*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    ya think if you were going to cheat for free agents you'd cheat for better players huh?

Penalizing teams 2nd round picks for these offenses is not a big deterrent in the NBA. Those picks are usually worthless anyway.
    More importantly, what are your thoughts on your coaching situation? 
    Interestingly enough, the talk here about why Udoka was suspended for the year and not let go was because of this exact scenario. The assumption that if he were available the Nets would want him (did anyone think Nash could actually coach?)
    Now that Nash ii out word is C's will let him go? I say they are fools for not getting a 1st round pick from the Nets in exchange. (Like they did with your current coach and the Clippers).
    I'm sure they are OK shedding his salary and feel Mazzulla can handle the job, but he's coached 6 games, so that assessment could be premature.
    Hopefully Kyrie is offended that Ime had an affair and refuses to play. I truly enjoy watching that Nets team implode.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    ya think if you were going to cheat for free agents you'd cheat for better players huh?

Penalizing teams 2nd round picks for these offenses is not a big deterrent in the NBA. Those picks are usually worthless anyway.
    More importantly, what are your thoughts on your coaching situation? 
    Interestingly enough, the talk here about why Udoka was suspended for the year and not let go was because of this exact scenario. The assumption that if he were available the Nets would want him (did anyone think Nash could actually coach?)
    Now that Nash ii out word is C's will let him go? I say they are fools for not getting a 1st round pick from the Nets in exchange. (Like they did with your current coach and the Clippers).
    I'm sure they are OK shedding his salary and feel Mazzulla can handle the job, but he's coached 6 games, so that assessment could be premature.
    Hopefully Kyrie is offended that Ime had an affair and refuses to play. I truly enjoy watching that Nets team implode.
    Definitely an odd situation for sure. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • OK 76ers fans.  This player Maxey.  Basketball card collectors, mainly younger ones, seem to think this guy is the next great player.

I don't see it.  What am I missing?
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    OK 76ers fans.  This player Maxey.  Basketball card collectors, mainly younger ones, seem to think this guy is the next great player.

Umm…..the games?

He’s averaging 24.2 ppg and shooting 47% from 3 on 7 attempts per game.

He has shown steady and obvious improvement each year and even as seasons progress. He is known for having an unbelievable work ethic, having to be kicked out of the gym on multiple occasions. There is no reason to believe he will do anything but improve as time goes on. 
    RiotZact said:
    OK 76ers fans.  This player Maxey.  Basketball card collectors, mainly younger ones, seem to think this guy is the next great player.

Umm…..the games?

He has shown steady and obvious improvement each year and even as seasons progress. He is known for having an unbelievable work ethic, having to be kicked out of the gym on multiple occasions. There is no reason to believe he will do anything but improve as time goes on. 
    Kid should be an all star this year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I honestly think he's the 2nd best player on the Sixers, and not too far behind Embiid for #1, especially when considering how much time Embiid tends to miss. Kid turns 22 tomorrow. Harden is well on the back 9. Maxey is the Sixers future in the backcourt.
    Poncier said:
    I honestly think he's the 2nd best player on the Sixers, and not too far behind Embiid for #1, especially when considering how much time Embiid tends to miss. Kid turns 22 tomorrow. Harden is well on the back 9. Maxey is the Sixers future in the backcourt.
    Yes. And, honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. It is such a pleasant surprise. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    And still cheap for the next two years. They really hit the lottery getting him, and staving off a worst case scenario with Simmons being a POS.
  • RiotZact said:

Umm…..the games?

He's played 9 games so far this year, relax.

