The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,050
    At some stage I think they will play the new net zero carbon arena in Manchester when it opens, given the environmental message and it being the largest arena in Europe. Manchester are due some more shows. Been 10 years 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    pjhawks said:
    After seeing Camden and Nashville and how on fire these guys are (and how old we are all getting) I sure hope they continue touring and head back out next spring/summer in the US.   Already jonesing for more shows.   
    They have been on fire the end of this leg!! Don’t want to lose the momentum!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • ^ I remember thinking the same thing. Coldplay is gonna sell out Gillette Stadium? No way. Then they did…

I agree, its surprising, but coldplays market is much different than this one. They attract a younger pop oriented crowd who'd jump at the chance to sit in the cumulus stratosphere for 50 bucks.  I'm not sure this audience is on board with that 

I never thought I'd ever say this, but the Cali dates were eye opening. It's possible the promoter took a bit of a hit (yea!). After that, I wouldn't front $ for unproven markets for a stadium advance, but probably LN takes a flier on that risk 

The band should take some well deserved time off and when ready,  do it right. Not these cheesy mini US tours of the past ten years. 
    Outside of Fresno the cali shows sold well. I wasn’t at the shows so can’t speak to the number of no shows though. But overall Fresno was the outlier. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    pjhawks said:
    After seeing Camden and Nashville and how on fire these guys are (and how old we are all getting) I sure hope they continue touring and head back out next spring/summer in the US.   Already jonesing for more shows.   
    They have been on fire the end of this leg!! Don’t want to lose the momentum!
    Totally agree.  I wish they would do a three week tour in October like in 2009.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ^ I remember thinking the same thing. Coldplay is gonna sell out Gillette Stadium? No way. Then they did…
    They had to offer upper deck seats through Groupon for $20 to fill up Met Life Stadium
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,327
    edited September 2022
    kaw753 said:
    Hankj25 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The 2023 tour will be a tour for the next album as the gigaton era and the 25 song sets era concludes.

Bold 2023 rumor we can hope is true!
    Gigaton era being over makes me sad. I feel like they barely toured it, and they were over most of the songs by the time they got to play them live. It’s a great album. I feel like we missed out on what would have been a great, energized album tour in 2020. 
    100% agreed. To each their own and all, but I'm kind of amazed how many folks on here shit talk Gigaton. It's a really solid record, especially for a band 30 years in.

Yeah, I wish I had gotten to hear more of it. Only four songs in two shows - Alright, Who Ever Said, DOTC twice and 7 O'clock twice. Don't really have a feel for any of these songs live yet. 
    The songs that I thought would sound great live (Who Ever Said, Never Destination and SBWM) have disappointed me in listening to all the bootlegs.  Ed has really struggled with the lyrics which throws the songs off too.  I like the album but not much translates to the live stage well. Retrograde sounds good live, but that’s about it.  I knew DOTC would be tough, 
    As someone who went to "several" shows on this tour, Who Ever Said is now my piss and a beer song. It is really not good live.  Quick Escape is a keeper. They seem to have dropped Take The Long Road all together.
    I thought Who Ever Said was the best live of the new songs 🤷‍♂️ To each their own. Sounded great in Nashville anyway. I’m bored of Quick Escape already to he honest 
    I’m with ya on this. I loved Who Ever Said live and am over Quick Escape. Great outro solo but to me the verses and choruses are snoozers. I’m sure others will disagree but art is subjective. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,377
    kaw753 said:
    Hankj25 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The 2023 tour will be a tour for the next album as the gigaton era and the 25 song sets era concludes.

Bold 2023 rumor we can hope is true!
    Gigaton era being over makes me sad. I feel like they barely toured it, and they were over most of the songs by the time they got to play them live. It’s a great album. I feel like we missed out on what would have been a great, energized album tour in 2020. 
    100% agreed. To each their own and all, but I'm kind of amazed how many folks on here shit talk Gigaton. It's a really solid record, especially for a band 30 years in.

