______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    GB281198 said:
    It sounds great 
    I’m on record three and it is awesome.  Rough count is 35 covers and yet they all sound like Tom wrote them.  They have an amazing ability to put their own touch on it.  

Also, not that I expected any less, but I’m so glad they mastered the songs to run together, rather than fading between them.  It’s the thing I hate about some PJ compilations.  This Fillmore is done properly.  
  • GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398
    mrussel1 said:
    GB281198 said:
    It sounds great 
    I’m on record three and it is awesome.  Rough count is 35 covers and yet they all sound like Tom wrote them.  They have an amazing ability to put their own touch on it.  

Also, not that I expected any less, but I’m so glad they mastered the songs to run together, rather than fading between them.  It’s the thing I hate about some PJ compilations.  This Fillmore is done properly.  
    I had high expectations and it's exceeded them!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    GB281198 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    GB281198 said:
    It sounds great 

I had high expectations and it's exceeded them!

awesome, now to wait for a sale ....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    May 30th said:

3 or 5 lp set?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    edited November 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    May 30th said:

3 or 5 lp set?
    3 lp

tempest was played first. 
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811

While not considered an exceptional performance by the band, it is what it is on four wonderful records. 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

edwho said:

While not considered an exceptional performance by the band, it is what it is on four wonderful records. 

interesting. appears to show recorded in April? Heres my copy. Same boot title....

mickeyrat said:

interesting. appears to show recorded in April? Heres my copy. Same boot title....
    Lots of different reproduction's of the original boot. Not sure if mine is original or copy/variation. It was bought in the late '70's though. Facts were not a priority on these things back then. Look at how Zeppelin is spelled on mine. 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

edwho said:
    mickeyrat said:

Lots of different reproduction's of the original boot. Not sure if mine is original or copy/variation. It was bought in the late '70's though. Facts were not a priority on these things back then. Look at how Zeppelin is spelled on mine. 

mine claims Cleveland in June....

edited November 2022
    I just took a better look at yours. Talk about facts! Led Zeppelin never had a fan club. Just fans, and lots of them. Also, two concerts in Cleveland that tour April 27th & 28th. Both can be found as Destroyer four record set boots. 

the song list on mine is just the songs, not in running order. 

One stop shopping here: https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2015/02/led_zeppelin_at_the_coliseum_i.html

You can also Google Led Zeppelin April 27-28, 1977  "Destroyer," 'images'

I think those two links have all the correct info. Rock on

And I hope people that rightly say "play your records" dig the condition of mine. 

Post edited by edwho on

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    mickeyrat said:
    edwho said:
    mickeyrat said:

mine claims Cleveland in June....
    That's what my boot was.. Cleveland

edwho said:
    I just took a better look at yours. Talk about facts! Led Zeppelin never had a fan club. Just fans, and lots of them. Also, two concerts in Cleveland that tour April 27th & 28th. Both can be found as Destroyer four record set boots. 

One stop shopping here: https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2015/02/led_zeppelin_at_the_coliseum_i.html

And I hope people that rightly say "play your records" dig the condition of mine. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destroyer_(Led_Zeppelin_bootleg_recording)

mickeyrat said:
    edwho said:

Great find, good info. I guess I knew I didn't have the original release, but still had hope it wasn't too far down the line.  Oh, well still love it and play it.

btw, Led Zeppelin had an off day in Los Angeles on June 24th.

Another fan favorite and a favorite of mine is also from that tour it's titled 'Listen to this Eddie'

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Local artists put on a tribute to The Last Waltz during this weekend, it's tonight. And it's not going to disappoint.

edited November 2022
    edwho said:
    mickeyrat said:
    edwho said:

Great find, good info. I guess I knew I didn't have the original release, but still had hope it wasn't too far down the line.  Oh, well still love it and play it.

btw, Led Zeppelin had an off day in Los Angeles on June 24th.

Another fan favorite and a favorite of mine is also from that tour it's titled 'Listen to this Eddie'

used to have a new orleans show from either 73 or 77. cant recall which.
    73, just looked it up.

Post edited by mickeyrat on

I pinched that above picture of the LA boot from Google Images. I have a CD version. Only have one other LZ bootleg record. Can’t remember exact show date. Way earlier tour though around 1971. That one is buried in the collection with my other records and turntable. Whoops now I am going to get kicked out of this thread, dang, I’ll go out with a bang. hehe

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609

sup
    You run around SPRAY PAINT. graffiti on the walls.Think that's bitchin man? that aint nnnnnnNOTHING AT ALLLL

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,708