______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    sup
    Epic record. So glad I was raised a metalhead. Helping with dragging out the xmas decorations.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Loujoe said:
    Epic record. So glad I was raised a metalhead. Helping with dragging out the xmas decorations.
    I generally don't listen to any metal any longer.  I gave that up about when PJ hit.  But Powerslave is a fantastic record.  I have always loved the historical theme that ran through it.  Plus knowing the lyrics to Mariner helped me out in English class in high school, as we read that poem.  I was the only asshole that understood it thanks to Bruce. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

ikiT said:

Nice Aerosmith morning

They did a great job with that one.
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    I generally don't listen to any metal any longer.  I gave that up about when PJ hit.  But Powerslave is a fantastic record.  I have always loved the historical theme that ran through it.  Plus knowing the lyrics to Mariner helped me out in English class in high school, as we read that poem.  I was the only asshole that understood it thanks to Bruce. 
    funny^^^. I almost got rid of all my records but glad I didn't. I have some that didn't age well, but maiden always works for me.  slayer/metallica/ozzy/sabbath still live with me.
    It's really about spinning it and taking me back. Sparks something in my brain. Feeds me. Yaaaaaknnnoowww

edited November 2022
    OG UK pressing 

Post edited by MedozK on
  • MedozK said:

They did a great job with that one.
    You said it. Amazing job. 
  • Loujoe said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    funny^^^. I almost got rid of all my records but glad I didn't. I have some that didn't age well, but maiden always works for me.  slayer/metallica/ozzy/sabbath still live with me.
    It's really about spinning it and taking me back. Sparks something in my brain. Feeds me. Yaaaaaknnnoowww

I’m with you here. Add ST, Pantera and Anthrax to the list. Even with all those bands there are only certain albums that hold up
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

Ripping up the garden session.
    RIP. Dude lives with me forever. Rastafari. Or as my dad put it. 'Rastaparagus' love him.
    MedozK said:

up near the top of my Dylan list.

ikiT said:

Very cool. I just have that on CD.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Can hear the Josh Homme influence all over this one.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398
    It sounds great