I'm talking about last year.  He had 17ppg.  It's not bad and he is young so I guess that is what people are gauging from?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I just heard on the Radio that Harden will be out a Month(Tendon Strain in his right foot)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Chick Fil-et Spicy Deluxe > Wendys chicken
    Hotter take: Wendy's used to be the classiest of the fast food chain, which is now Chik.
    I would agree. Chick Filet is the only one of those places I ever go to now. WITH THAT BEING SAID.....if I had an Arby's nearby, I could see myself stopping in there every once in a while. 
    The only Arby's I know of is the one with the old school hat on 202 in Delaware. But I don't know, I haven't had Arby's since they basically Wendy-fied their menu. In college I'd get that ridiculous 10 beef sandwiches for like $2 special, and would regret it every single time.
    the goddam 5 for $5 went to 2 for $4 and now 2 for $5. bullshit :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited November 2022
    RiotZact said:

Umm…..the games?

I'm talking about last year.  He had 17ppg.  It's not bad and he is young so I guess that is what people are gauging from?
    That's 17 with Embiid leading the league at 30 plus Harden. He was basically the third option, sometimes fourth, most of last year.

Look at the improvement from his rookie year to last year and to this year. It's almost unheard of for a pick in the late first round. I think he is on the cusp of stardom.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZact said:

Umm…..the games?

That's 17 with Embiid leading the league at 30 plus Harden. He was basically the third option, sometimes fourth, most of last year.

Look at the improvement from his rookie year to last year and to this year. It's almost unheard of for a pick in the late first round. I think he is on the cusp of stardom.
    I'm watching him for sure. Yes he improved which is why I'm asking about him.  The card collecting masses also bought Bol Bol cards when he had 2 30 pt games in preseason.  I laughed at that one.  They also went nuts on Horton-Tucker when he shot a few 3 pointers.  It is such a knee jerk reactionary hobby that is always looking for the next big thing, lol.

You know what else is unheard of in this league?  A first rounder becoming a star too.

So many busts with these 1 and done kids...
    edited November 2022
    Not a bad back-to-back performance from everyone’s favorite comedian. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    RiotZact said:
    i'd say that was a respectable effort last night. 
    RiotZact said:
    Quite possibly the most dominating performance in franchise history, at least in our lifetimes. 

The fact that he did it on the back end of a back to back is just icing on the cake. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    RiotZact said:
    Quite possibly the most dominating performance in franchise history, at least in our lifetimes. 

The fact that he did it on the back end of a back to back is just icing on the cake. 
    When he played 40 minutes the night before, and did the worst of his damage in the 4th with 26 fucking points out of the teams 27 and 5 blocks. Superhuman. 
    Give the role players credit for stepping up for the majority of the game while missing Maxey, Harden, and Tobi. But when it mattered most Joel put his cape on and couldn’t miss in the 4th. 

I’d also like to applaud the philanthropic efforts of the Greek Freak. This city has a lot of starving people and he was generous enough to provide a free meal for every one of them. 
    Poncier said:
    Giannis in town tonight, looks like 5 nuggets this weekend for you guys.
    The Greek gift that keeps on giving.
    RiotZact said:
    Give the role players credit for stepping up for the majority of the game while missing Maxey, Harden, and Tobi. But when it mattered most Joel put his cape on and couldn’t miss in the 4th. 

I’d also like to applaud the philanthropic efforts of the Greek Freak. This city has a lot of starving people and he was generous enough to provide a free meal for every one of them. 
    Except that he almost killed a couple dudes with a ladder. 

What a weird scheduling quirk. A week off bookended by a couple back to backs. 

Fingers crossed for Maxey....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Personally...

I couldn’t disagree more. I never once actually went and redeemed a free frosty. However…..

RiotZact said:

Except that he almost killed a couple dudes with a ladder. 

What a weird scheduling quirk. A week off bookended by a couple back to backs. 

Fingers crossed for Maxey....
    Maxey was on fire last night. Hope it isn't too serious of an injury. T-Wolves tonight.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Maxey out 3-4 weeks :disappointed:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    edited November 2022
    Frosties are garbage, JP. 

Hope they can stay afloat here in the short term. I hear Harden will be back in 7-10 days. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Maxey out 3-4 weeks :disappointed:
    I have to read up on this now...  Poor guy.