The National Football League

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Bills look amazing
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Anybody watch the Manti Te'o story?

I heard about it but never got the depth of it.  Holy shit man!?!
    Damn it. I forgot to watch this. And yeah, I didn't pay too close attention to it back in the day. 
    Absolutely crazy.

I can see how it happened.  Poor guy.

Give it a watch.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    That was quite a kicking display around the NFL yesterday.  Felt like I was watching college kickers....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    That was quite a kicking display around the NFL yesterday.  Felt like I was watching college kickers....
    Hey how about Cade York, Browns rookie kicker was 4/4 including 58 yarder as time expired.  That was a great start. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Didn't realize he was a rookie.....he drilled that game winner.  Would have been good from about 70
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    The end of regulation and OT in Pit/CIN was an absolute kicking clinic, lol. And the Bengals bungled away a tie. Announcer mentioned it when they punted the ball back to Steelers with 15 seconds on the play clock still and clock running. Should have snapped it at 1 or 2, even take the delay of game in that situation. Those 15 second were the difference. I'm sometimes astounded by such simple oversights by NFL coaches/teams.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    The end of regulation and OT in Pit/CIN was an absolute kicking clinic, lol. And the Bengals bungled away a tie. Announcer mentioned it when they punted the ball back to Steelers with 15 seconds on the play clock still and clock running. Should have snapped it at 1 or 2, even take the delay of game in that situation. Those 15 second were the difference. I'm sometimes astounded by such simple oversights by NFL coaches/teams.
    I was watching that and was shocked that they snapped the ball with so much time left.  The whole thing was a comedy of errors and I couldn't help but laugh when that kick bonged off the upright (although it was a long one).  A tie would have been great for me, but I couldn't help but enjoy both teams struggling so much.

I think the football was quite bad yesterday and a product of starters playing just about nothing in preseason.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I was watching that and was shocked that they snapped the ball with so much time left.  The whole thing was a comedy of errors and I couldn't help but laugh when that kick bonged off the upright (although it was a long one).  A tie would have been great for me, but I couldn't help but enjoy both teams struggling so much.

I think the football was quite bad yesterday and a product of starters playing just about nothing in preseason.  
    Yep.

chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    when that kick bonged off the upright 
    That made a hell of a sound.
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    when that kick bonged off the upright 
    That made a hell of a sound.
    Honestly, it was hilarious.  After all the errors, bad snaps, picks, shanks, to hear that thing hit, it was like watching the Gong Show.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    of course there was a tie in the first week :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    AFC South is winless and 2 teams played each other. Oh the joys of Colts fandom.
  • Watched the Broncos Sea game yesterday.  Listening to the broadcasters trying to hype up Gino Smith is hysterical.  He won't be good in any system.  We watched him here in NY and I see the same QB.  Give it time Seattle.  You'll get your high draft pick!

The Broncos?  My team.  Looks rusty.  They should be way better than the Seahawks.
    Watched the Broncos Sea game yesterday.  Listening to the broadcasters trying to hype up Gino Smith is hysterical.  He won't be good in any system.  We watched him here in NY and I see the same QB.  Give it time Seattle.  You'll get your high draft pick!

The Broncos?  My team.  Looks rusty.  They should be way better than the Seahawks.
    Broncos were poorly coached last night.  That FG attempt late was stupid.  They had time to run another play without an issue, try to get 5-10 more yards.  

I thought Geno looked pretty good, tbh.  I'm not saying he's not going to turn back into Geno Smith, but he played well enough against what was supposed to be a good defense. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    Watched the Broncos Sea game yesterday.  Listening to the broadcasters trying to hype up Gino Smith is hysterical.  He won't be good in any system.  We watched him here in NY and I see the same QB.  Give it time Seattle.  You'll get your high draft pick!

Broncos were poorly coached last night.  That FG attempt late was stupid.  They had time to run another play without an issue, try to get 5-10 more yards.  

I thought Geno looked pretty good, tbh.  I'm not saying he's not going to turn back into Geno Smith, but he played well enough against what was supposed to be a good defense. 
    Denver defense showed up late.  The first half Gino threw 12 passes in a row completed?  I forget how many.  Then the run. Penny killed them in the first half but then didn't do shit in the second.

Denver has weapons but they fell flat last night.
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah, I'm taking my chances with Wilson on 4th and 5 before I try a 64-yard FG outdoors in Seattle.
    If it were a dome or the thin air of Denver then I could see opting for the FG there, but not last night.
  • Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah, I'm taking my chances with Wilson on 4th and 5 before I try a 64-yard FG outdoors in Seattle.
    If it were a dome or the thin air of Denver then I could see opting for the FG there, but not last night.
    That Denver kicker is pretty good.  He has a big leg, he pushed it a little but you are right in that they should have got a few more yards first w the time they had left but it was 4th down.  At least this gave them a shot at a win.

It should never have been up to this though.  Denver played like poo.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    edited September 2022
    never mind.
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    bad pass, bad attempted tackle by herbert. 

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Can't believe they let Herbert go back in the game. Also can't believe he threw that bullet after not being able to jog 1 yard to get the first down.
    Jumb0 said:
    Can't believe they let Herbert go back in the game. Also can't believe he threw that bullet after not being able to jog 1 yard to get the first down.
    Can't believe he got that extra 4 points on a TD after that series of events, possibly fucking me in fantasy. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Ther was a NFL game played last night? (sarcastic question because I don't have Amazon Prime)

• 2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

yeah!

browns are gonna brown, too.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited September 2022
    I had a long shot Dolphins/Jags/Jets/Steelers parlay. Steelers blew it, but I was so focused on the Dolphins comeback since they’re my favorite team that I just assumed the Browns won. Didn’t notice the Jets got an onside kick and went on to win. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    ^ Hill really came on Late for my fantasy team

was quiet & Waddle was killing it… then all of a sudden, bam

both had monster days w/ Tua
    I'm not sure whose blown lead was worse,  Browns or Ravens.  It was basically impossible for either of them to lose. 
  • CROJAM95 said:
    ^ Hill really came on Late for my fantasy team

was quiet & Waddle was killing it… then all of a sudden, bam

both had monster days w/ Tua
    The opposite for me. My opponent had Hill. So it’s gonna be a reality football win and a fantasy football loss for me today. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm not sure whose blown lead was worse,  Browns or Ravens.  It was basically impossible for either of them to lose. 

its never impossible for the browns to lose
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    Raiders have entered the chat.