NCAA College Football -

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    mace1229 said:
    Bye Bye Bama! That was some game against Tennessee

Also not sure how Penn State gave up over 400 yards in rushing, that was pretty sad for them.

UT goalposts ended up in the river. Everyone in TN should send Sabam a “thank you” card for his time mis-management at the end.

the river???? anyone with any smarts woulda gotten the sawzall out and sold souvenirs on ebay.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    edited October 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    I wouldn't count Bama out yet. They still control their destiny. 
    That they do.  If they win out, they're in.  But they need to really get better on defense to compete for the title.  I expect Georgia to beat them in the SEC title game,  eliminating them. 
    I heard the commentators say the same thing. But I don’t see how they make the top 4 with Georgia, UT, Michigan, Clemson and Ohio still undefeated unless 2 of those teams lose a game.

Juat looked up the schedules. I knew Ohio and Michigan played, didn’t know UT and Georgia did. So there will be at least 2 losses in these top 5 teams.
    Ohio will not beat Michigan.  The Bobcats aren't good and they aren't in the BiG 

But the Ohio State University will throttle those fuckers from up north. 
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

Also not sure how Penn State gave up over 400 yards in rushing, that was pretty sad for them.

UT goalposts ended up in the river. Everyone in TN should send Sabam a “thank you” card for his time mis-management at the end.

the river???? anyone with any smarts woulda gotten the sawzall out and sold souvenirs on ebay.
    Usually they surround the goalposts with cops to be safe.  I got to storm the field in 2006 when #1 OSU beat #2 Michigan 41-39 (great game!) and there was no getting near the uprights.  It was the last game on the turf so everyone was tearing up sod and taking it home.  I grabbed about a 2x2 and planted it in my backyard. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited October 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

Usually they surround the goalposts with cops to be safe.  I got to storm the field in 2006 when #1 OSU beat #2 Michigan 41-39 (great game!) and there was no getting near the uprights.  It was the last game on the turf so everyone was tearing up sod and taking it home.  I grabbed about a 2x2 and planted it in my backyard. 
    The rumor is they ordered new goalposts a few weeks ago so they could let the fans/students do this in case they won.
    the fact they are already installing new ones today makes it seem like it might be true. And that they are doing a go fund me for 160K to replace them, using this as a cash grab opportunity.
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

The rumor is they ordered new goalposts a few weeks ago so they could let the fans/students do this in case they won.
    the fact they are already installing new ones today makes it seem like it might be true. And that they are doing a go fund me for 160K to replace them, using this as a cash grab opportunity.
    like an SEC school needs to do a gofundme. SMH.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    That they do.  If they win out, they're in.  But they need to really get better on defense to compete for the title.  I expect Georgia to beat them in the SEC title game,  eliminating them. 
    I heard the commentators say the same thing. But I don’t see how they make the top 4 with Georgia, UT, Michigan, Clemson and Ohio still undefeated unless 2 of those teams lose a game.

Juat looked up the schedules. I knew Ohio and Michigan played, didn’t know UT and Georgia did. So there will be at least 2 losses in these top 5 teams.
    Ohio will not beat Michigan.  The Bobcats aren't good and they aren't in the BiG 

I've only been into college football 6 or 7 years and forget which ones get the State in their name half the time. 
    My wife's family gives me crap every time I get it wrong. They could ask what just happened in a game and I'll respond "Florida just scored a touchdown." And they'll respond "You mean Florida State?" Uhh, that's the game we are watching, so yeah. I don't get why college fans are so anal about the differences when the team you're referring to is obvious. 
    Not complaining about you, just saying in general, they're all pretty anal about that. I don't get it. 
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

I thought the same thing at first. But the video is pretty funny. there were dozens of people carrying it downtown, outside bars and such. Good luck trying to convince everyone else to let you be the one to take it home. So they just tossed it in the Tennessee River. It actually floated, who knew. May just wind up in some bank down river and someone in a boat picks it up. 
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

especially for 160k when the goalposts supposedly cost around 12k.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    mace1229 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mace1229 said:

especially for 160k when the goalposts supposedly cost around 12k.
    They trying to cover their 100k fine from the SEC as well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:

I've only been into college football 6 or 7 years and forget which ones get the State in their name half the time. 
    My wife's family gives me crap every time I get it wrong. They could ask what just happened in a game and I'll respond "Florida just scored a touchdown." And they'll respond "You mean Florida State?" Uhh, that's the game we are watching, so yeah. I don't get why college fans are so anal about the differences when the team you're referring to is obvious. 
    Not complaining about you, just saying in general, they're all pretty anal about that. I don't get it. 
    Having lived in FL for a decade at one point, you definitely CANNOT mix Florida and Florida State.  OU and OSU are not rivals, so that's more joking.  The UF/FSU one are world's apart.  Those two fan bases really, really despise each other. 
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:

Having lived in FL for a decade at one point, you definitely CANNOT mix Florida and Florida State.  OU and OSU are not rivals, so that's more joking.  The UF/FSU one are world's apart.  Those two fan bases really, really despise each other. 
    My sister, an NC State alum, can't stand it when someone refers to them as North Carolina. She responds with either "we're NC State" or "we're not the Tar Holes." Sometimes both depending on who said it lol.
    Its easier for me to remember mascots than which one is "state" or not. The one that kills me is Cal. With 100 state schools, why is UC Berkley the one known as California? Makes no sense to me. Just go by Berkley. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    mace1229 said:
    Its easier for me to remember mascots than which one is "state" or not. The one that kills me is Cal. With 100 state schools, why is UC Berkley the one known as California? Makes no sense to me. Just go by Berkley. 
    Yeah, nobody calls it UC Berkeley. 
    Cal.

