Joseph Arthur

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Anti-vaccination folks are bringing back some old diseases that were previously wiped out. Idiots.

Polio is a serious disease that is resurfacing because of people avoiding vaccinations. 

I can't be friends with people who choose to be ignorant when presented with facts.  Yeah, maybe some people just don't know things but there's this group of people who willfully embrace nonsense.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Subtle!

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Lunatic 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Uggh. Clicked thread hoping something changed. Oh well.
    He's on a Completely Missing the Point tear

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jesus murphy
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Wowza
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    The song is crappy, sad, hilarious and pathetic all at the same time.  I listened so you don't have to.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    Selling free speech merch while suing the free press. Attempting to revise his history of Covid delusion and ignorance and make himself into a freedom fighting outlaw. 
    From the little bit I know of him as an obsessed fan for a few years. He always seemed dangerous (to himself) caring to others and very talented guitarist +. 
    Too bad he has chosen this oddball stuff to go off on.

• jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Selling free speech merch while suing the free press. Attempting to revise his history of Covid delusion and ignorance and make himself into a freedom fighting outlaw. 
    Got to get in on the right wing grift!
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Such a shame but at this point F him
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    The song showed up in my Spotify Release Radar playlist on Friday. I had listened to it almost before I realized what was happening. It slowly dawned on me what he was saying - I stopped it before the song was over. So fucking ridiculous. Soon he's going to be playing anti-vax rallies FFS, since that's the only way he's going to be able to keep his career alive. I'm so disappointed. Why is he so obsessed with this?? He lost his marbles.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    The song showed up in my Spotify Release Radar playlist on Friday. I had listened to it almost before I realized what was happening. It slowly dawned on me what he was saying - I stopped it before the song was over. So fucking ridiculous. Soon he's going to be playing anti-vax rallies FFS, since that's the only way he's going to be able to keep his career alive. I'm so disappointed. Why is he so obsessed with this?? He lost his marbles.
    The foundation for this was probably there, just not out in front is my best guess from afar. I think about folks I used to be close with who were tipped over the edge by the pandemics. The pump was primed long ago sadly. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Interesting^. I know when I spoke with him at a show. I was telling him I was excited to hear the new rndm record. He kinda seemed like he didn't want me to like it. Whatever. I hope he finds peace. (And gets help or something if he needs it) no shade. Everyone is wired differently. 
    Take care all
    PJ_Soul said:
    Soon?

https://www.washingtonian.com/2022/01/13/january-23-anti-vaccine-mandate-march-dc/

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    He posted some videos either earlier this year or late last year of rallies that he was at. He was supposed to be playing some songs but the set got canned. Probably another conspiracy.

Now he’s posting ridiculous TikTok videos where he’s talking to himself to prove how worthy his point is. He’s so close to being the next Randy Quaid.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    What happened to this guy I thought he was the darling of the PJ world? I’ve never listened to his music but always read a how awesome he is! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    We all walk that line sometimes. He's gone. Live he is a talent to take in. Studio stuff doesn't represent what he can do.
    Now if he is ranting, I wouldn't be able to take it.
    For a guy deeply concerned about musicians sticking to the old punk ethos, it's curious that "Nazi punks fuck off" has slipped his mind.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    edited December 2022
    pjl44 said:
    If something you're about to say starts off with "Obviously Hitler is indefensible.... but..." you may want to reconsider what you're about to say.

EDIT - or the sentence structure at the very least. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    His newest song is straight up Christian rock. Didn't finish listening to that one either. SMH.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited May 2023
    New song about a Pepe the Frog meme coin just dropped. Will be interesting to look back at this era in 10 years.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    OFF. THE. DEEP. END. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

F..k it all. Love one another.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    What the hell did I just watch??
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    What in the Sam Hill is going on here?
    www.cluthelee.com
    That is super odd. Shoot man. I'm out again. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    If I said that’s not the worst song he’s released recently, would anyone be surprised?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)