The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    I'm happy with how they going this year. The one has just gone bushy! They look like they getting ready to flower now
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    BLACK35 said:
    I'm happy with how they going this year. The one has just gone bushy! They look like they getting ready to flower now
    Yeah I’ve had a tough month of not feeling good so I haven’t put as much work into my two! I’ll let my go through at least 2nd week of October!! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    BLACK35 said:
    This years crop. Pictures 2 weeks old
    Your girls are beautiful!  Ever have bug issues and if so what’s your remedy!  TIA!!! 
  • i love looking at pictures of marijuana. ty to all who have contributed      giggle
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Did some harvesting today 😎
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    I’ve got my two hanging! Will trim in about a week I’m not expecting a big yield but it should be tasty! 
    Just trimmed this tonight about 3 ounces and another 2 ounces of sugar trim for extraction! 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I have to admit

I’ve smoked pot for a long time now. But since it’s become legal here in NYC , it’s  all I smell when I walk through the streets. And it’s kind of annoying honestly. I never thought I’d be sick of smelling marijuana, it’s such a conflicting feeling. Anyone else feel this way or am I weird? 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

I’ve smoked pot for a long time now. But since it’s become legal here in NYC , it’s  all I smell when I walk through the streets. And it’s kind of annoying honestly. I never thought I’d be sick of smelling marijuana, it’s such a conflicting feeling. Anyone else feel this way or am I weird? 
    I'm still in Indiana but I know what you mean because of my recent visits to Chicago and Las Vegas. 

I'm honestly still blown away that I can walk into a store and buy kickass weed. I've been buying the disposable pens which I can't say I care for a whole lot. They are nice for concerts when you need to be discrete but I don't feel like they last very long and you have to hit it a few times to really get high.

The edibles are ok but I get a similar buzz as the pens. The prerolled doobies are great. I will take a few hits then put it out. Those last me quite a while. I'm actually still using some prerolls that I bought about a year ago and they are still potent.

I wonder if I'm missing something on the pens. Maybe I need to go to cartridges or something?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Just trimmed this tonight about 3 ounces and another 2 ounces of sugar trim for extraction! 
    holy shit

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

I'm still in Indiana but I know what you mean because of my recent visits to Chicago and Las Vegas. 

I'm honestly still blown away that I can walk into a store and buy kickass weed. I've been buying the disposable pens which I can't say I care for a whole lot. They are nice for concerts when you need to be discrete but I don't feel like they last very long and you have to hit it a few times to really get high.

The edibles are ok but I get a similar buzz as the pens. The prerolled doobies are great. I will take a few hits then put it out. Those last me quite a while. I'm actually still using some prerolls that I bought about a year ago and they are still potent.

I wonder if I'm missing something on the pens. Maybe I need to go to cartridges or something?
    Imo you’re not missing anything with the pens. I despise them. I don’t like the taste or the high. I’ve tried multiple brands and always get the same results. I stick to flower and use the PAX 3. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

My problem is the weed has become too strong and I can't smoke anymore.  Call me old fashioned, but I liked weak homegrown that I could smoke a whole joint of by myself before getting high.  Now I can't find anything that doesn't cause major paranoia or lethargy within two hits.  When I do partake I have been using edibles as it is much easier to manage the high, I still miss smoking joints though.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

My problem is the weed has become too strong and I can't smoke anymore.  Call me old fashioned, but I liked weak homegrown that I could smoke a whole joint of by myself before getting high.  Now I can't find anything that doesn't cause major paranoia or lethargy within two hits.  When I do partake I have been using edibles as it is much easier to manage the high, I still miss smoking joints though.
    You might like those disposable pens I mentioned. Very mild high

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

Agreed on pens, but I would argue against the disposable.  They seem to fail.  I started with that several years ago when I would have to travel out west to get it.  But now I much prefer having the easy screw in cart with a long term battery. 

BTW, the most important part of the battery is to get one where the charger is on the bottom.  I've bought the kind where you have to take the cart off to charge and it the sticky resin can cause the cartridge to fail when you put it back on.  I think you put it on and leave it until it's dead.  Never take it on and off.  
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

Imo you’re not missing anything with the pens. I despise them. I don’t like the taste or the high. I’ve tried multiple brands and always get the same results. I stick to flower and use the PAX 3. 
    I like the pens because they are convenient and odorless.  Bud is too strong smelling.  I have kids so I don't want that in the garage, smelling up wherever it's smoked and stored.  

I also agree with your statement on the City.  I was there a few weeks ago and everyone is smoking a joint, especially tourists.  I think it's a fad and it will fade away a bit, but it's pretty overwhelming right now. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

I thought they solved the paranoia side effect, but pots been making me lament/ be paranoid about mortality, I’m  getting old, PJ are getting old (Rush is seven years gone) , family members are getting way up there. And that awesome McCready Immortality solo in Ottawa doesn’t help either. Well, it was kinda awesome. I get it’s the circle of life, but I never lament about it like I do when I indulge with pot. Not at all. I really hoped with all the advances legalization brought in, that they solved this one. I’ve tried the “relax mix” which is great before sleeping, but it impacts me the same manner, paranoid.

