______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    edwho said:
    mickeyrat said:
    While not considered an exceptional performance by the band, it is what it is on four wonderful records. 

interesting. appears to show recorded in April? Heres my copy. Same boot title....
    Lots of different reproduction's of the original boot. Not sure if mine is original or copy/variation. It was bought in the late '70's though. Facts were not a priority on these things back then. Look at how Zeppelin is spelled on mine. 

mine claims Cleveland in June....
    That's what my boot was.. Cleveland

setlist fm shows one of two cleveland shows taking place on a date listed on his boot. wiki states the "fan club" boot was soundboard the first night and fan recorded the second.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    ^^^ Bootleggers really made it hard to keep an accurate history of these things. Also the date on my record shows April 28 but the recording is April 27, the soundboard recording as you state.  

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    GlowGirl said:

Eye see you have very good taste in music. Hard core Zeppelin fans can site 100 reasons why you should hate that album, but I can site 100 as to why it is loved. Eddie Vedder must at least like it as it contains the only Led Zeppelin song that I know of that he has covered live (Fool IN The Rain). Of course it took a benefit and appearance with Robert. 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596

edwho said:
    GlowGirl said:

Eye see you have very good taste in music. Hard core Zeppelin fans can site 100 reasons why you should hate that album, but I can site 100 as to why it is loved. Eddie Vedder must at least like it as it contains the only Led Zeppelin song that I know of that he has covered live (Fool IN The Rain). Of course it took a benefit and appearance with Robert. 

In The Evening and All Of My Love are highlights too
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    It's a good record^^just spun mine but it's banged up pretty bad.

Hot Dio vocals on this. Really good record. May have to sniff out 'long live rock & roll'.  They have a couple live lps too.
    edited December 2022
    Loujoe said:
    Hot Dio vocals on this. Really good record. May have to sniff out 'long live rock & roll'.  They have a couple live lps too.

new doc on showtime I caught most of today

IMDb: : Dio: Dreamers Never Die   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11851698/

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Soundtrack of my youth. Have that best of misfits cd. After reading ML book I feel a little diff about AJ. Should be no surprise but whatever. Blast it!

• ^^^ the influence on Nick Cave is undeniable. How did it take so long for this Canadian to discover this amazing Aussie band? Fantastic stuff
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

• King’s X - Three Sides of One: 

A 2022 release that is AAA. Simply put, it is wonderful. If only PJ would record their next album this way. 

• I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com