NCAA College Football -

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    JojoRice said:
    HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!
    Good game by them,  but at the same time Tennessee were pretenders. Their defense is not even top 50. To compete for a title,  you have to be top 10 in both. 

We saw last night that Alabama still has holes in their team as well.  
    It was a joke to make Clemson 4 ahead of Michigan.  How can a top 4 team have that qb situation? 

Great game by ND. I was impressed by their O line play all game.  They wore Clemson out.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    Glad Bama lost again!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445
    JojoRice said:
    Wobbie said:
    JojoRice said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Looking forward to the big game in Athens this weekend.  GO DAWGS!
    I'm not sold on TN yet.  I think UGA wins by 17+ and knocks out the Vols from the picture.  It will still come down to UGA vs Bama for a spot (or two).  I just don't think great teams come from nowhere, it takes multiple classes and development to make a real run.  I don't see 7-6 go to undefeated.  Not saying it can't happen, but it would be an aberration.  
    I'll take a 17 point win right now without teeing it up! Should be a fun atmosphere. Headed to Athens on Friday after work for the game. Thought about taking my PJ flag to Game Day. 
    JoJo - I gotta know know - are you the male or female in your avatar? JoJo sounds like a woman’s name but the fairer sex is pretty scarce in these sports threads.

I’m a Buckeye fan (grew up there) but your Dawgs can just go ahead and keep beating those other SEC teams. We have good friends, Auburn alum whose son now goes to Georgia. They are on the Dawg bandwagon. Did Auburn once lose to FSU in the National Championship? My friend was at that game (or maybe it was just a very major bowl) and had to endure the “war chant” throughout. I can only imagine….
    I'm the male. Everyone called me that growing up.  

There’s a lolo here who I always thought was a girl :lol: He’s a damn Bama fan, but he does have all his teeth. It was great to see Bama put out of the picture but I hate that it was Kelly who did it.

Georgia looks unbeatable.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    You're right, every school definitely has those kind of fans. Just wanted to know if that was a thing all fans did, kind of like one of wobbie's Buckeyes yelling "O-H" in a crowd. Don't get me wrong, have fun, cheer for your team, bark, whatever...just don't do it 6 inches in front of my face. 

I can be almost anywhere and if I’m wearing some OSU gear, someone is gonna hit me with the “O-H”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,641
    Wobbie said:
    You're right, every school definitely has those kind of fans. Just wanted to know if that was a thing all fans did, kind of like one of wobbie's Buckeyes yelling "O-H" in a crowd. Don't get me wrong, have fun, cheer for your team, bark, whatever...just don't do it 6 inches in front of my face. 

I can be almost anywhere and if I’m wearing some OSU gear, someone is gonna hit me with the “O-H”

yeah, we're like that.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The guy up the street from me (In Maine) is an OSU grad. A few years ago, his father turned 100 years old and was the dot for the I in Ohio for the OSU Michigan game. I guess he was in the band a long time ago there. 

Oh, and boo O$U and meat chicken
    smile6680 said:
    The guy up the street from me (In Maine) is an OSU grad. A few years ago, his father turned 100 years old and was the dot for the I in Ohio for the OSU Michigan game. I guess he was in the band a long time ago there. 

TBDBITL
  • mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:
    The guy up the street from me (In Maine) is an OSU grad. A few years ago, his father turned 100 years old and was the dot for the I in Ohio for the OSU Michigan game. I guess he was in the band a long time ago there. 

TBDBITL
    I don't even know what this stands for due to the fact I post so little.
    smile6680 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:

TBDBITL
    nor do I.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited November 2022
    Wobbie said:
    smile6680 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:

TBDBITL
    nor do I.
    Cmon Wobbie. I guess you left Ohio young.

It's short for..

The Best Damn Band in the Land.  

Type it into your browser and it will be straight Buckeyes band for results. There's no one better. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    smile6680 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:

TBDBITL
    nor do I.

It's short for..

Type it into your browser and it will be straight Buckeyes band for results. There's no one better. 

he's old. memory going bad
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    smile6680 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    smile6680 said:

TBDBITL
    nor do I.

