mickeyrat said:
    Yep, tells me nothing...

WTH did he injure, his asshole?
    High speed pegging incident?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,014
    CROJAM95 said:
    Went to UBS show last night… both bands were very good…great time
    I was driving home from JFK airport saw that they were playing that night! 15 years ago I would of gotten tickets these days I’ve lost interest completely! 
    Funny I’m reading your response as I’m parked on the shoulder waiting on my GF to get her baggage to come into JetBlue terminal 🤣

I got tix/ box thru work… great summer of concerts
    listening to okc boot as I wait

people fly on the Belt… slow down fuckers

• CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    I was driving home from JFK airport saw that they were playing that night! 15 years ago I would of gotten tickets these days I’ve lost interest completely! 
    Funny I’m reading your response as I’m parked on the shoulder waiting on my GF to get her baggage to come into JetBlue terminal 🤣

Slow down on the belt?  You crazy man, get out the way, lol!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    edited October 2022
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Slow down on the belt?  You crazy man, get out the way, lol!
    Yeah the belt is insane! I’ve only been to ubs for hockey games! You guys think PJ would play there? Sorry about diversion from SP thread USB 
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Yep, tells me nothing...

From Perry Farrel?  Absolutely plausible!
  • Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Yep, tells me nothing...

Incredible guess. 
  • Some tour posters up in the SP store. A couple cool designs.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Some tour posters up in the SP store. A couple cool designs.
    Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed the Boston poster I didn't feel like lugging around.
  • I have two tickets for this Saturday at the United center in Chicago. I won them and they are in the 300 but if anyone wants em for free let me know.
  • I snagged special $20 (fees included!) tickets to next week's Spokane show a couple months back. Checked in on the ticket site last night just to see how sales looked and... yikes.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I wanted to go to the show last night in St Louis, but had an obligation I couldn't get out of.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    I wanted to go to the show last night in St Louis, but had an obligation I couldn't get out of.
    I went. It was fucking awesome!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    edited November 2022
    Glad you enjoyed the show. My preference was to blow off the other commitment I had and head to the show, but no dice. Was Jane's Addiction back on the bill?
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Glad you enjoyed the show. My preference was to blow off the other commitment I had and head to the show, but no dice. Was Jane's Addiction back on the bill?
    Yup. And they killed it. I loved both bands sets
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 320
    BH76306 said:
    I snagged special $20 (fees included!) tickets to next week's Spokane show a couple months back. Checked in on the ticket site last night just to see how sales looked and... yikes.

I wonder so much about these charts. Over the past couple of years, i find myself looking at these constantly (while on work zoom calls). I find them fascinating. My favorite artist to do this to was the Black Crowes. With that being said, i wonder when it comes to showtime how much end up being filled. I went to the Atlanta Pumpkins and Janes show, last month, and I would guess that it was at least 80 percent filled. Which I was shocked at. I know with promoters and promotions, like reduced fees, promotions, etc,. happening, is this really reflective? Hard to say. Just something I think about a lot. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    The Black Crowes was something to behold. Maybe sold 10-15% of tix in a bunch of places.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    The Black Crowes was something to behold. Maybe sold 10-15% of tix in a bunch of places.
    I will never understand it. Prices 3x and capacity 6x for anywhere I saw them in the decade before they took a break.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    I will never understand it. Prices 3x and capacity 6x for anywhere I saw them in the decade before they took a break.
    too many bands and/or promoters think they're "reunion worth" is way higher than it is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    The pumpkins show in Vancouver looks like its been selling more tickets.   Still lots left in the lower and upper decks.. but sold more than I thought it would.  Maybe it'll in fill closer to the date.
  • Saw 'em last night in Detroit; my first time. Good show, good times; thought both they and Jane's sounded really good.  

Do they normally not do an encore? Was odd seeing a headliner leave the stage and not come back for at least one song. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Saw 'em last night in Detroit; my first time. Good show, good times; thought both they and Jane's sounded really good.  

Do they normally not do an encore? Was odd seeing a headliner leave the stage and not come back for at least one song. 
    Jane's? No encore in Tampa, they just said "ok, we're done."

Not sure about Pumpkins, though, we dipped out before the end. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    according to setlist.fm they don't do encores....

https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-smashing-pumpkins-23d6e0ab.html
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited November 2022
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    too many bands and/or promoters think they're "reunion worth" is way higher than it is. 
    It's taking every ounce of self control I have to not relitigate the Crowes reunion tour in the Smashing Pumpkins thread
  • Poncier said:
    I bought a whole row for that tour.  Never heard a peep of what happened?  I figured everything got cancelled?
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 320
    The Crowes tour definitely happened. They have had two back to back summer tours, 2021 and 2022. This past year was definitely in smaller venues, secondary markets.
  • Anybody listen to Billy’s new podcast, Thirty-Three, on the upcoming AUTM album? I’ve been listening. Not as bad as I thought it might get.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    It's taking every ounce of self control I have to not relitigate the Crowes reunion tour in the Smashing Pumpkins thread
    stp had a similar fate. when they first reunited, they played the arena here (13,00 capacity). second time was a festival. third time they booked the arena again, and had to downsize to a 1500 seat theatre, which didn't sell out. scott weiland also booked that same theatre for his solo tour here, then had to downsize to a dingy 300 capacity club. which didn't sell out. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,942

pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Poncier said:
    stp had a similar fate. when they first reunited, they played the arena here (13,00 capacity). second time was a festival. third time they booked the arena again, and had to downsize to a 1500 seat theatre, which didn't sell out. scott weiland also booked that same theatre for his solo tour here, then had to downsize to a dingy 300 capacity club. which didn't sell out. 

I've seen STP 3 times.  Twice on the No. 4 tour (Vancouver, and the following night in Portand, OR headlining a date of the Tattoo the Earth Festival).  That was 2000, and before they broke up, but the Vancouver show was already a theatre show.  Both shows were amazing.

I agree though, I think the 3rd time, around 2010 they came to my city and played our small jr. hockey arena, and the show was pretty meh.   Weiland nor the crowd seemed to be that into it.   But we only get bands were on their way up or on their way down... too small for peak.

Bringing this back to pumpkins though.   I saw Nirvana play the PNE forum in January 94 in Vancouver (JR hockey arena that maybe holds 5000 at best).  I saw Soundgarden at the same venue in 96.   Pearl Jam and the Pumpkins, out of the 90s, we're the only ones I ever saw that could pack a full size NBA/NHL Arena.   PJ kept the momentum, pumpkins lost it a bit.    I guess Nirvana would of moved onto bigger venues, but they had a young fan base when they ended, so given a few more years and more of their cans getting old enough to go to shows and they would of gotten there.
    I recall reading that after in utero that nirvana was having trouble selling out theatres. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• chittychitty Posts: 574
    Sold my conflicting Foals tickets and will go see SP tomorrow in Van. Been 22 years, hard to believe. Hearing this tour has been good, hoping for the best tomorrow after the debacle it was seeing them in 2000