Yeah, I wish I had gotten to hear more of it. Only four songs in two shows - Alright, Who Ever Said, DOTC twice and 7 O'clock twice. Don't really have a feel for any of these songs live yet. 
    The songs that I thought would sound great live (Who Ever Said, Never Destination and SBWM) have disappointed me in listening to all the bootlegs.  Ed has really struggled with the lyrics which throws the songs off too.  I like the album but not much translates to the live stage well. Retrograde sounds good live, but that’s about it.  I knew DOTC would be tough, 
    As someone who went to "several" shows on this tour, Who Ever Said is now my piss and a beer song. It is really not good live.  Quick Escape is a keeper. They seem to have dropped Take The Long Road all together.
    I thought Who Ever Said was the best live of the new songs 🤷‍♂️ To each their own. Sounded great in Nashville anyway. I’m bored of Quick Escape already to he honest 
    I’m with ya on this. I loved Who Ever Said live and am over Quick Escape. Great outro solo but to me the verses and choruses are snoozers. I’m sure others will disagree but art is subjective. 
    Agreed. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

They had to offer upper deck seats through Groupon for $20 to fill up Met Life Stadium
    Yeah they are mostly an international band now, but what an insane following outside of America. Sold out 6 nights of Wembley in a row. Doing 10 sold out stadiums in a row in South America, places like that, it’s so wild.
  • exileexile Dublin Posts: 82
    They have to come to Dublin and Manchester next European tour . Hopefully next year ! 
  • Edinburgh would be cool too.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    edited September 2022
    Gateshead is also getting a brand spanking new arena and the one in Newcastle is coming down. Not opening till 2024 though, but should attract bigger acts than what the region currently gets.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jYbxR1i0Ks
    Post edited by matt84 on
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    drfox said:
    Would really like a U.K./European tour next year. Though I’m thinking an EV Earthlings mini tour to Europe is more likely given EV just wants to play live and Jeff hates touring. 

Don’t know why but my instinct is that they may never play Aus/NZ ever again. Makes less economic sense than North America and Europe. 
    Reckon Springsteen will be doing AU/NZ early 2024. Be amazing if PJ toured at the same time.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    finish next album w/ WATT ......tour next spring

I hope
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 613
    Can someone throw something out there solid for next year!?! This show drought of almost 12 hours is getting long now! 
  • Wasnt there rumblings of Portland, Seattle, NW in April/May of 2023? Someone told me that in the merch line in NYC so it has to be true ;)
  • The way Ed was talking last night, I’m not sure if they’re going to play a lot next year, or not play at all for a while 🤣 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    DMB finished their summer tour at the Hollywood Bowl on Tuesday and were in a studio in LA finishing their next album on Wednesday. 

I'm not crazy about Earthling, but I do hope Andrew Watt is able to keep PJ engaged and get this next record done. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    DMB finished their summer tour at the Hollywood Bowl on Tuesday and were in a studio in LA finishing their next album on Wednesday. 
    Tickets for DMB fall tour went on sale this morning! Hopefully we get some PJ news for 2023 soon. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    Tickets for DMB fall tour went on sale this morning! Hopefully we get some PJ news for 2023 soon. 
    I talk about them here a lot but it's only because I'm completely jealous of the way they tour. :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    I talk about them here a lot but it's only because I'm completely jealous of the way they tour. :lol:
    I’m a casual fan and see them once every summer.  But, like you, I'm envious of their hardcore fans with their tour schedules.  