Really hoping someone on amt figured this one out.
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

I thought they solved the paranoia side effect, but pots been making me lament/ be paranoid about mortality, I’m  getting old, PJ are getting old (Rush is seven years gone) , family members are getting way up there. And that awesome McCready Immortality solo in Ottawa doesn’t help either. Well, it was kinda awesome. I get it’s the circle of life, but I never lament about it like I do when I indulge with pot. Not at all. I really hoped with all the advances legalization brought in, that they solved this one. I’ve tried the “relax mix” which is great before sleeping, but it impacts me the same manner, paranoid.

I would think that's all a psychological impact that is inherent to you (and others) based on how you react to THC.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I would be surprised if there is anything that can be done to solve that.  

When I was young and first starting to smoke, I experienced paranoia, but it was generally founded.  I feared that my parents or the cops would bust me.  As an adult, I have never had a hint of it.  
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

I never get the paranoid feeling with edibles.  There are a few strains that don't cause paranoia when smoked, but usually since the weed is so strong I just go into a coma so can't enjoy it.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

I never get the paranoid feeling with edibles.  There are a few strains that don't cause paranoia when smoked, but usually since the weed is so strong I just go into a coma so can't enjoy it.  
    I definitely don't get as paranoid as I used to but I do tend to worry about getting an emergency call while I'm stoned as hell.

Of course the same thing could happen if I'm drunk.

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

Agreed on pens, but I would argue against the disposable.  They seem to fail.  I started with that several years ago when I would have to travel out west to get it.  But now I much prefer having the easy screw in cart with a long term battery. 

BTW, the most important part of the battery is to get one where the charger is on the bottom.  I've bought the kind where you have to take the cart off to charge and it the sticky resin can cause the cartridge to fail when you put it back on.  I think you put it on and leave it until it's dead.  Never take it on and off.  
    What do you recommend as far as a pen and cartridge?

My last visit was to the Sunnyside in Wrigleyville. 

holy shit
    It’s really tasty and no paranoia actually it gives me a nice energetic high, I get some from Cali grower but that stuff is a bit of knockout weed I like my harvest way better, I could never smoke out in the streets these days, when I do go out I’ll eat an edible and not smoke! 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

I’m back and forth between flower and pens. I prefer the high from flower but the convenience of the pen usually wins out. 

I’m rocking a disposable pen right now but it is also rechargeable. Sometimes it gets clogged up but I just give it a harder pull/toke and after a few seconds the vape comes through. My current pen (pictured below)is 2grams at 90%+ THC.($40) That’ll last me about 2 1/2 weeks.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:

I’m back and forth between flower and pens. I prefer the high from flower but the convenience of the pen usually wins out. 

I’m rocking a disposable pen right now but it is also rechargeable. Sometimes it gets clogged up but I just give it a harder pull/toke and after a few seconds the vape comes through. My current pen (pictured below)is 2grams at 90%+ THC.($40) That’ll last me about 2 1/2 weeks.

What sushi is that 😋
    Hi! said:

What sushi is that 😋
    I forgot the name but it’s tempura shrimp with like a mango drizzle. Also has cut up mango inside. I’m not a big fan of raw fish so I typically stick with shrimp or veggie sushi.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:

That is ridiculously cheap.  Is it black market?
    edited November 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

Buy two get one for $10 lol. Dude, shit is so cheap in MI. 

But to answear your question, no. From dispensary.
    Post edited by Hi! on

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to admit

What do you recommend as far as a pen and cartridge?

My last visit was to the Sunnyside in Wrigleyville. 
    Can't really recommend because legal weed only has in state growers since interstate commerce violates federal law.  In Virginia there is only one legal distributer and they carry a house brand and a second.  Our medical market is only two years old and the recreational is now legal but no sellers have been licensed yet.  

Here is my cart. It is fun a local store called Kush.  It's nice because it has a lifetime warranty. When it dies,  I just bring it back and they replace.  The cart itself is from G-Leaf, our only seller.  

Hi! said:
    Hi! said:

What sushi is that 😋
    I forgot the name but it’s tempura shrimp with like a mango drizzle. Also has cut up mango inside. I’m not a big fan of raw fish so I typically stick with shrimp or veggie sushi.
    Looks really tasty! 
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

I've seen those around here (IN) on black market but it wasn't a great high. Recharging was nice but I didn't find that it lasted much longer that way.

Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

Crazy cheap. We don't have competition in Virginia yet,  so an eighth of flower is $40, and a 1/2 gram, high test cart will be about $65.  If i went to DC, it's cheaper but not worth the hour+ drive.