SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
Pearl Jam
Bridgestone Arena
Nashville, TN
North American Tour 2022
09/16/22
Show
Set List

Matt Cameron, Mike McCready and Jeff Ament all join Josh Klinghoffer on stage at various points in Josh’s set

PEARL JAM
walk on music Cat Power-The Greatest at 9:03
Band Onstage 9:05
Band Offstage 11:18

01. Nothingman
02. Buckle Up
03. Black
04. Present Tense
05. Last Exit
06. All Night
07. Who Ever Said (13 second tag of I Can’t Get No Satisfaction-Jagger, Richards)
{18 years ago yesterday we lost Johnny Ramone. Ed there with his infant daughter starting her life and Johnny at the end of his. “You don’t have to teach me this lesson.  I know it already.}
08. Corduroy
09. Rats {sings line “Ben the two of us need look no more at outro from Ben-(Black, Sharf)
10. Wishlist (Waiting On A Friend-Jagger, Richards 30 second tag)
11. Even Flow
12. Dance Of The Clairvoyants
{Dedicated to Third Man Records and Easy Street Records}
13. Spin The Black Circle
{Ed points out some young kids in the audience as well as a number of friends.  May you all live forever}
14. Immortality
(They perform this song for the people of Ukraine)
15. River Cross
16. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) 2:30 long
17. Porch

Encore Break

18. Last Kiss-(Cochran) To the back of the arena
19. Go
(Request from a person at their 185th show)
20. Smile
21. Given To Fly
22. Alive (Mike plays a 1958 Gibson Flying V he borrowed from Gibson)
23. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• Give me all of the Vitalogy 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Great show. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • SmozillaSmozilla Chicago, IL Posts: 12

1991: 11/29 Aragon Ballroom, Chicago IL
    1992: 08/02 World Music Theatre, Tinley Park IL
    1995: 07/11 Soldier Field, Chicago IL
    1998: 06/26 Alpine Valley, East Troy WI; 06/29 United Center, Chicago IL
    2000: 10/09 Allstate Arena, Rosemont IL
    2003: 06/18 United Center, Chicago IL; 06/21 Alpine Valley, East Troy WI
    2006: 05/22 Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills MI; 12/09 Aloha Stadium, Honolulu HI
    2008: 06/25 Madison Square Garden, New York NY; 08/21 Auditorium Theatre, Chicago IL (EV)
    2009: 08/23 + 08/24 United Center, Chicago IL
    2010: 05/07 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Noblesville IN
    2011: 06/28 Chicago Theatre, Chicago IL (EV); 09/12 Air Canada Centre, Toronto ON
    2013: 07/19 Wrigley Field, Chicago IL; 11/21 Viejas Arena, San Diego CA
    2014: 10/16 Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI
    2016: 04/20 PNC Arena, Raleigh NC; 04/21 Colonial Life Arena, Columbia SC; 08/22 Wrigley Field, Chicago IL
    2018: 06/13 Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam NL; 08/18 + 08/20 Wrigley Field, Chicago IL 
    2019: 09/28 Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA (EV)
    2022: 02/06 NJPAC, New Jersey, NJ (EV) + 09/16 Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN + 09/22 Ball Arena, Denver, CO
    2023: 09/05 + 09/07 United Center, Chicago IL

• That explains why Mike had the Flying V! I was shocked to see him start Ledbetter with it.
    2012 - Eddie Vedder/Glen Hansard
    2014 Memphis, 2022 Nashville
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Might as well type up my hectic story of the day while I’m waiting at the airport.

I am a 1st grade teacher in Philly, and none of this happens if I have students today like I would most Fridays. Instead we have a teachers in-service day. My uncle lives in Louisville and he’s planning on going to Bourbon and Beyond for his first ever PJ show. Around 10:00 Friday morning I send him a pic of the poster and shirt from Nashville. He responds, half jokingly, with a GPS route for him to take from Louisville to Nashville.

