Random act of kindness in OKC !

BobbyclarkgriswoldBobbyclarkgriswold TULSA OK Posts: 5
edited September 2022 in The Porch
(INSPIRING 😭)
My first PJ concert after being a fan for 30 years!!! 
Met the kindest soul sitting beside me at the OKC concert. We struck it off like we had been friends for years. Talking all things #pearljam and what their songs meant to us. I mentioned to him I had already stood in line for 1/2 hour and opted for the  local OKC Tour Tshirt  and I should of gotten the other also  which read”never give up”. we talked about that shirt and how much depth and meaning it had for both of us. He gets up half way through the concert and is gone for a while and returns back and hands me that  tshirt  and says,”it’s your first #pearljam concert and it has to be special “ 
I was blown away, It actually made me cry! We never exchanged names, he said he doesn’t do social media, it was simply a random act of kindness. We will  never meet again but I’ll remember it forever! 
It’s so very shocking and inspiring in todays climate when you experience kindness, Be kind to people, All people! What an inspiration!
and thank you again if you happen to read this!!! 

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    welcome here! lot of great people here
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    this is amazing, and I think a new trend has been started
  • Just don't go on AMT and you should be just fine, lol!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Many great folks like that around here. It's different being a Pearl Jam fan. It just is.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Post of the day
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Great story, thanks for sharing. Cheers to RAKs! Oh, and welcome to the boards, OP
  • regalturboregalturbo Posts: 296
    edited September 2022
    That’s great!  Honestly it’s one of my favorite parts about coming to Pearl Jam shows is all of the great fans. Are you from South Dakota, or the other fan?  Cuz I am, skipped OKC but in Denver now…
  • Good people find good people
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    SuperCoolNice experience op!
    ^I like that concept Rob.  @URthekey just hooked me up with NY Yankees shirt too. Good world when you focus on the nice stuff.
    As Ozzy would say 'I love you all, 'are we having fun or what? Let's go f..king CRAaaaaZzzzYyyyy!'
  • I have a story if anyone will listen that long. Haha
     Seriously  i had a moment in Hyde  park i will never ever forget.  A man ive never met or knew of  came up to me at the end with jeffs sweatband and handed it to me. 
    He is an Australian who isnt on social at all. He had been queuing  all tour with my dear friends and they had been speaking about me in the  queue.
    So Anthony was like a beautiful  angel. 
    I have now got his address and i plan to send him a gift  and a hand written letter like old times.
    Good people are out there.   And  i still believe at pearl jam there  is a very high percentage  of beautiful people. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Awesome post!! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    I have been to alot of shows but never been very close, and in Camden, one of the brothers who were right behind us all day in line handed me a Mike pic in the middle of the show. I burst into tears and kissed him on the cheek. I turned immediately into a 5 year old. Love all you guys.
  • I reckon giving picks to people  behind is one of the best feelings.  When you get more than one. Share . It feels great.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• That’s great!  Honestly it’s one of my favorite parts about coming to Pearl Jam shows is all of the great fans. Are you from South Dakota, or the other fan?  Cuz I am, skipped OKC but in Denver now…
    I’m from Tulsa. I’m the guy on the right ! 
    And you’re right, what a great group of people at the show and on here as well! I just joined yesterday and already feel like family 
  • ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    I love this. An angel gets their wings. For every story like this, 10 adults who exploit their child in GA for a tambourine should get shut out. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II