it until it's dead.  Never take it on and off.  
    I use the rechargeable as well. Edibles are too unpredictable for me. I don’t really like to get super stoned. Just a little buzz now and then is fine for me. 
    I have come to like the 5mg edibles. Just take one to relax a bit and a few more to dive deeper.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Cali nugs 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Cali nugs 
    mommy

• We've had 3 new "vape shops" open in the last 6 months in our small town.  All owned by the same person.  One of his spots got locked down for selling THC gummies illegally.  I think these places are eyesores.  Why we need 3 in a mile is beyond me...
    We've had 3 new "vape shops" open in the last 6 months in our small town.  All owned by the same person.  One of his spots got locked down for selling THC gummies illegally.  I think these places are eyesores.  Why we need 3 in a mile is beyond me...
    How many liquor stores or bars in your small town? In Smithtown I can found 5 different liquor stores and bars not sure..
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    Hi! said:

The thing I don't like about pens is actually more about the concentrate than the pens. Most of the concentrates available are either distillate, or use butane to extract/concentrate. When ingesting distillate, most of the terpene properties that 'colour' a high (couch stone/jolly/creative/focused) are stripped away, leaving a pretty dull high. When ingesting butane extracts, I've always found it gives me a bit of an anxious feeling. If you can find a rosin pen, those are my go-to, since the extraction is solventless.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • We've had 3 new "vape shops" open in the last 6 months in our small town.  All owned by the same person.  One of his spots got locked down for selling THC gummies illegally.  I think these places are eyesores.  Why we need 3 in a mile is beyond me...
    How many liquor stores or bars in your small town? In Smithtown I can found 5 different liquor stores and bars not sure..
    Bars a lot.  It's known as a "party town". We have 2 liquor stores which we really don't need either.  One on the east and one on the west.
    https://www.sunnyside.shop/store/danville-il

So what is a good pen to buy using the inventory at the link?

I'm clueless. I've bought the disposables and haven't been too impressed although it is better than nothing.

I do like how discrete some of the pens are. 

Someone here had mentioned getting one with the charger on the bottom. Benjs brought up a rosin pen.

Any help appreciated.

I love the pre-rolls but those aren't discrete and aren't great if you just want a few hits.

something like this? what do you attach it to?

edited December 2022
    something like this? what do you attach it to?

They sell all sorts of different batteries for those. Some even have temp. guages. I think that particular cart is live resin that doesn’t contain solvents.
    Post edited by Hi! on

edited December 2022
    C cell battery 510 thread ( I think)
    Post edited by Hi! on

https://youtu.be/4PIb6UczF5I
    I’ve been using this method at home to smoke the hash I make it works really well! 
    edited December 2022

^Ha! That’s creative. I’ve been enjoying some bubble hash last few weeks. I’ve been getting bubble hash infused pre-roll joints for something different on the weekends and they are fucking delicious. I don’t usually get into flavor/terpene profiles that much but I got a “raspberry” bubble hash pre-roll a couple weeks ago. Da Bomb!! And it definitely had a raspberry flavor.

Yo! I did want to follow up on that particular type of pen I had pictured(above).It was a new style to me at the time and I had only purchased 2 others before that. So about a week after I had such complimentary things to say about that style, I purchased another one and it fucking failed! Go figure! I wasn’t able to get anything out of it(at first).No worries though, I called the dispensary and they gave me a different style pen(below)for free and let me keep the bad one. So last week I go in and apparently they have had lots of complaints about that style(above).But what’s pretty cool is I was eventually able to get the failed cart to fire up. It was still a little quirky but it worked. I charged it over night and after sucking on it for a little while, and it still not working, I started to tap the bottom of the pen, while sucking, and it fired right up! The only way it worked was to tap on the electrical inlet like it was a choke on a regular bowl. Lol! Pretty wild! I’ll be staying away from that style now. I am enjoying the new brand I’m on now. A 1.5 Gram Kushy Punch at 85(+)%. It also uses the new C-Style type charger which is nice. “High”ly recommended. Thank you.

Post edited by Hi! on

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    We've had 3 new "vape shops" open in the last 6 months in our small town.  All owned by the same person.  One of his spots got locked down for selling THC gummies illegally.  I think these places are eyesores.  Why we need 3 in a mile is beyond me...
    We have 5 weed shops in our town of 10,000. A little much IMO
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    edited December 2022
    BLACK35 said:
    Well your opinion could be affected by the fact you grow your own and don’t rely on those shops.
    Simple supply and demand. If they are profitable they stay open, if not they close.  I personally like the competition driving cost down.
    Post edited by Hi! on

• Hi! said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Well your opinion could be affected by the fact you grow your own and don’t rely on those shops.
    Simple supply and demand. If they are profitable they stay open, if not they close.  I personally like the competition driving cost down.
    I really don't want "weed" sold in our town.  Competition is great, sell it somewhere else.  They are setting up for when it does become legal.
    Hi! said:
    BLACK35 said:
    I really don't want "weed" sold in our town.  Competition is great, sell it somewhere else.  They are setting up for when it does become legal.

I understand. I do agree that underage sale and the sales before it is legal isn’t right. I say do it the legal way and then it’s all fair game. I’m partial to marijuana so bring it on IMO.

• Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    BLACK35 said:

I understand. I do agree that underage sale and the sales before it is legal isn’t right. I say do it the legal way and then it’s all fair game. I’m partial to marijuana so bring it on IMO.

I want to try the gummies to see if that helps me with relaxing.  That being said, I don't want what it will attract in our little town.  Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    BLACK35 said:

I want to try the gummies to see if that helps me with relaxing.  That being said, I don't want what it will attract in our little town.  Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Edibles affect everybody differently. If your new to marijuana I’m not sure “relaxing” is the way I would describe it, lol. Start small and work your way up.

• Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    BLACK35 said:

Edibles affect everybody differently. If your new to marijuana I’m not sure “relaxing” is the way I would describe it, lol. Start small and work your way up.
    Yes, I was told go small and work your way up.
    Yep!

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I just went to my first recreational dispensary.  In NYS and dispensaries in our region is locked up by an out of state complainant saying NYC law favors NYS business.

So I went to Native American reservation who beat everyone to the punch.  It was a bit overwhelming.  I did have a medical card and the options at a medical dispensary were much more limited and it was treated more like a pharmacy.  There were many containers full of buds and I didnt know what was what.  I asked the clerk who was smoking a stogie what his favorite hybrid is. He grabbed a container and allowed me to smell.   I got a 1/4 of something called Gingerbread Cookies.  I also got a 10-pack of 20mg gummies flavored in pineapple.  It was overwhelming and I felt out of place, but I feel like I am now better prepared to do better next time.   
    I typically check weed maps, leafly before going into my local shops to check deals and what not so I don’t have to waste time chumming it up with the bud tenders.