Options

so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    So I will be trying Delco Steaks tonight finally....but the one in Audubon because it's closer. I hope it's the same quality. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,422
    So I will be trying Delco Steaks tonight finally....but the one in Audubon because it's closer. I hope it's the same quality. 
    Last time I asked for chopped up cherry peppers and they stuck one of the stems in there - that was a nasty surprise. Left a figurative and literal bad taste in my mouth.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
    There isn't necessarily a bad cheeseteak in the Delaware Valley, but there are tiers. And the highest tier, the GOAT tier, imo has only two names: John's, and the other being Cosmi's. 

• Options
    edited December 2022

Never disappoints.

Although, I've never understand why John's doesn't have rabe though. Does anyone know the reasoning behind that?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    He doesn't like it, he's a spinach greens guy.
  • Options
    He doesn't like it, he's a spinach greens guy.
    Yeah I went there last week after a meeting and started to say rabe and caught myself and said spinach. Tuesday afternoon and I walked in and walked right up to the counter.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    rabe > spinach

Give the people what they want, John. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rabe > spinach

Give the people what they want, John. 
    Your opinion is wildly incorrect.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    Last time I went to John’s they gave me an Amoroso roll instead of the seeded ones they usually get delivered daily. That photo you posted kind of looks like an Amoroso roll as well, can you confirm or deny? They would fall very far on my cheesesteak list if they made a permanent change. 
  • Options
    JRP uses Carangi's or Sarcone's without a doubt. Did Juggs not get a large, but the small? That might have something to do with it.
  • Options
    I don't think it was Amoroso. The wife got a cheesesteak with a seeded roll. We got there about a half hour before closing. Maybe that had something to do with it?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I meant to say that I also was there just before closing last time. That was my theory, that they just ran out, so you were probably in the same boat.
  • Options
    Hoagies from Dan’s Fresh Meats in Fishtown. 

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,426
    Has anyone been to Steve's Prince of Steaks? If so: good? bad?
  • Options
    cutz said:
    They don't chop the meat up at that place so I know a lot of people are not fans for that reason.

I haven't been there in maybe 20 years but almost stopped last week after going to that Top Golf place that's nearby. I bet that will be good for their business. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,426
    cutz said:
    They don't chop the meat up at that place so I know a lot of people are not fans for that reason.

I haven't been there in maybe 20 years but almost stopped last week after going to that Top Golf place that's nearby. I bet that will be good for their business. 
    Man, Its has to be chopped for me. Slab of steak doesn't cut it. But, I MAY try it anyway if I'm in the Area(Friday for a HS Basketball game)

Thanks for the Info.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Steve’s is my fiancée’s favorite cheesesteak and I like it a lot too. They have a liquified American cheese sauce that’s amazing. Their bread is also super soft so they seem to just like being different. 
  • Options
    Tony Ronis does that liquefied American mozzarella whatever cheese thing. With carmelized onions. It’s called The Vet. Pretty tasty. 

• Options
    I may have dropped this place in here before, but by god his sandwiches look amazing. I was on the fence about Human Robot for a variety of reasons, but this dude looks like he makes it completely worth going. If anybody's been let me know how it was.

https://www.instagram.com/poessandwichjoint/
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    RiotZact said:
    Steve’s is my fiancée’s favorite cheesesteak and I like it a lot too. They have a liquified American cheese sauce that’s amazing. Their bread is also super soft so they seem to just like being different. 
    costco sells the american cheese dip with jalapeno....very good
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    the only good philly in SLC…..but it IS good.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    You had me until Fieri
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    You had me until Fieri
    We need a "like" feature in here.

"like"

Looks decent for Utah.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    You had me until Fieri
    Guy seems to be a polarizing figure…me? I’d love to hang out with the dude.

actually, I easily could have in Vegas, before he was famous. his favorite late night bar food was found at a joint I used to sometimes frequent. stromboli at the four kegs (strip mall bar).
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Wobbie said:
    You had me until Fieri
    Guy seems to be a polarizing figure…me? I’d love to hang out with the dude.

actually, I easily could have in Vegas, before he was famous. his favorite late night bar food was found at a joint I used to sometimes frequent. stromboli at the four kegs (strip mall bar).
    That was probably before he was lord of the douches.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I may have dropped this place in here before, but by god his sandwiches look amazing. I was on the fence about Human Robot for a variety of reasons, but this dude looks like he makes it completely worth going. If anybody's been let me know how it was.

https://www.instagram.com/poessandwichjoint/
    Sweet fancy moses. Not sure how I missed this. Yeah that looks amazing
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jeez. Even the comedians Conan had on after he went to TBS were not funny. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Jeez. Even the comedians Conan had on after he went to TBS were not funny. 
    Now waaaait a minute, are you saying the comedians he had on NBC were not funny?

Related - I said fuck it and ordered that sandwich to be delivered by Poe's. Will report back when it is devoured.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options

Ohhhhh boy that was good.