NCAA College Football -

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    OSU looked like a fraudulent defensive unit, as well.  Damn, did not expect Michigan's offense to beat on them in the 2nd half, but they made it look relatively simple.
    I'm sure it hurts for OSU fans to lose to that smarmy bastard in back to back years.

sure does. but um played well. disciplined with a good scheme. mccarthy stepped up with critical passing when they needed him to.
    The huge play after huge play....dang, that was crazy.
    Day is turning into John Cooper, losing with the better team,  being outcoached.

play calling and defensive scheme. add that to undisciplined play after a play....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Hot damn Caleb Williams is a freak! 

But I don't think Chris Fowler is too happy about ND getting their asses kicked. :rofl:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hot damn Caleb Williams is a freak! 

But I don't think Chris Fowler is too happy about ND getting their asses kicked. :rofl:
    Yeah, he is a beast.

The D tried to do everything to give ND a chance but the offense for ND just is plain bad.  How did they win that many games?
    I think it was a big mistake trying to only run/throw to the TE as a game plan.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Looks like Caleb is getting the Heisman Hype, now.  
    Would be the 8th time for SC, which would be cool.  

Wobbie, your Utes have a chance to beat SC 2x in the same season.  Trojans spit the bit in SLC, we'll see how it works in Vegas.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    How Bout Them Dawgs!! 

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    OSU looked like a fraudulent defensive unit, as well.  Damn, did not expect Michigan's offense to beat on them in the 2nd half, but they made it look relatively simple.
    I'm sure it hurts for OSU fans to lose to that smarmy bastard in back to back years.

Penn State played well against them earlier this year putting up over 30 points.

Who makes the last playoff spot though? Ohio State or USC?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

Penn State played well against them earlier this year putting up over 30 points.

USC for sure if it beats Utah.  OSU if they lose.  I think TCU is in with a loss so long as they don’t take it on the chin.

If SC wins on Friday, they are in.  No doubt about it.

Before yesterday I would gave strongly advocated for a 1 loss Buckeye team over a 1 loss Trojans team, even though OSU would be neither a division nor conference champ.
    However, after the way they were smashed vs Michigan, I agree with pretty much everyone else that SC would be the logical pick.  (Especially if they avenged their lone loss (to Utah, by 1 point, at Utah) in the Conference Title game.)

All that said....Georgia will destroy either team.  Neither plays good enough defense to stop a decent to good offensive team and both would have to work hard to put up points vs Georgia's D.  (I think)

Could easily see SC losing vs Utah and OSU getting right back into the discussion. 

JojoRice said:
    How Bout Them Dawgs!! 

The path to b2b looks good!
    I see the logic here....not in favor of teams backing in, but it will be what it will be.  Since the divisions and conferences will be getting larger I suppose this will be more of a thing in the future 

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-playoff-georgia-michigan-tcu-and-usc-should-be-in-no-matter-what-162831101.html

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

Before yesterday I would gave strongly advocated for a 1 loss Buckeye team over a 1 loss Trojans team, even though OSU would be neither a division nor conference champ.
    However, after the way they were smashed vs Michigan, I agree with pretty much everyone else that SC would be the logical pick.  (Especially if they avenged their lone loss (to Utah, by 1 point, at Utah) in the Conference Title game.)

All that said....Georgia will destroy either team.  Neither plays good enough defense to stop a decent to good offensive team and both would have to work hard to put up points vs Georgia's D.  (I think)

Could easily see SC losing vs Utah and OSU getting right back into the discussion. 

I don’t see USC losing but I could see TCU losing…..and you know who’s then back in the discussion? no, not THEosu….ala-fucking-bama. hate to admit it, but they probably deserve to be in the discussion and could probably win the fucking thing if they got in.

I hate the GA-USC and MICH-TCU matchups as it now probably stands….I think USC could beat MICH; I don’t think TCU can.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

I don’t see USC losing but I could see TCU losing…..and you know who’s then back in the discussion? no, not THEosu….ala-fucking-bama. hate to admit it, but they probably deserve to be in the discussion and could probably win the fucking thing if they got in.

