Sloan

13»

Comments

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    why is it so rare?
    Well the album was released in 2006, before the big vinyl comeback so limited amounts were pressed. 
    I know lots of people have been wanting a copy with little luck finding one.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Chris Murphy is playing an online solo show on Sept 13. 

Chris Murphy here. I am a fan of ensembles. Whether it’s The Beatles or SCTV. I have played for almost 30 years in Sloan and in recent years, a few other projects - TUNS, Trans-Canada Highwaymen and Anyway Gang. All are ensembles. 

I am going to play a show by myself. It gives me a chance to play some songs that haven’t been played live in years, tell stories and interact with people without someone counting in the next song in hopes that I won’t. 

BUY TICKETS
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

the show yesterday was great. solo acoustic, first time he's ever done that. it was about 80 minutes, and he took questions from some fans in between; really cool vibe. he's going to be doing 3 more over the next few months, no repeats, so he's doing some hits, but also a lot of deep cuts since he knows the people buying in are big fans and love that stuff. 

such a great idea. would love to see (I know ed won't) but maybe Jeff or Stone doing it would be really cool. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Anyone looking for some Sloan vinyl? I have a some I’m willing to sell.
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Send me a list and prices! You in Canada? 
    toolie said:
    Send me a list and prices! You in Canada? 
    @toolie
    yes I’m in Canada
    ive got ...
    the double cross
    Commonwealth 
    All are basically like new. I’d do the whole lot for $60 plus ship
    fun fact. I was delving into the rarities/b-sides world of weezer, and found out that a song credited to weezer is actually Rivers on vocals, and 3 guys from Sloan as his backing band. 

https://www.weezerpedia.com/wiki/I_Woke_Up_in_Love_This_Morning
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

first of a series of vinyl releases for the previously digital-only B Sides collection. this one is 1992-1997. limited to 1200 copies. 

https://shop.kt8merch.com/products/sloan-b-sides
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

@1ThoughtKnown this might interest you. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I really wish I could continue to justify these purchases. But with shipping, $49 for a single record. Something I've bought digitally twice already (computer crash). And the whole set will likely be four installments. $200 for 4 records whose music I already own. 

Nope. can't do it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Ya I got the email from Sloan on this. Thought about it for a second but decided against it.
    im trying to thin out my collection some and need to just stop. 

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2020
    Thanks HFD! 
    I just may plunge into this one... 

EDIT - I didn’t read all the posts. $46 after shipping... I’m going to pass. If I saw it in a shop for $30 I’d grab it for sure 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    Ya I got the email from Sloan on this. Thought about it for a second but decided against it.
    im trying to thin out my collection some and need to just stop. 

i don't have even a fraction of what some people on this board have and I've already started to pump the brakes. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Thanks for the heads up on this but I'm in the same boat, $50 for a record would give my wife too many reasons to come at me. And I'm trying to rationalize a King Buffalo test pressing that comes out on Friday. It's gonna be closer to $100 CDN with shipping but limited to 25 copies, signed by the band etc.
  • Thanks for the heads up, might have to hold off for now though. It's a bit steep for what it is just before the holidays
    I am wired and fading...
    RoeDawg13 said:
    Thanks for the heads up, might have to hold off for now though. It's a bit steep for what it is just before the holidays
    it's still available @RoeDawg13. I broke down and picked one up. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    I once took a girl to see Sloan, and she left with another guy; he later became my boss at a part-time job of mine, and one day over after-work beers I told him the story - and then we laughed and we laughed and we laughed. This is not, in fact, a summary of a Sloan song, but an actual thing that happened to me in university. It coloured my relationship with the band, let's put it that way.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
    I bet Chris Murphy would get a kick out of that story. almost sounds like a Sloan song in the making....

She Left With Another Guyyyyy-HIIIIIIIIIIII
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Patrick from Sloan has a new side project I didn't know about until today. Called Fuzzed Out. Two songs released today. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Patrick from Sloan has a new side project I didn't know about until today. Called Fuzzed Out. Two songs released today. 

You check these out yet? I saw it but was at work and totally forgot about it until now
    I am wired and fading...
    yes. I like them. the band name fits. heavier than usual sloan
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    sloan?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    new record Sloan Steady out Oct 21. New single out now! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

new album out today! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Still waiting on that rumoured wax RE of Between the Bridges