Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    So something else I noticed was the same outfits and the filming.  I am pretty sure we see footage or a live album in the future.
    Definitely need a live album. The mix on Grand Olympic Auditorium from 2000 totally sucks (though the mix on the accompanying DVD is better). On the other hand, Finsbury Park 2010 sounds perfect. But other than those, the live b-sides that appear on "Live and Rare," a few soundboards, and The Battle of Mexico City, there's not enough live Rage out there. So give me some more. 
    Woodstock 99?
    I was filing that under "a few soundboards."
    I picked up this boot way back in 94.  It's the pinkpop soundboard.  Is this around?  If not, I'm happy to share. I don't think the bootleggers at KTS can sue me for infringement.  

https://www.discogs.com/release/4453338-Rage-Against-The-Machine-Bullet-Proof

1Reaction 1051:38
    2Tire Me3:18
    3Killing In The Name5:54
    4Know Your Enemy5:48
    5Producer/Fall From The Grace Of The People6:53
    6Township Rebellion5:10
    7Freedom6:45
    8Fistful Of Steel5:34

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
      mrussel1 said:
      So something else I noticed was the same outfits and the filming.  I am pretty sure we see footage or a live album in the future.
      Definitely need a live album. The mix on Grand Olympic Auditorium from 2000 totally sucks (though the mix on the accompanying DVD is better). On the other hand, Finsbury Park 2010 sounds perfect. But other than those, the live b-sides that appear on "Live and Rare," a few soundboards, and The Battle of Mexico City, there's not enough live Rage out there. So give me some more. 
      Woodstock 99?
      I picked up this boot way back in 94.  It's the pinkpop soundboard.  Is this around?  If not, I'm happy to share. I don't think the bootleggers at KTS can sue me for infringement.  

https://www.discogs.com/release/4453338-Rage-Against-The-Machine-Bullet-Proof

1Reaction 1051:38
      2Tire Me3:18
      3Killing In The Name5:54
      4Know Your Enemy5:48
      5Producer/Fall From The Grace Of The People6:53
      6Township Rebellion5:10
      7Freedom6:45
      8Fistful Of Steel5:34

Yeah this is another of the known soundboards I was referring to. There's a few from '96 as well. 
        2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
        http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
      • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
        Woodstock 99?
        Yeah, that might be the best one.  Nothing from lolapalooza days, which I bet was insane back then.
      • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
        Woodstock 99?
        Yeah, that might be the best one.  Nothing from lolapalooza days, which I bet was insane back then.
        Another one from 1999 that's good is the Triple J Impossible Music Festival. I prefer it to Woodstock just because it has more Battle of LA songs. I think Woodstock only has Born of a Broken Man because the album hadn't come out yet. 
        2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
        http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
      • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
        mickeyrat said:
        going with 1.5 to 2 million from the msg run......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
        you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
        memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
        another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
      • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
        May be an image of text

Awful luck. Was going to head to the Detroit shows next year too. Hopefully he can recover and get back on the road in 2024. 
      • PJNB said:
        May be an image of text

Awful luck. Was going to head to the Detroit shows next year too. Hopefully he can recover and get back on the road in 2024. 
        Saw this coming.  I was shocked he did the tour at all.
      • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
        I feel so fortunate to have caught them. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. What a shame. 
      • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
        Super bummed.  I would of been ok with them deferring it another year to see if he could heal.  I'd rather have that, than the alternative of maybe never getting the change to see the show.  Pretty bummed :(
      • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
        I have a sad feeling that this is it for Rage. Hope I'm wrong.
        This weekend we rock Portland
      • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
        FAAAAAAAAAACK
        Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
        Motherfucker!
        This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
        92% tear of the achilles? fuck me. dude just wants to walk again.

but it also sounds as if they are once again a band with intentions on continuing?  anyone feel that too?
        _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
        you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
        memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
        another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
      • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
        UGH
        I LOVE MUSIC.
        www.cluthelee.com
        www.cluthe.com
      • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
        mickeyrat said:

but it also sounds as if they are once again a band with intentions on continuing?  anyone feel that too?
        I would say so. Hopefully a new album soon.
        Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
        2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
        2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
        2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
        2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
        2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
      • mickeyrat said:

He says that in that letter.  That is promising.

mickeyrat said:

I would say so. Hopefully a new album soon.
        I wonder about this though.  Zach hasn't written much content musically in almost 20 years.
      • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
        Well, he'll have a lot of time to sit and write.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
        The reconciling comment is odd. Wonder what the issues were.

• ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 544
        Poncier said:
        Same. I flew up to Chicago to see them thankfully and was at the show where Zack got hurt. 
        Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
        Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
        Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
        Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
        Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
        ZoSoTim said:
        Poncier said:
        Same. I flew up to Chicago to see them thankfully and was at the show where Zack got hurt. 

so its your fault.....

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
        Poncier said:
        I hope your wrong also!..  The injury impacts his ability to perform the way he want to perform.  Not his relationship with the band, or his desire to continue whatever direction they were headed either in the studio or in their personal relationships.  I get the impression that RAGE is in a good place and this just delays the live shows even longer.
      • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
        so maybe Wilk as Foo drummer isn't so far fetched now
        Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
        edited October 2022
        If he had an almost total rupture of his achilles, it should have been surgically repaired within 2 weeks of injury, no questions asked.  Not sure if that was ever disclosed or not.  