So I say hey, it wouldn’t hurt to check airfare from Philly to Nashville. Turns out there were some decent rates, and after Camden the other night I am in full Pearl Jam obsession mode right now, so we start thinking that we might be able to somehow make this work. Biggest problem is that the only reasonable flight leaves Philly at 4, and I’m technically on the clock until 3:39. I hate to approach my principal about it after already taking off a day and a half for Camden this week, but finally I do.

I tell him that Saturday is my birthday and my uncle wants to buy me plane/concert tickets as my present (the birthday part is true, the uncle buying everything part is unfortunately not true 😂) before I could even ask he says “BYE SIR!” So I hop in an Uber at 2:30 and head for the airport. No bag, no concert tickets, no return flight booked yet. 

I score some pretty sweet obstructed view tickets (that ended up not being obstructed at all) and get on the plane. My uncle drives from Louisville and picks me up from the airport, Bob’s your uncle. 

As for the show itself, it was a ton of fun. Not as bonkers as Camden but solid setlist and a great crowd. Rats was by far the highlight for me. This was my 13th show and it was towards the top of my bucket list of songs I wanted to see live for quite some time. The extended Save it for Later tag was a highlight as well, and the abundance of Vitalogy songs. 

Overall one of the crazier things I’ve ever done and I’m really happy I did. I will land back in Philly at 9:00 am Saturday, which means that I will be back to regular life less than 24 hours after this idea was even mentioned. Pretty wild and I feel richer for the experience. 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    RiotZact said:
    Might as well type up my hectic story of the day while I’m waiting at the airport.

I am a 1st grade teacher in Philly, and none of this happens if I have students today like I would most Fridays. Instead we have a teachers in-service day. My uncle lives in Louisville and he’s planning on going to Bourbon and Beyond for his first ever PJ show. Around 10:00 Friday morning I send him a pic of the poster and shirt from Nashville. He responds, half jokingly, with a GPS route for him to take from Louisville to Nashville.

So I say hey, it wouldn’t hurt to check airfare from Philly to Nashville. Turns out there were some decent rates, and after Camden the other night I am in full Pearl Jam obsession mode right now, so we start thinking that we might be able to somehow make this work. Biggest problem is that the only reasonable flight leaves Philly at 4, and I’m technically on the clock until 3:39. I hate to approach my principal about it after already taking off a day and a half for Camden this week, but finally I do.

I tell him that Saturday is my birthday and my uncle wants to buy me plane/concert tickets as my present (the birthday part is true, the uncle buying everything part is unfortunately not true 😂) before I could even ask he says “BYE SIR!” So I hop in an Uber at 2:30 and head for the airport. No bag, no concert tickets, no return flight booked yet. 

I score some pretty sweet obstructed view tickets (that ended up not being obstructed at all) and get on the plane. My uncle drives from Louisville and picks me up from the airport, Bob’s your uncle. 

As for the show itself, it was a ton of fun. Not as bonkers as Camden but solid setlist and a great crowd. Rats was by far the highlight for me. This was my 13th show and it was towards the top of my bucket list of songs I wanted to see live for quite some time. The extended Save it for Later tag was a highlight as well, and the abundance of Vitalogy songs. 

Overall one of the crazier things I’ve ever done and I’m really happy I did. I will land back in Philly at 9:00 am Saturday, which means that I will be back to regular life less than 24 hours after this idea was even mentioned. Pretty wild and I feel richer for the experience. 
    Love your story and the way your boss reacted. Mine was the same this summer. I know it’s so cliché but we truly only live once and will only regret the things we didn’t do!
  • RiotZact said:

A somewhat similar story- in 2003 (?) I lived in Boston and worked a job I hated. It was a workday and pearl jam was playing msg that night. My friend and I were talking about it and decided we would try to go. We made some dumb excuses to get out of work and then drove to msg from Boston without tickets. When we got there we were trying to buy some tickets from someone when someone walked by and said, "dontou guys need tickets,  here, take these," and handed us tickets. We grabbed them and ran up but when they were going to be scanned, they didn't work bc they'd already been scanned. But somehow, the person in the ticket line said, "just go in," and let us in! So we drove to NYC, got in FOR FREE,and it was an amazing show and we drank champagne to celebrate.
  • At the Nashville airport at 4:45 am I said to someone with a poster tube “They sure did play a lot of Vitalogy last night”.  She looked at me like I was an idiot.  I may have still been pretty buzzed. Ha.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    At the Nashville airport at 4:45 am I said to someone with a poster tube “They sure did play a lot of Vitalogy last night”.  She looked at me like I was an idiot.  I may have still been pretty buzzed. Ha.
    😂
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    RiotZact said:

That’s amazing! I did something similar for Hartford back in 2013 (decided to go 3 pm on the day of the show) and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I’m also considering hopping on a plane tonight/tomorrow morning and heading to St. Louis. I thought I’d be satisfied with doing 4 shows but apparently not. PJ withdrawal is real!
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,035
    edited September 2022
    Awesome story RiotZact! Super cool your principal let you go! So nice you had a work day and no kids. I held onto Nashville and St. Louis tickets (originally during my spring break!) and stressed about when the dates would hit. I’m a teacher too and had a work day yesterday as well! 

The show was fantastic! While not the best set list for me in terms of rarities or deep cuts, I really didn’t care! That crowd was killer. Having not seen them since 2018, I was thrilled to hear all of those songs.

Highlights for me were Who Ever Said (love that song and it rocked live! Devo/Stones tag was great).  The Present Tense to Rats run was killer! Brad Klausen was joking on the set list thread that his posters rarely affect the song choice, but he scored this time! It sounded amazing. I also love All Night! Ed really flubbed the lyrics after the first verse, and I thought they might abandon it, but the band rode it out and he picked it back up with the second verse. Cool guy next to me from Chattanooga and I just laughed and kept rocking! Love the call and response, “All Night” at the end. I was totally singing that out. By Wishlist my voice was shot (how do you do it, Eddie?)!

My son’s first show, and he loved it. Very cool for him to get so many big hits, plus Go and Rats off of Vs. (his favorite).  He was really hoping for Dirty Frank (first PJ song he loved), but that did not take away from our experience at all.

Would have been amazing to play Baba right after that Alive, the crowd was so into things, but loved getting YL as well. 

Just so happy the show went off as planned! Capped a great day in Nashville, my son and I toured the RCA Studio B (tons of cool Elvis stories there) and toured Third Man! At TMR, we got surprised by co-founder, Ben Blackwell, who told some amazing stories about Ed and his own visit to the 10Club warehouse in Washington. What a day!

Thank you PJ! Thank you 10Club for my amazing seats! 

See you in St. Louis!
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    My 27th show and it was 27 years to the day since my first one. Had a blast!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Love these stories! Keep ‘em coming!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    Show was incredibly great.  20th show and had a great spot in 114 close to all the action. The band and venue sounded fantastic.  The guys were in great spirits. Show length was perfect. Unique set list with a lot of variety compared to MSG. Very fortunate to travel to Nashville to see such an amazing band still rocking so hard and hope to see them again soon!  
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • My 31st and never seen Ed happier and really enjoying every second. Also, probably the least amount of talking by him. 

Killer crowd too and nice to see Nashville deliver. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Ed was really upbeat. Seemed like they fed off the crowds energy. Can’t wait to buy the bootleg to hear us sing!
    2012 - Eddie Vedder/Glen Hansard
    2014 Memphis, 2022 Nashville
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    Awesome story RiotZact! Super cool your principal let you go! So nice you had a work day and no kids. I held onto Nashville and St. Louis tickets (originally during my spring break!) and stressed about when the dates would hit. I’m a teacher too and had a work day yesterday as well! 

The show was fantastic! While not the best set list for me in terms of rarities or deep cuts, I really didn’t care! That crowd was killer. Having not seen them since 2018, I was thrilled to hear all of those songs.