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    ^ I remember thinking the same thing. Coldplay is gonna sell out Gillette Stadium? No way. Then they did…

I agree, its surprising, but coldplays market is much different than this one. They attract a younger pop oriented crowd who'd jump at the chance to sit in the cumulus stratosphere for 50 bucks.  I'm not sure this audience is on board with that 

I never thought I'd ever say this, but the Cali dates were eye opening. It's possible the promoter took a bit of a hit (yea!). After that, I wouldn't front $ for unproven markets for a stadium advance, but probably LN takes a flier on that risk 

The band should take some well deserved time off and when ready,  do it right. Not these cheesy mini US tours of the past ten years. 
    Outside of Fresno the cali shows sold well. I wasn’t at the shows so can’t speak to the number of no shows though. But overall Fresno was the outlier. 

Compared to most other bands, yes it sold  very well, but compared to their rabid fan base in other areas, not so sure. There were tons of available tickets for LA and OAK in the days leading up to the show. Also OTT and QC had many empty sections rear of stage. There are large portions of the US that would have fifty people lined up for each one of those empty seats, but this band doesn’t seem to care about that.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited September 2022
    ^ I remember thinking the same thing. Coldplay is gonna sell out Gillette Stadium? No way. Then they did…

Compared to most other bands, yes it sold  very well, but compared to their rabid fan base in other areas, not so sure. There were tons of available tickets for LA and OAK in the days leading up to the show. Also OTT and QC had many empty sections rear of stage. There are large portions of the US that would have fifty people lined up for each one of those empty seats, but this band doesn’t seem to care about that.
    2027 is the earliest I see PJ playing a non-Ohana show in California.  And that’s probably being generous. 

The added on show in Camden was the largest crowd of the entire tour.  The next tour will be East coast and Midwest.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • The way Ed was talking last night, I’m not sure if they’re going to play a lot next year, or not play at all for a while 🤣 
    What did he say?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    2018 Fenway night 2 Ed said they would not be playing live for awhile and the next time they would be together was in a studio making the new album. It took a year and a half of no tours and finally the new album to come after that last show. Hopefully this time the foreseeable future does mean the same length of time. 
  • For what it's worth Dimi tweeted "Seeya next year" after last night in Denver. I'll hang on to literally any breadcrumb at this point lol
    2013: London
    2016: Ottawa
    2018: Wrigley 1 & 2
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Innings Fest (EV), Ft Worth 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    edited September 2022
    They are going to go scatter, take a break, work on songs, and maybe get a record together. Hopefully they have time booked after the new year to work together. Then they will decide which festivals or ball parks they are going to play (big paydays). Once that is decided, they will book a few dates around them. If they do not have a new record out, it could be a Wrigley/Fenway year. But that is just masturbatory speculation.  =)
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,004
    Love to have some shows in the Midwest again; Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Madison, Dee Moines, Moline
    Yes, please. It's been 12 years since an Indiana show!

But, I'd be fine with something in Ohio as well.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • ddeschler said:
    The way Ed was talking last night, I’m not sure if they’re going to play a lot next year, or not play at all for a while 🤣 
    What did he say?
    Basically that he didn't know when they would be back. It was weird. Usually it's a "We'll see you soon!" but last night it came off kind of odd the way he said it.
  • Habit4me said:
    ddeschler said:
    The way Ed was talking last night, I’m not sure if they’re going to play a lot next year, or not play at all for a while 🤣 
    What did he say?
    Basically that he didn't know when they would be back. It was weird. Usually it's a "We'll see you soon!" but last night it came off kind of odd the way he said it.
    I don’t remember what it was from, but he didn’t even know shows were announced at some point early in the year. Maybe it was an interview or something? I wouldn’t take it as a big deal
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Habit4me said:
    ddeschler said:
    What did he say?
    I don’t remember what it was from, but he didn’t even know shows were announced at some point early in the year. Maybe it was an interview or something? I wouldn’t take it as a big deal
    He also thought they added an extra Canadian show in 2022 to pay for the MSG curfew fine and that Fresno was part of the 2020 lineup (said he did not want to cancel that show since we held tickets for so long or two years can’t remember exactly). 

Hopefully 2023 is eventful for these guys and we do not get another 2019.