The only time we dont repair achilles tendon ruptures is if the patient is older and has other medical issues going on.  If he had an almost total rupture that wasn't repaired, then yeah, not a great long term prognosis and not sure why anyone would have advised him against doing so.... which is sad, because relative to most things, repairing an achilles takes all of about 45 minutes and has generally great outcomes 6+ months down the road with some PT.  

The 8% comment is strange as hell too.  MRI and ultrasound combined can't give you a quantifiable "% torn" to that precise of a number.  Usually would say something like 50%, 25% etc..... 
        Post edited by Weston1283 on
        2010: Cleveland
        2012: Atlanta
        2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
        2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
        2015: New York City
        2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
        2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
        2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
        2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
        2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
        2023: St. Paul II
        edited October 2022
        If he had an almost total rupture of his achilles, it should have been surgically repaired within 2 weeks of injury, no questions asked.  Not sure if that was ever disclosed or not.  

The only time we dont repair achilles tendon ruptures is if the patient is older and has other medical issues going on.  If he had an almost total rupture that wasn't repaired, then yeah, not a great long term prognosis and not sure why anyone would have advised him against doing so.... which is sad, because relative to most things, repairing an achilles takes all of about 45 minutes and has generally great outcomes 6+ months down the road with some PT.  

The 8% comment is strange as hell too.  MRI and ultrasound combined can't give you a quantifiable "% torn" to that precise of a number.  Usually would say something like 50%, 25% etc..... 

with the way he was moving while seated, is it possible to have torn it more or fucked up a repair while in the boot?
        and what would pt look like and could it fit in with a tour schedule?

Post edited by mickeyrat on

edited October 2022
        mickeyrat said:

with the way he was moving while seated, is it possible to have torn it more or fucked up a repair while in the boot?
        I haven't been following the tour or seen much footage, but yeah, its not like its incredibly fragile most of the time, but not something you want to be stomping up and down even in a boot.  Usually after a repair, I tell people at least 6-8 weeks of complete and total non weight bearing, and thats at a minimum.  It's definitely possible to rip all of the sutures and "re-rupture" the tendon if you're putting weight on it right after surgery.

If he was on stage, stomping on it and what not, then my guess is they tried to let it heal conservatively and "scar down."  If I ever tear my achilles, I cant imagine a scenario where I wouldn't want surgery, especially with an almost complete rupture.  
        Post edited by Weston1283 on
        2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
        2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
        2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
        2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
        edited October 2022
        mickeyrat said:

I haven't been following the tour or seen much footage, but yeah, its not like its incredibly fragile most of the time, but not something you want to be stomping up and down even in a boot.  Usually after a repair, I tell people at least 6-8 weeks of complete and total non weight bearing, and thats at a minimum.  It's definitely possible to rip all of the sutures and "re-rupture" the tendon if you're putting weight on it right after surgery.

If he was on stage, stomping on it and what not, then my guess is they tried to let it heal conservatively and "scar down."  If I ever tear my achilles, I cant imagine a scenario where I wouldn't want surgery, especially with an almost complete rupture.  

so he was seated the whole time from first show after initial injury to the final show at MSG BUT bringing such energy still he was lifting that leg often enough he may brought it down hard.

it happened the first of two shows in Chicago. no days in between. right back at it for night 2 from a roadcase seat.

btw it happened the second show of the tour...... didnt miss a date.

mickeyrat said:
        mickeyrat said:

so he was seated the whole time from first show after initial injury to the final show at MSG BUT bringing such energy still he was lifting that leg often enough he may brought it down hard.

it happened the first of two shows in Chicago. no days in between. right back at it for night 2 from a roadcase seat.

My guess then is no surgery, and now 3 months later is dealing with the consequences of that.  Probably has minimal function of that ankle.  With how much scar tissue that has likely developed, repair and surgery is exponentially more difficult now with a longer recovery and less positive of an outcome.  

This is all just based on my experiences btw.  I am sure he has consulted with the highest of specialists much more experienced than I who have advised him to the best of their ability.
        mickeyrat said:
        mickeyrat said:

My guess then is no surgery, and now 3 months later is dealing with the consequences of that.  Probably has minimal function of that ankle.  With how much scar tissue that has likely developed, repair and surgery is exponentially more difficult now with a longer recovery and less positive of an outcome.  

This is all just based on my experiences btw.  I am sure he has consulted with the highest of specialists much more experienced than I who have advised him to the best of their ability.

no doubt.

appreciate your insight.

• vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
        mickeyrat said:

Sort of the opposite actually.  For a band who has in its history a breakup due to a “complete breakdown of our decision making process,” the word “reconciling” sticks out like a sore thumb. Also the phrasing “I have made the decision…”

Sad for sure, but I don’t read this is a “we wish we could be back together” statement. 

That said, I also get why they didn’t put everything into a holding pattern.  I could see them touring again like this, but I don’t think they’re doing anything as a band besides that anymore. 
        1998-06-30 Minneapolis
        2003-06-16 St. Paul
        2006-06-26 St. Paul
        2007-08-05 Chicago
        2009-08-23 Chicago
        2009-08-28 San Francisco
        2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
        2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
        2011-09-03 PJ20
        2011-09-04 PJ20
        2011-09-17 Winnipeg
        2012-06-26 Amsterdam