I hate the GA-USC and MICH-TCU matchups as it now probably stands….I think USC could beat MICH; I don’t think TCU can.
    How do you take 2 loss Bama over 1 loss OSU if neither won their division?  Makes no sense.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

How do you take 2 loss Bama over 1 loss OSU if neither won their division?  Makes no sense.  
    cuz Bama lost to two good teams, on the road, on the final play. “our” buckeyes got their asses kicked, at home, by a MICH team that probably isn’t even all that good. Bama’s two losses = 4 points. “our” buckeyes = 22.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited November 2022
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

cuz Bama lost to two good teams, on the road, on the final play. “our” buckeyes got their asses kicked, at home, by a MICH team that probably isn’t even all that good. Bama’s two losses = 4 points. “our” buckeyes = 22.
    Tennessee is so good that gave up 63 to South Carolina.  LSU just lost to A&M, its 3rd loss.  I'm not so sure Bama lost to teams that even compare to Michigan, who happens to be undefeated.  Bama lost to teams with five combined losses.  Couple that with Bama having two losses themselves, I don't buy that argument. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Tennessee is so good that gave up 63 to South Carolina.  LSU just lost to A&M, it's 3rd loss.  I'm not so sure Bama lost to teams that even compare to Michigan, who happens to be undefeated.  Bama lost to teams with five combined losses.  Couple that with Bama having two losses themselves, I don't buy that argument. 

another way to view this is the OSU lost to the #3 team in the country.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    ^^^ you guys are probably right.

alls I know is that nearly every team looks different, week to week. Tennessee looked great…until they didn’t. LSU has alternated between good and shit. maybe it’s the hater in me, but I’m not convinced michigan is any good….I think Bama would beat them. Then again, most of us thought….you know.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    ^^^ you guys are probably right.

alls I know is that nearly every team looks different, week to week. Tennessee looked great…until they didn’t. LSU has alternated between good and shit. maybe it’s the hater in me, but I’m not convinced michigan is any good….I think Bama would beat them. Then again, most of us thought….you know.
    I don't think Bama could beat them.  They have too many problems.  Their O line doesn't protect, their receivers are weak and their secondary is suspect.  This is the worst Bama team in a decade.  The crazy thing is that Bryce has been spectacular this year, it's just not enough. 
    and, altho I hate to feed the SEC hype, it’s a significantly better conference than the BIG.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    csleb williams’ fingernails painted with “fuck utah” how about FUCK YOU?!?!?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I’m a lil drunk, but who besides F’me is sorry U$C lost?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Superman had his cape ripped off

Supposedly popped his hamstring on that crazy rum in the first half.  Guess Lincoln Riley wanted to ride the guy all the way but he was a statue for the rest of the game and that didn't work

Really happy about the season and the turnaround,  but it stings right now.

We don't have a chance vs. Georgia but I am glad they expanded the playoffs....punishing teams for actually making the conference finals and rewarding teams for not being able to make their own conference final by sending them to NCAA semi finals is silly.

Kyle Winningham is really a great coach to be so good at frigging Utah.

We will see what happens today but SC should be the only one of the top four that drops out with a loss.  The others would all have 1 loss and it would be bs to bump them down.
    We will see what happens today but SC should be the only one of the top four that drops out with a loss.  The others would all have 1 loss and it would be bs to bump them down.
    If KSU lays a similar score on TCU, Bama could sneak in.
    mrussel1 said:
    Could but I think it would be wrong to do so.
    mrussel1 said:

heading into OT Pearl Jam Smileys
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    mrussel1 said:

heading into OT Pearl Jam Smileys
    They lost but I don't see any argument for Alabama.   They have more losses and fewer impressive wins.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    The B1G will likely send 2 teams to the playoff. 2 teams that somehow got to schedule 8 home games in a conference that managed only 7 combined wins against top 25 teams. If TCU is on the bubble with their resume, the new format can’t come soon enough. 
    FiveBelow said:
    The B1G will likely send 2 teams to the playoff. 2 teams that somehow got to schedule 8 home games in a conference that managed only 7 combined wins against top 25 teams. If TCU is on the bubble with their resume, the new format can’t come soon enough. 
    TCU is in.  
    it will be interesting to see who gets in now. Georgia and Michigan are definite. I think TCU still gets in despite their loss. Last spot, probably Ohio State?

Also Deion Sanders for becoming Colorado's new head coach.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    How bout them DAWGS!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.