Just is what it is.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mace1229 said:
    Cal.

Just is what it is.  
    I'm all in on the Banana Slugs
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Cal.

Just is what it is.  
    I'm all in on the Banana Slugs
    Exactly
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Penn State played pretty well for like three and a half quarters :lol::neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Looking forward to the big game in Athens this weekend.  GO DAWGS!

JojoRice said:
    I'm not sold on TN yet.  I think UGA wins by 17+ and knocks out the Vols from the picture.  It will still come down to UGA vs Bama for a spot (or two).  I just don't think great teams come from nowhere, it takes multiple classes and development to make a real run.  I don't see 7-6 go to undefeated.  Not saying it can't happen, but it would be an aberration.  
    edited November 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    I'm not sold on TN yet.  I think UGA wins by 17+ and knocks out the Vols from the picture.  It will still come down to UGA vs Bama for a spot (or two).  I just don't think great teams come from nowhere, it takes multiple classes and development to make a real run.  I don't see 7-6 go to undefeated.  Not saying it can't happen, but it would be an aberration.  
    I'll take a 17 point win right now without teeing it up! Should be a fun atmosphere. Headed to Athens on Friday after work for the game. Thought about taking my PJ flag to Game Day. 

• mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:

I side with your in-laws. there is a big difference to college fans on whether or not the school ends with the word "state".

That being said. Just show up, enjoy a few drinks and enjoy whatever game you are at/watching on tv. Your in-laws should be happy that you are at least trying to show interest in something they like.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    smile6680 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:

I side with your in-laws. there is a big difference to college fans on whether or not the school ends with the word "state".

100%

As a graduate of Mississippi State I will take offense if you refer to us as Ole Miss/Mississippi 
    JojoRice said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    I'll take a 17 point win right now without teeing it up! Should be a fun atmosphere. Headed to Athens on Friday after work for the game. Thought about taking my PJ flag to Game Day. 
    JoJo - I gotta know know - are you the male or female in your avatar? JoJo sounds like a woman’s name but the fairer sex is pretty scarce in these sports threads.

I’m a Buckeye fan (grew up there) but your Dawgs can just go ahead and keep beating those other SEC teams. We have good friends, Auburn alum whose son now goes to Georgia. They are on the Dawg bandwagon. Did Auburn once lose to FSU in the National Championship? My friend was at that game (or maybe it was just a very major bowl) and had to endure the “war chant” throughout. I can only imagine….

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    JojoRice said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    JoJo - I gotta know know - are you the male or female in your avatar? JoJo sounds like a woman’s name but the fairer sex is pretty scarce in these sports threads.

I’m a Buckeye fan (grew up there) but your Dawgs can just go ahead and keep beating those other SEC teams. We have good friends, Auburn alum whose son now goes to Georgia. They are on the Dawg bandwagon. Did Auburn once lose to FSU in the National Championship? My friend was at that game (or maybe it was just a very major bowl) and had to endure the “war chant” throughout. I can only imagine….
    I'm the male. Everyone called me that growing up.  

I'm used to all of the chants.  Tomorrow will be my 135th UGA game.  There's not a whole lot that I havn't experienced as far as crowds and chants go. Ya, FSU beat Barn for the Natty awhile back.  I was torn that game because I wanted the SEC to win but at the same time Auburn is one of our big rivals.  Your Buckeyes should have an easy road until the get to the Michigan game.  That should be a fun one to watch at the end of the season.  

JojoRice said:
    Wobbie said:
    JojoRice said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:

I'm the male. Everyone called me that growing up.  

I'm used to all of the chants.  Tomorrow will be my 135th UGA game.  There's not a whole lot that I havn't experienced as far as crowds and chants go. Ya, FSU beat Barn for the Natty awhile back.  I was torn that game because I wanted the SEC to win but at the same time Auburn is one of our big rivals.  Your Buckeyes should have an easy road until the get to the Michigan game.  That should be a fun one to watch at the end of the season.  
    I'm impressed you know how many games you've been to. I lost track somewhere after my first game lol. Quick question...do you or your girlfriend/wife go to away games and bark in the faces of the home team's fans? I've had that happen to me at 2 different games against you guys and didn't know if that's a UGa fan thing or if they were just obnoxious a-holes.
    My wife usually only goes to 1 game a year and that's enough for her.  My friends and I usually go to 1 or 2 away games every year in addition to all the home games.  Ya we bark a lot.  Granted we don't get in peoples faces and do it but I know the type of fans that you are referring too.  Every school has those types of fans unfortunately.  A few years ago in Knoxville, we saw Tennessee fans spitting on UGA fans that were sitting below them.  

You're right, every school definitely has those kind of fans. Just wanted to know if that was a thing all fans did, kind of like one of wobbie's Buckeyes yelling "O-H" in a crowd. Don't get me wrong, have fun, cheer for your team, bark, whatever...just don't do it 6 inches in front of my face. 
    I-O!!! 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Too damn bad for them having a couple of clunkers as learning curves. But ND looked damn good tonight!! Excited for their future. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    The only day of the year I'll pull for ND and they didn't let me down.
    HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!