Highlights for me were Who Ever Said (love that song and it rocked live! Devo/Stones tag was great).  The Present Tense to Rats run was killer! Brad Klausen was joking on the set list thread that his posters rarely affect the song choice, but he scored this time! It sounded amazing. I also love All Night! Ed really flubbed the lyrics after the first verse, and I thought they might abandon it, but the band rode it out and he picked it back up with the second verse. Cool guy next to me from Chattanooga and I just laughed and kept rocking! Love the call and response, “All Night” at the end. I was totally singing that out. By Wishlist my voice was shot (how do you do it, Eddie?)!

My son’s first show, and he loved it. Very cool for him to get so many big hits, plus Go and Rats off of Vs. (his favorite).  He was really hoping for Dirty Frank (first PJ song he loved), but that did not take away from our experience at all.

Would have been amazing to play Baba right after that Alive, the crowd was so into things, but loved getting YL as well. 

Just so happy the show went off as planned! Capped a great day in Nashville, my son and I toured the RCA Studio B (tons of cool Elvis stories there) and toured Third Man! At TMR, we got surprised by co-founder, Ben Blackwell, who told some amazing stories about Ed and his own visit to the 10Club warehouse in Washington. What a day!

See you in St. Louis!
    I was next to you. Nice meeting you. That guy that crawled over the rail was something haha. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    RiotZact said:

LOVE THIS
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tusevun said:

See you in St. Louis!
    I was next to you. Nice meeting you. That guy that crawled over the rail was something haha. 
    😂 

Hey! Nice to meet you! Safe travels to you and your wife.

Yeah, guess that guy didn’t want to inconvenience his row? But that climb over the rail was steep since we were the wheelchair accessible row. Thought there was no way he was making it back down without taking a spill, but he was pretty spry for an old guy!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Great show incredible crowd.  Nashville brought it.  Any show with Present Tense is a hit for me.  Given to Fly late in the set list was a pleasant surprise.  Too many moments to list here.  Came in from Philly for show and Nashville smashed it.  
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
    Not a greatest hits show, but a greatest album show?  Nothing from Binaural-Lightning Bolt m, except for All Night.  Energy was insane. The town is insane. This was a special show if you were there.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    This was an awesome show!  The sound at Bridgestone was insanely good. Seriously, it might be the best I’ve ever heard at an arena show. Crowd was into everything all night. Heavy hitters at 3 & 4 with Black and P Tense and then into Last Exit. Fuck yeah. STBC, Go, Rats, Immortality and Smile?  Uh yes please. Loved River Cross in the main set too. And Given to Fly toward the end was kick ass as well. 

Truly a great show!  Definitely could use 3-5 more songs but the shorter set did not affect how much of a blast this show was!
  • KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    Didn’t like the setlist at all! I know many did. Crowd was great though! Hopefully St. Louis will be better!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    edited September 2022
    First GA at an arena show and ended up about 4 feet back from the rail on Stone’s side. Got a pick from Mike when he came over during Porch. Loved all the Vitalogy songs and Present Tense was amazing. What a great night! We were too tired to party hard after the show so we grabbed some food and then went back to the hotel. Old age got the best of us ! 🤣 On to St Louis!
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Did I just dream this or did Ed actually pass some wine down for some kid to enjoy that was maybe 10? 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    poison said:
    Did I just dream this or did Ed actually pass some wine down for some kid to enjoy that was maybe 10? 
    Yup!!!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    I was so happy to make it here for the show.  Seeing Pearl Jam here was on my bucket list for a long time.  Nashville is a fantastic city and the people we met were so nice.  We got to talk to a lot of fans throughout the day around town and at the venue.  

This was #48 for me and somewhere in the 20s for my wife.  We loved every minute of the show.  Getting to hear Smile might be my favorite song from the 3 shows I saw this tour.  So thank you to the guy with the request sign and congrats on show #185!

We’re off to explore Nashville some more today before heading home tomorrow.  Can’t wait for the next tour! 😁
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• deb1211deb1211 Posts: 961
    tusevun said:

See you in St. Louis!
    You from Chattanooga? I was at show and live in Ringgold GA 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I got to see 3 of the 4 Gigaton songs I was missing. Here’s hoping for Comes Then Goes in OKC. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.