Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited September 2022
    I missed the important bit in all this. April 2023.
    7 months out for a preorder seems a bit excessive. Just announce it in January then. It’s going to sell out pretty quick regardless 

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Passing on a $225 album...
    edited September 2022
    Passing on a $225 album...
    You would think this (the AIC box set) etc would put the AP UHQR price complaints in perspective.

you are paying for 33rpm, who knows who pressed it or mastered it, what source, standard vinyl for a lot more money 

I fail to see how it’s remotely in the same league of excess as these crazy prices for what is a fairly normal and probably non audiophile box set 
  • I like the new song 
  • I heard the one on Apple Music. It’s good

where are the other 2? People seem to say are available 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    I like the new song 
    Yeah, it's pretty good.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Cropduster-80 said:
    I heard the one on Apple Music. It’s good

where are the other 2? People seem to say are available 
    The other two are on the thirty-three podcast that Corgan is doing. He's releasing one every week with a song from the album.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Poncier said:
    I like the new song 
    Yeah, it's pretty good.

for the people who haven't heard it yet (like me) here it is

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • what a ridiculous video. Happy I cut this band loose in 2000. Keep my happy memories.

• Poncier said:
    I like the new song 
    Yeah, it's pretty good.

for the people who haven't heard it yet (like me) here it is

Isn't that opening riff a Metallica song?
  • I like the song less after seeing the video. It definitely doesn’t add to it 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Retail versions up for preorder. Its around £75 here in the UK. I can live without the extra stuff. Still expensive but might come down in price on Amazon etc.
  • FR181798 said:
    Retail versions up for preorder. It’s around £75 here in the UK. I can live without the extra stuff. Still expensive but might come down in price on Amazon etc.
    Local indie preorder here $85.98
    regular and indie editions same price. The super deluxe autograph says no colored vinyl except that edition so no idea what these 2 versions have different. Says “exclusive insert” whatever that means 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Love the song! Would love a Beavis and Butthead take down of the video though. Haha! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Song is okay. Probably the best I've heard out of the 3 so far. For me though it's not noticeably better than a lot of other stuff they've done in the past 20 years. Didnt dislike it or anything. Billing it as a sequel to Mellon Collie and Machina is probably not going to do it any favours. What's everyone's thoughts on the album artwork? For me an album of this magnitude and with so many expectations should also have a fantastic sleeve, something that almost tells a story itself and can be stared at for hours.
    edited September 2022
    At least the album art doesn’t share the color palette of the video 

other than it being a little plain  it’s fine. I don’t dislike it at all 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    that video is preposterous. it will do exactly what it's meant to; get people talking about it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Not sure about the other two songs. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    that video is preposterous. it will do exactly what it's meant to; get people talking about it. 
    It was indeed.
    Ordered the UK limited to 1000 coloured vinyl version just to secure it. Made sure I ordered from somewhere I can easily cancel from and who won't charge until April 2023. Numbers are so low of all versions it seems unlikely this will drop in price but who knows. 
  • FR181798 said:
    Ordered the UK limited to 1000 coloured vinyl version just to secure it. Made sure I ordered from somewhere I can easily cancel from and who won't charge until April 2023. Numbers are so low of all versions it seems unlikely this will drop in price but who knows. 
    Now I’m confused

autographed version:
    • This is the only colored edition of 'ATUM' that will be offered 

FR181798 said:
    Now I’m confused

autographed version:

They probably can get away with that because the boxset on Zuzus is slightly different with all the extra bits. The one I ordered is the UK indie store version with just the 4 LPs.
    edited September 2022
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Now I’m confused

autographed version:

They probably can get away with that because the boxset on Zuzus is slightly different with all the extra bits. The one I ordered is the UK indie store version with just the 4 LPs.
    The us indie store version is black with an “exclusive insert” (I think)

in any case it’s hard to keep track of all the variants. I assume if you bought the autographed version you did so for the autographs not so you could be the only one with colored vinyl. Still kind of shady though 

and if it’s limited to 1,000 then it’s  more limited than both the expensive sets 
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Now I’m confused

autographed version:

in any case it’s hard to keep track of all the variants. I assume if you bought the autographed version you did so for the autographs not so you could be the only one with colored vinyl. Still kind of shady though 

and if it’s limited to 1,000 then it’s  more limited than both the expensive sets 
    When the 2 sets came on Zuzus, I thought no way was I buying the autographed set. Looked at the black set but thought imagine still paying that much and not getting the "best" variant of this album. Now we know coloured vinyl isn't always the best for sound quality but that's not really how collectibles work. The UK indie variant was my compromise although if a variant with a more interesting sleeve appeared I'd probably rather that over any other edition.
    edited September 2022
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Now I’m confused

autographed version:

When the 2 sets came on Zuzus, I thought no way was I buying the autographed set. Looked at the black set but thought imagine still paying that much and not getting the "best" variant of this album. Now we know coloured vinyl isn't always the best for sound quality but that's not really how collectibles work. The UK indie variant was my compromise although if a variant with a more interesting sleeve appeared I'd probably rather that over any other edition.
    85 for 4 records isn’t terrible. Kind of like the tool album, expensive but somewhat justifiable.  I’m seeing them in concert in like a week so they are auditioning for what version I end up with 😂

Not that I’m expecting a ton of songs from the album 

Uh, WHOA! No, Butterfly Suite and the other one from the 33 podcast. Empires sounds INSANE!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
    UK coloured variant cancelled apparently. Not going to bother pre ordering this now. If there are copies around in April I might pick it up.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    The upcoming SP/Janes tour is officially on Groupon, lol
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    edited October 2022
    The upcoming SP/Janes tour is officially on Groupon, lol
    For Houston this Monday they closed the upper deck

pretty sure they were available to buy initially. Still a lot of seats left