NCAA College Football -

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Their season's already shot, so why not wait the 3 weeks to lower that buyout?
    cuz they gots tons of money….they are paying $50M to fired coaches.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Ha!
    :anguished:
    Feel for ya, that had to burn.
    I honestly didn't understand the line being 20.5 based on the lackluster offense week 1. But I surely did not see a thorough ass kicking either. 

So in 3 games, Marcus Freeman has a historic blown lead in a NY 6 bowl game. A very tough fought loss in which ND spent half the game as the better team over the #3 team in the nation. And suffered a complete ass kicking against a Sun-Belt team while making his home debut. 

YIKES!
    Seems sorta Heltonesque 😅 
    Fuck you, Brett!! :rofl:
    Hahaha.  You know it is true.
    I actually don't want ND to be bad.  I know we feel similarly on this.   Way better to have SC and ND be awesome  when  they face off

95% of america hates both those teams.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Wobbie said:
    Ha!
    I honestly didn't understand the line being 20.5 based on the lackluster offense week 1. But I surely did not see a thorough ass kicking either. 

So in 3 games, Marcus Freeman has a historic blown lead in a NY 6 bowl game. A very tough fought loss in which ND spent half the game as the better team over the #3 team in the nation. And suffered a complete ass kicking against a Sun-Belt team while making his home debut. 

YIKES!
    I actually don't want ND to be bad.  I know we feel similarly on this.   Way better to have SC and ND be awesome  when  they face off

You're not wrong about this, generally speaking. But I really do think that this year is (was now that they are 0-2) and outlier. I think a whole lot less people hated ND since Brian Kelly skipped town. It seemed like the CFB world, by in large, was kind of rallying around Coach Freeman and the team. Maybe to stick it to the pompous arrogant fuck that now resides in Baton Rouge. Maybe because they simply like Freeman and what he seems to stand for so far. Maybe just because they thought it was time a new team stepped up to challenge the 4 dominant teams (Bama, UGA, Clemson and Ohio State) over the past 6 or 7 years.

I'm not sure what it was, but from January until last Saturday, there was a lot of love being thrown towards Notre Dame.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:
    Ha!

YIKES!

Disagree.  Think it is more like 69%

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Wobbie said:
    Ha!

YIKES!

Disagree.  Think it is more like 69%

Strangely, I actually like USC.  Probably because I like Cali so much.  Hate Notre Dame.  Cleveland was full of what we called "gutter alumni".  So many Irish fans, it's obnoxious. In the world of Catholics vs Convicts, I was decidedly pro-Convict. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I stopped calling it Cali after being mocked every time I said that my first week at USC.  :lol:  
    Kinda like San Fran.  
    People who live there seem to hate that abbreviation. 

Wobbie said:
    Ha!

YIKES!

You're not wrong about this, generally speaking. But I really do think that this year is (was now that they are 0-2) and outlier. I think a whole lot less people hated ND since Brian Kelly skipped town. It seemed like the CFB world, by in large, was kind of rallying around Coach Freeman and the team. Maybe to stick it to the pompous arrogant fuck that now resides in Baton Rouge. Maybe because they simply like Freeman and what he seems to stand for so far. Maybe just because they thought it was time a new team stepped up to challenge the 4 dominant teams (Bama, UGA, Clemson and Ohio State) over the past 6 or 7 years.

I'm not sure what it was, but from January until last Saturday, there was a lot of love being thrown towards Notre Dame.
    and you’re not wrong about brian kelly. “pompous arrogant fuck” is a good description. he makes saban almost likeable.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Ha!

YIKES!

and you’re not wrong about brian kelly. “pompous arrogant fuck” is a good description. he makes saban almost likeable.
    :rofl:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Ha!

YIKES!

Saban at least seems to be liked by his former players. He also wins big. Kelly seems to be disliked by everyone and wins just enough to get away with it.  
    smile6680 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Ha!

YIKES!

Saban at least seems to be liked by his former players. He also wins big. Kelly seems to be disliked by everyone and wins just enough to get away with it.  
    You will find literally zero arguments from anyone on this.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I've watch three games that have each taken over 4 hours to play.  No OT in any of the games.  We need some type of AI to officiate these things.  Humans are not capable apparently.
  • West Virginia vs Virginia tech tonight. A decent rivalry and hopefully a WVU win. 

I went last year, and it turned into a nail biter. WVU held on for the win.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Just read that UMass is holding Pride Day when they host Liberty on Oct 8th. Liberty will probably win, but that's a great troll job by UMass lol.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    Horns down.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Stephen F Austin routs NAIAs Warner 98-0 scores 13 TDs takes knee on  final 2-point conversion - alcom
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Was the other team the piñatas?
    Just read that UMass is holding Pride Day when they host Liberty on Oct 8th. Liberty will probably win, but that's a great troll job by UMass lol.
    that IS great. fuck liberty.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    today is the only day I will pull for ND.

for today, go irish!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    and brian kelly is getting his ass handed to him! :triumph:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    today is the only day I will pull for ND.

for today, go irish!
    You can't undo it. You've officially rooted for the Irish. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    How bout them Dawgs!

UGA is now 24-1 over their previous 25 games.  Best 25 game stretch in school history. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Bye Bye Bama! That was some game against Tennessee

Also not sure how Penn State gave up over 400 yards in rushing, that was pretty sad for them.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    USC's shitball defense finally cost them
    Officiating was awful (which is pretty much a constant in Pac12) but giving up 43 points is garbage.
    Could say the same for Tennessee,  but that was against Bama, so gotta give them props for finally beating them

USC's shitball defense finally cost them
    Officiating was awful (which is pretty much a constant in Pac12) but giving up 43 points is garbage.
    Could say the same for Tennessee,  but that was against Bama, so gotta give them props for finally beating them

I'd go the other way and say that Alabama showed it's not really a contender with that defensive performance.  The reality is that you have to be top 10-15 in both D and O to have a real shot at the championship.  Alabama does not have that defense this year.  I never really thought TN did.  I think Georgia exposes them when they play, but we shall see. 
    edited October 2022
    Agree overall that having a good D should be a key component to a championship team, but if you are good enough to win all games you still can be a champ.  I'm sure the the SEC-over-everyone group will still say Bama is deserving

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Bye Bye Bama! That was some game against Tennessee

Also not sure how Penn State gave up over 400 yards in rushing, that was pretty sad for them.

UT goalposts ended up in the river. Everyone in TN should send Sabam a “thank you” card for his time mis-management at the end.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    I wouldn't count Bama out yet. They still control their destiny. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JojoRice said:
    That they do.  If they win out, they're in.  But they need to really get better on defense to compete for the title.  I expect Georgia to beat them in the SEC title game,  eliminating them. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited October 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    JojoRice said:
    That they do.  If they win out, they're in.  But they need to really get better on defense to compete for the title.  I expect Georgia to beat them in the SEC title game,  eliminating them. 
    I heard the commentators say the same thing. But I don’t see how they make the top 4 with Georgia, UT, Michigan, Clemson and Ohio still undefeated unless 2 of those teams lose a game.

Juat looked up the schedules. I knew Ohio and Michigan played, didn’t know UT and Georgia did. So there will be at least 2 losses in these top 5 teams.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    this team is not undefeated nor number
    er 2 in the nation.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14