Thanksgiving is next week. What are you bringing to the table?

JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
What is everyone bringing to the table for Thanksgiving? For my family's big pot luck dinner I'm going to try making mashed potato casserole this year.  
"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I will be deep frying a turkey. I've got a homemade dry rub recipe that is phenomenal imo. Wife is probably going to make some kind of dessert as well.
  • I'll do the cooking so Turkey brussels sprouts, green beans, taters and gravy.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The norm,  since I will cook...except it will be gluten free where applicable due to my wife's needs

Turkey 
    Mashed pots
    Gravy
    Stuffing
    A spinach concoction (cream cheese and breadcrumbs, very good)
    Corn
    Olives of many types
    Some random shit my in laws will make.
    Absolutely zero green bean shitarole
    Pie

I'll be mixing in some vodka throughout, no doubt.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I bring indifference to the table!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    An appetite.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    We're heading to my sisters for Turkey Day. We are making apple pie, spinach dip & cornbread stuffing.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    We do we do a Friendsgiving with a few families. I make the turkey and my wife will usually bring pumpkin pie and a cheesecake 
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    I'm going to my nephew's and I asked what I could bring and I haven't heard back.  I know they have all the basics covered.  Last time I went there I brought some fancy boxes of candy.  I think that was a mistake as they don't like their kids to have too much candy and of course this is not long after Halloween. So, I thought this year I would bring some coloring books, crayons and bubbles for the kids (all under 8 years old) and just bring a bouquet of flowers for my nephew and his wife.  What you think about that?  Is that good?  I'm really perplexed, any advice would be welcome!!
  • I'm going to my nephew's and I asked what I could bring and I haven't heard back.  I know they have all the basics covered.  Last time I went there I brought some fancy boxes of candy.  I think that was a mistake as they don't like their kids to have too much candy and of course this is not long after Halloween. So, I thought this year I would bring some coloring books, crayons and bubbles for the kids (all under 8 years old) and just bring a bouquet of flowers for my nephew and his wife.  What you think about that?  Is that good?  I'm really perplexed, any advice would be welcome!!
    That sounds good as long as the kids don't color the walls, lol.

A bottle of wine maybe?
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Spatchcocking and smoking the turkey
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Trying to convince my family that we should smoke a brisket and some ribs for Thanksgiving this year.  I know it's tradition and all, but Thanksgiving food is mostly trash.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I'm thinking of going with a turkey breast this year....but maybe not

Stupid thing to do?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I'm going to my nephew's and I asked what I could bring and I haven't heard back.  I know they have all the basics covered.  Last time I went there I brought some fancy boxes of candy.  I think that was a mistake as they don't like their kids to have too much candy and of course this is not long after Halloween. So, I thought this year I would bring some coloring books, crayons and bubbles for the kids (all under 8 years old) and just bring a bouquet of flowers for my nephew and his wife.  What you think about that?  Is that good?  I'm really perplexed, any advice would be welcome!!

A bottle of wine maybe?
    I was thinking the exact same thing lol.

Board games would also be worth considering as entertainment for the kiddos.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I haven't had Thanksgiving dinner in about 12-15 years. I usually don't make it home in November with Christmas on the horizon, but I'm flying on Saturday.
    I'm probably more excited about the Giants-Cowboys game than the turkey, but I will definitely consume a lot of cranberries. And some stuffed mushrooms.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    eddiec said:
    I haven't had Thanksgiving dinner in about 12-15 years. I usually don't make it home in November with Christmas on the horizon, but I'm flying on Saturday.
    I'm probably more excited about the Giants-Cowboys game than the turkey, but I will definitely consume a lot of cranberries. And some stuffed mushrooms.
    Whoa 12-15 years? I’ve never missed thanksgiving been in this country since 1971! We’re doing traditional turkey dinner with trimmings! I’m more into the appetizers I’m in charge of those my daughter & wife will take care of the main course..safe travels 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I'm thinking of going with a turkey breast this year....but maybe not

Stupid thing to do?
    Do it.  So much quicker and easier.  I cook just breasts about twice a year.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Stupid thing to do?
    Not at all. Much easier and tastes great
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450

Stupid thing to do?
    Not at all. Much less work than doing an entire bird. The downsides to me doing it is I make a turkey for a Friendsgiving with a number of people, some who prefer the dark meat. The other one being I make a few dishes afterwards that use dark meat in them.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937

Stupid thing to do?
    Not at all. Much less work than doing an entire bird. The downsides to me doing it is I make a turkey for a Friendsgiving with a number of people, some who prefer the dark meat. The other one being I make a few dishes afterwards that use dark meat in them.
    yeah I'll probably see what is available....might just end up with the whole bird
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,416
    my fat ass
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Poncier said:
    An appetite.

:lol: this for me as well
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769

A bottle of wine maybe?
    LOL, yeah I thought about sidewalk chalk but it may be too cold.  My nephew and his wife don't drink too much, but I agree wine is always a good go to as a holiday host gift.  Thanks!!
    edited November 2022
    Starters will def do oysters topped with smoked salmon & will also do a beef carpaccio! 
    Post edited by josevolution on
    My wife baked these two last night! It’s torture looking at them today can’t touch till tomorrow after dinner 😋 apple pie & pumpkin 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Very nice!

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    My wife baked these two last night! It’s torture looking at them today can’t touch till tomorrow after dinner 😋 apple pie & pumpkin 
    Those look great. I am not a fan of pumpkin pie, but warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream melting all over it - yum!
    Just stuffed the bastard, put his bacon coat on, and put him in the oven

Whoa that is incredible please post picture once done! 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Our family has traditionally done a bacon coat as well, though not as tidily as yours. Enjoy your dinner!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

Looks delicious!! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.