It's short for..

I prefer the pride of West Virginia. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    some good games yesterday.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Yup.  Tennessee was eliminated, so that's one less wild card in the mix.  
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes, that was a great game from my Gamecocks! (where the heck has that offense been all year?)
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes, that was a great game from my Gamecocks! (where the heck has that offense been all year?)
    Those cocks played out of their mind. 
    guess nothing of consequence is happening in college football other than OSU V um.
    ESPN College Game Day AND Fox Big Noon Kickoff here in Columbus for THE GAME.

mickeyrat said:
    guess nothing of consequence is happening in college football other than OSU V um.
    Tre is out, Miyan in, is the word.  I love a Williams/Hayden backfield. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Tre is out, Miyan in, is the word.  I love a Williams/Hayden backfield. 
    just dropped off the fire chiefs for Nellis AF base(my brother OSU fan) and Selfridge ANG base(his UM loving buddy) down near the stadium.

Chief Ross takes my brother when its in Ann Arbor(season tickets). My brother is treating him here...

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    edited November 2022
    SC ND tonight but that is for a fringe CFP team.

#2 vs #3, The Game, that is where the focus should be.

As a Trojan, I'm of course always wanting to beat The Irish but I still believe our team is a sham, this year.  Before we lost our RB, the O could play with anyone.  
    Problem is the Defense and Special Teams has looked awful.  
    Hey, who knows.  If they get lucky and get in perhaps they can outscore a top, well rounded opponent.  But, I don't think so.

I don't like rooting for Buckeyes, but I hate Harbaugh....so, today I hope Buckeyes roll the shit out of Michigan.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

As a Trojan, I'm of course always wanting to beat The Irish but I still believe our team is a sham, this year.  Before we lost our RB, the O could play with anyone.  
    Hey, who knows.  If they get lucky and get in perhaps they can outscore a top, well rounded opponent.  But, I don't think so.

I don't like rooting for Buckeyes, but I hate Harbaugh....so, today I hope Buckeyes roll the shit out of Michigan.

you've made the right choice.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730

First and foremost, fUSC! But that's common knowledge. Hope all is well buddy!

You make good points about SC, but I simply cannot overlook the play of Caleb Williams. 33 TD/3 INT ratio? Good lord the kid is a DUDE! Should allow them to hang close with any team...except maybe UGA.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611

First and foremost, fUSC! But that's common knowledge. Hope all is well buddy!

You make good points about SC, but I simply cannot overlook the play of Caleb Williams. 33 TD/3 INT ratio? Good lord the kid is a DUDE! Should allow them to hang close with any team...except maybe UGA.
    Yeah, he is looking like a mini-Mahommes.  

ND being able to salvage a shit season by trashing us is never a good scenario.  Seems rivals tend to piss in your soup when there is an opportunity to do so.
    Hope you are well but your team loses by 10, today.  :)
    Watching SC games this year is sort of torture.  Sure doesn't feel like we have the #6 team with the defense constantly getting slapped around.
    not looking good for the home team.

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Go Gamecocks! Knocked out 2 teams in contention for the playoffs in back to back weeks. You're welcome to whoever benefits from that.
    OSU looked like a fraudulent defensive unit, as well.  Damn, did not expect Michigan's offense to beat on them in the 2nd half, but they made it look relatively simple.
    I'm sure it hurts for OSU fans to lose to that smarmy bastard in back to back years.
    OSU looked like a fraudulent defensive unit, as well.  Damn, did not expect Michigan's offense to beat on them in the 2nd half, but they made it look relatively simple.
    I'm sure it hurts for OSU fans to lose to that smarmy bastard in back to back years.

sure does. but um played well. disciplined with a good scheme. mccarthy stepped up with critical passing when they needed him to.

mickeyrat said:

sure does. but um played well. disciplined with a good scheme. mccarthy stepped up with critical passing when they needed him to.
    The huge play after huge play....dang, that was crazy.
    mickeyrat said:

The huge play after huge play....dang, that was crazy.
    Day is turning into John Cooper, losing with the better team,  being outcoached.