Options

Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,678
    vant0037 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    92% tear of the achilles? fuck me. dude just wants to walk again.

but it also sounds as if they are once again a band with intentions on continuing?  anyone feel that too?
    Sort of the opposite actually.  For a band who has in its history a breakup due to a “complete breakdown of our decision making process,” the word “reconciling” sticks out like a sore thumb. Also the phrasing “I have made the decision…”

Sad for sure, but I don’t read this is a “we wish we could be back together” statement. 

That said, I also get why they didn’t put everything into a holding pattern.  I could see them touring again like this, but I don’t think they’re doing anything as a band besides that anymore. 

are suggesting its supposed to be the bands decision for his health? reads that way
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    Poncier said:
    I have a sad feeling that this is it for Rage. Hope I'm wrong.
    Same. I flew up to Chicago to see them thankfully and was at the show where Zack got hurt. 

so its your fault.....
    No, Stone was going to attend this one.  It's his fault...
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,071
    mickeyrat said:
    vant0037 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    92% tear of the achilles? fuck me. dude just wants to walk again.

but it also sounds as if they are once again a band with intentions on continuing?  anyone feel that too?
    Sort of the opposite actually.  For a band who has in its history a breakup due to a “complete breakdown of our decision making process,” the word “reconciling” sticks out like a sore thumb. Also the phrasing “I have made the decision…”

Sad for sure, but I don’t read this is a “we wish we could be back together” statement. 

That said, I also get why they didn’t put everything into a holding pattern.  I could see them touring again like this, but I don’t think they’re doing anything as a band besides that anymore. 

are suggesting its supposed to be the bands decision for his health? reads that way
    I’m not suggesting anything other than I don’t think this statement means anything other than it says: the tour is cancelled and he’s bummed.  For a band to be functioning to the point where they may be formally getting back together or releasing new music, statements about reconciling or one person unilaterally cancelling a tour - understandably! - just don’t point toward an optimistic view of the group.  That’s all.  Hope they tour again, I think they still could, especially in what will be a weird election cycle in 2024.  But this group has always been crazy talented and somewhat acrimonious with one another.  Not sure I see this statement as an indication that either of those things have changed, given the wording of certain phrases.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,281
    Anyone else still waiting for their concert refund?
  • Options
    mr bungle said:

I show pending on that account.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mr bungle said:

I show pending on that account.

have been refunded in full.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    I have to bump this thread. I was going through some videos from that msg run and holy shit. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Such a shame it had to be cut short because of Zach’s injury. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to bump this thread. I was going through some videos from that msg run and holy shit. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Such a shame it had to be cut short because of Zach’s injury. 

saw them in Cleveland earlyish in the tour. then was supposed to see the Detroit 2 to close out the tour. even seated Zach brought so much energy and the crowd was insane. easily top one or two for me.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,931
    There was a documentary on yesterday about the former Swedish music festival Hultsfred. And they aired some archive footage from the 1997 festival - showed some songs from Wu-Tang Clan, Rammstein, The Prodigy and RATM. Pretty cool.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

saw them in Cleveland earlyish in the tour. then was supposed to see the Detroit 2 to close out the tour. even seated Zach brought so much energy and the crowd was insane. easily top one or two for me.
    I mean, I think most of us have seen some absolutely incredible shows. The consensus from most people I hear from is it was a top show , which says a lot. I really feel extremely lucky to have witnessed it.  
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 580
    nicknyr15 said:
    I was at the show where he actually got hurt and they didn’t cut it short. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,947
    ZoSoTim said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I was at the show where he actually got hurt and they didn’t cut it short. 
    The tour was cut short though...they were supposed to have several more dates

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:
    Saw them twice on that MSG run.  I believe we got two different songs from one night to the next but the energy was there.  

They still seemed fresh with the songs.  I guess when you don't play them year after year they still have that punch.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I saw them in Buffalo post-injury.  It was fantastic. Would go again in a heartbeat
  • Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    That has to parody. Right? Please tell me that’s parody. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I honestly can't tell. a lot of his tweets are obviously jokes. but he's got tens of thousands of followers, and his bio doesn't claim to be parody, and lists the congressman's website, etc. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I think it's the real guy. he wrote a book called "Detective Jesus: Thou Shall Not Kill". it's about jesus being a cop in chicago. :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    this the real horrendously photoshopped cover:

Book cover
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    It's a parody account.
  • Options
    looked closer, no grey check.....

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

This is more or less where I’m at at this point…. Idk about the humiliation fetish, but I do think people who claim to have just found out what Rage is all about is definitely contrived or part of some bit. 

To what end, I’m sure I don’t know, but it strains credulity all the same. 
  • Options

This is more or less where I’m at at this point…. Idk about the humiliation fetish, but I do think people who claim to have just found out what Rage is all about is definitely contrived or part of some bit. 

I will tell you this, I just found out that MF Doom and Zeb Love X are the same person.  They were in my wheelhouse but never really dove into them and then I read a tweet.

Mindblown. 

So there might be people that dabbled w RATM but never dove into them.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

I will tell you this, I just found out that MF Doom and Zeb Love X are the same person.  They were in my wheelhouse but never really dove into them and then I read a tweet.

Mindblown. 

Sure, I have no doubt people like that exist, but still in all... so many people pretending to be pundits are nothing more than performance artists with an emphasis on performance (Tim Pool & Clay Travis for example). They're out there for no other reason but to get reactions regardless of whether they're positive or negative. 

I'm hard pressed to take it at face value / assume it's honest. These people live on the internet, not under rocks.
  • Options

Mindblown. 

Sure, I have no doubt people like that exist, but still in all... so many people pretending to be pundits are nothing more than performance artists with an emphasis on performance (Tim Pool & Clay Travis for example). They're out there for no other reason but to get reactions regardless of whether they're positive or negative. 

I'm hard pressed to take it at face value / assume it's honest. These people live on the internet, not under rocks.
    I get it.  RATM are more well known than MFdoom was also.
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    Some of the best concerts I ever seen.

Unreal. 
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options

• Options
    JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Options
    FML. So glad I flew up for the Chicago show in July 2022. That was the show where Zach was injured.  
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,520
    That's how they announce they're done touring, from the drummer's instagram page? What a bummer all around.