what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    How shitty my team (South Carolina) played today
    Not to get too personal, but I just can't understand why things have to be so difficult for me and my wife, but come too easily for others. Just makes me sad.
  • Not to get too personal, but I just can't understand why things have to be so difficult for me and my wife, but come too easily for others. Just makes me sad.
    I used to be in a marriage like  that.  Its very heartbreaking and makes you feel like you are inferior  and flawed. You are not
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Not to get too personal, but I just can't understand why things have to be so difficult for me and my wife, but come too easily for others. Just makes me sad.
    I used to be in a marriage like  that.  Its very heartbreaking and makes you feel like you are inferior  and flawed. You are not
    Oh gosh, I was drunk last night and should have put my phone away. I'm sorry about the cryptic post there, but my wife and I aren't having problems in our marriage. I meant that things were difficult with us trying to expand our family. We've been trying to have kids for more than a decade now, but have been unsuccessful. No luck the natural way, 2 failed IVF attempts, and now 2 adoptions that fell through. It's just tough seeing people who probably shouldn't be having kids get pregnant so easily. This last adoption attempt was particularly tough. We got to the hospital, met the baby, and fell in love with that sweet little girl. State law forces a birth mother to wait at least 24 hours before signing the adoption paperwork. The birth mom changed her mind about 3 hours before we were to sign papers. We're not sure, but we think she was just trying to use us to get money. Thankfully we had it set up so that she would receive money after the adoption was final.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Oh gosh, I was drunk last night and should have put my phone away. I'm sorry about the cryptic post there, but my wife and I aren't having problems in our marriage. I meant that things were difficult with us trying to expand our family. We've been trying to have kids for more than a decade now, but have been unsuccessful. No luck the natural way, 2 failed IVF attempts, and now 2 adoptions that fell through. It's just tough seeing people who probably shouldn't be having kids get pregnant so easily. This last adoption attempt was particularly tough. We got to the hospital, met the baby, and fell in love with that sweet little girl. State law forces a birth mother to wait at least 24 hours before signing the adoption paperwork. The birth mom changed her mind about 3 hours before we were to sign papers. We're not sure, but we think she was just trying to use us to get money. Thankfully we had it set up so that she would receive money after the adoption was final.
    Oh man sorry to hear! I had a friend who managed adoption cases she actually set up my coworker with her adoption of two kids over 20 years ago one is from Poland the other is from China! Unfortunately she passed away a few years back she helped a lot of couples through the process. Keeping positive vibes for you and spouse to get through and have a positive outcome..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Man thats heartbreaking.  I hope there is a way forward 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Oh man sorry to hear! I had a friend who managed adoption cases she actually set up my coworker with her adoption of two kids over 20 years ago one is from Poland the other is from China! Unfortunately she passed away a few years back she helped a lot of couples through the process. Keeping positive vibes for you and spouse to get through and have a positive outcome..
    Thanks man. Trying to stay positive about it.

Man thats heartbreaking.  I hope there is a way forward 
    Yeah, it's been tough for sure. We're still on the list as potential parents, it's just a matter of finding the right situation.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    That is heartbreaking. To have been so close.  My heart goes out to you both. I hope that you are both able to find peace regardless of how you parenting journey plays out. I agree, it can be so unfair.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    I miss my cat, Kali

been a year since Kali passed away, thinking of her today.

Also kinda starting a new career path on Monday, hoping that goes well.
    (((Hugs))) and good luck. @eeriepadave
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    That is heartbreaking. To have been so close.  My heart goes out to you both. I hope that you are both able to find peace regardless of how you parenting journey plays out. I agree, it can be so unfair.
    Thank you
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Are those real??
    Pearl Jam Per Peru_Jam  Twitter

Pearl Jam Rock Band Low Top Shoes V5 in 2022  Top shoes White sneakers  women Pearl jam

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • No . Cant  be
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited November 2022
    I'm so sorry. My cousin and his wife went the adoption route about 15 years go as they had the same issues. eventually they got two brothers from an orphanage (I actually think it was still called that there) and everything seemed great. But it turned out, they both were so traumatized from their experience there, the older one started becoming violent towards them and his brother (they had to lock their bedroom doors at night-they once woke up to him standing over them with a butcher knife), and is now a drugged out prostitute they haven't heard from in a few years. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'm so sorry. My cousin and his wife went the adoption route about 15 years go as they had the same issues. eventually they got two brothers from an orphanage (I actually think it was still called that there) and everything seemed great. But it turned out, they both were so traumatized from their experience there, the older one started becoming violent towards them and his brother (they had to lock their bedroom doors at night-they once woke up to him standing over them with a butcher knife), and is now a drugged out prostitute they haven't heard from in a few years. 
    Thanks man. It's tough, but we're not giving up hope. That's so sad for your cousin. How old were the kids when they adopted them? I've heard that kids as young as 3 can carry that kind of trauma with them. We've primarily been focused on getting a newborn, but we're thinking about expanding it to up to 2 years old. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Thanks man. It's tough, but we're not giving up hope. That's so sad for your cousin. How old were the kids when they adopted them? I've heard that kids as young as 3 can carry that kind of trauma with them. We've primarily been focused on getting a newborn, but we're thinking about expanding it to up to 2 years old. 
    they were school agers, like 7 and 10 I want to say? The older one never talked about what happened, he refused to, but we gather he "protected" his brother from predators, if you know what I mean, which kind of explained his later violent bitter outbursts at him. 

hoping the best for you and your wife!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited November 2022
    Last year, I purchased this nice and comfy tee. I noticed from the moment it arrived that the logo was not properly dried. After a few washes, it has entirely gone off. It's still a great t-shirt. Now I'm wondering if that was made on purpose to get the message of the limited life span of the patients across? if that's the case, this would be a very creative way to send such a strong message around. Any thoughts?

Yesterday, another awesome tee landed on my doorstep. I noticed that the flag consists of only 39 little album logos instead of 50. Do you think there's a specific historical meaning behind this number?

Am I reading too much into these tees? :smiley:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    We had to put our sweet pup down yesterday & it was absolutely heartbreaking.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mfc2006 said:
    I am so sorry. It’s always hard. I hope you and your family are doing ok. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    GlowGirl said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Thanks - he's been with us for 14 years...since we were newlyweds. Been a very tough couple of days, but I know we did the right thing. His quality of life was terrible and it deteriorated very quickly.

Not fun at all, but he was truly an amazing pup. Here's a pic of our sweet boy, Sam...this was taken in February on his bday.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    mfc2006 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Thanks - he's been with us for 14 years...since we were newlyweds. Been a very tough couple of days, but I know we did the right thing. His quality of life was terrible and it deteriorated very quickly.

Not fun at all, but he was truly an amazing pup. Here's a pic of our sweet boy, Sam...this was taken in February on his bday.

What a lovely looking lad. So sorry to hear this. It’s really hard but at least you know you have done the right thing by him. Hope you’re doing okay in the circumstances. 

Safe travels on the rainbow bridge Sam, I’m sure Gizmo is waiting to say hello.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Weather I should have a burger for supper or fish tacos....hmmmm
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    edited December 2022
    I can't believe how much Bill Gates loves the planet and us. 

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I'm wondering about those political solutions..

https://rumble.com/v21gfhy-123378550.html
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Thinking about purchasing the new AirPod Pros. I have a $20 coupon and there’s a $30 store markdown right now. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    Thinking about purchasing the new AirPod Pros. I have a $20 coupon and there’s a $30 store markdown right now. 
    Got ‘Em!

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

I spent way to much time watching Shark Tank this last weekend.

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I am alone.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022