• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    RIP thread
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    RIP thread
    He could be your next manager 
    I miss igotid88
    Struck out 18 times yesterday in 10 innings. Already got 3 in the first. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    RIP thread

What would you do then? We can't have two Phils threads. That would be INSANE
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    RIP thread

The Philly thread is too confusing. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Looks like there will be a strikeout record tonight. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    No record but 33 times in the last 18 innings. But fortunately a grand slam has given them the lead. If they had hit more homeruns what a difference it would have made this season
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    No record but 33 times in the last 18 innings. But fortunately a grand slam has given them the lead. If they had hit more homeruns what a difference it would have made this season
    if frogs had wings….
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    RIP thread

The Philly thread is too confusing. 
    We like it that way. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    if frogs had wings….
    Yeah man...if only they hit more runs and outscored their opponents, they'd likely be in the playoff hunt.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    if frogs had wings….
    Yeah man...if only they hit more runs and outscored their opponents, they'd likely be in the playoff hunt.
    The point is they don't hit homers. And hrs win ballgames most of the time
    I miss igotid88
    22-39 in games decided by 1 run 
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    igotid88 said:
    bad managing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    bad managing.
    No
    I miss igotid88
    Not only did most of their starting pitching take a step back. They got injured most of the season. Get back and injured again.
    I miss igotid88
    edited October 2022
    Would be nice if they can get to 70 wins. But with the Braves coming up it won't happen 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    23-39
    I miss igotid88
    Given that 90% of the Marlins players underperformed this year and the record is similar to last year. Great job Mattingly.
    Next manager will probably have Jazz the full season. An improved Lopez, Rogers, Luzardo, and Cabrera. Most likely better free agent signings.
    I miss igotid88
    Looks like it will be another 1 run loss
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    They survived. 23-39
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Thank you from the Phillies
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Now they decide to play well
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    They survived. 23-39
    23-40
    I miss igotid88
    Mattingly wins his final game as Marlins manager 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Given that 90% of the Marlins players underperformed this year and the record is similar to last year. Great job Mattingly.
    Next manager will probably have Jazz the full season. An improved Lopez, Rogers, Luzardo, and Cabrera. Most likely better free agent signings.
    Manager gets a "great job" because his players did not play to their potential? Interesting way of looking at it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    Manager gets a "great job" because his players did not play to their potential? Interesting way of looking at it!
    Record could have been worse. It's not like he told them to suck at baseball 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    The good managers or coaches are the ones who are able to get the most out of their players though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited October 2022
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    The good managers or coaches are the ones who are able to get the most out of their players though. 
    They can only encourage them. I don't think he was awful to the players. He gave them many chances. He got the best out of Sandy. He got the best out of Stanton when he was here. Was able to get an MVP and possible CY Young.  
    You're telling me Matt Carpenter was having the best season of his career because of Boone? He just got here and started hitting. Had nothing to do with Boone. 
    I also think the Phillies would have ended up with a similar record had Girardi stayed. You guys have good players that would have eventually played better. Even though they hated him
    Very rarely can you get a bad team to win above .500. Maybe more back before analytics. But if you noticed all these managers that went from good teams to bad teams. Couldn't make those bad teams better. Hinch from Houston to Detroit, Maddon from the Cubs to the Angels. 

The Marlins are also rebuilding. It usually takes between 4-6 years. Like the Astros and Cubs for example to start winning again. They thought this was the year. But injuries and bad signings prevented that. You had 2 starting pitchers who took steps back. They had no depth.

They have a chance to get to 80 wins next year if they played to the back of their baseball cards.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    They can only encourage them. I don't think he was awful to the players. He gave them many chances. He got the best out of Sandy. He got the best out of Stanton when he was here. Was able to get an MVP and possible CY Young.  
    You're telling me Matt Carpenter was having the best season of his career because of Boone? He just got here and started hitting. Had nothing to do with Boone. 
    I also think the Phillies would have ended up with a similar record had Girardi stayed. You guys have good players that would have eventually played better. Even though they hated him
    Very rarely can you get a bad team to win above .500. Maybe more back before analytics. But if you noticed all these managers that went from good teams to bad teams. Couldn't make those bad teams better. Hinch from Houston to Detroit, Maddon from the Cubs to the Angels. 

The Marlins are also rebuilding. It usually takes between 4-6 years. Like the Astros and Cubs for example to start winning again. They thought this was the year. But injuries and bad signings prevented that. You had 2 starting pitchers who took steps back. They had no depth.

They have a chance to get to 80 wins next year if they played to the back of their baseball cards.
    Girardi sucks. No way they would have made the playoffs if he didn't get fired. It was a lot of the young guys who stepped up this year that helped them and Girardi was notorious for not trusting young players. Plus he was too stiff and the players didn't really like him. Things loosened up a lot after he was let go and the results speak for themselves.

I have always liked Mattingly since I was a kid, but saying he did a great job this year when his players underachieved does not make any sense to me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    You want him to cattle prod them? 
    I miss igotid88