*** Pearl Jam Apollo Theater Fanviews 9/10/22 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited September 2022 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Apollo Theater
New York, NY
North American Tour 2022
09/10/22
Show
Set List

PEARL JAM
walk on music Cat Power-The Greatest at 9:27
Band Onstage 9:27
Band Offstage 11:41

01. Footsteps
02. Pendulum
03. Sleight of Hand
{Announces the birth of Glen Hansard’s son}
04. Parachutes
05. Hard To Imagine
{FOH console has an issue.  Things are paused while the console is rebooted.  The audience sings Daughter while they wait.  Ed plays a song on acoustic guitar for the audience while they wait. Keep Me In Your Heart-(Calderon, Zevon)}
06. Who Ever Said
07. Even Flow
08. Dance Of The Clairvoyants
09. Quick Escape
10. Spin The Black Circle
11. Alright
12. Retrograde
{Ed talks about an artist named Bessie Smith who performed at The Apollo many times.  He never thought he would ever stand where he stood.}
13. Never Destination
14. Long Way
15. Whipping
{Ed relates a story from his time working in a club and when Ray Charles admired his haircut}
16. Porch
17. Better Man
18. Do The Evolution
19. Baba O’Riley-Townshend
20. Indifference

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Kat on
Tagged:

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    edited September 2022
    Would love to have been there. To those listening in the sound seemed a bit off. Hopefully the sound at the venue was spot on! Shame about the slight delay, but as always the boys shrugged it off and eventually got the show moving. Nice to see a big spread of Gigaton songs. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • First five songs were pure fire.  Probably could’ve left after that and been happy ( and for a few minutes there it seemed that may be possibility).  The tech problems definitely drained the air out of building, especially after waiting for a 9:30 start.   My first Whoever Said live, and oh man, it’s killer. I love gigaton but 6 of 7 after EF seemed a bit much.   A lot of technical glitches but band sounds great.  Heard some people left cause of heat.  Shame so many tickets were wasted and not given to “real fans”. Time to get some sleep and do it again tomorrow.  

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited September 2022
    vitodacat said:
    First five songs were pure fire.  Probably could’ve left after that and been happy ( and for a few minutes there it seemed that may be possibility).  The tech problems definitely drained the air out of building, especially after waiting for a 9:30 start.   My first Whoever Said live, and oh man, it’s killer. I love gigaton but 6 of 7 after EF seemed a bit much.   A lot of technical glitches but band sounds great.  Heard some people left cause of heat.  Shame so many tickets were wasted and not given to “real fans”. Time to get some sleep and do it again tomorrow.  

Based on how few tickets were given to call-in winners and the fact that it was a "SiriusXM event" we knew it would be few fans and a lot of VIPs.

They all are.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    vitodacat said:
    First five songs were pure fire.  Probably could’ve left after that and been happy ( and for a few minutes there it seemed that may be possibility).  The tech problems definitely drained the air out of building, especially after waiting for a 9:30 start.   My first Whoever Said live, and oh man, it’s killer. I love gigaton but 6 of 7 after EF seemed a bit much.   A lot of technical glitches but band sounds great.  Heard some people left cause of heat.  Shame so many tickets were wasted and not given to “real fans”. Time to get some sleep and do it again tomorrow.  
    too bad all those tickets being wasted considering there was 160 or so people waiting across the street. I was No. 116.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 982
    edited September 2022
    vitodacat said:

Based on how few tickets were given to call-in winners and the fact that it was a "SiriusXM event" we knew it would be few fans and a lot of VIPs.

They all are.
    So I was an early call in winner (show was amazing and I’ll review it more completely tomorrow) but there were WAY more winners there than I expected. The line for winners was almost completely wrapped around the building and had at least 500 people in it. It honestly felt like it was mostly fans - tons of people singing along.  Def some people sitting but overall great crowd.  Little to no celebs from where I was sitting (Row A of BALC) - just Robin from Stern and Heidi Klein.  Absolutely spectacular show (despite then tech issues). Hard to Imagine possibly the best song ever.  Unbelievable night!!!
    Post edited by danlee1095 on
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    Wow! Amazing show! I’ll leave my review tomorrow, but for now, suffice it to say not only was I lucky enough to win a phone contest 2 1/2 years ago (which I still can’t believe!), but when the show finally happened, I was lucky enough to get first row! It was incredible! Ed handed me a pick after HTI (one of my favorite songs ever, which I never thought I’d hear again). Then during baba oreily, I got to strum Mike’s guitar.  Just a totally surreal experience!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    edited September 2022
    I knew this show would be a letdown to most people from the start. I’m surprised the band did it knowing the room would be filled with mostly non-fans. I don’t know if I’m reading too much into it , but that setlist almost seems like a fuck you to the suits that were there and a treat for the real fans who were lucky to be there. I feel terrible for those who waited to get in, you guys truly deserved it. Especially after hearing people were leaving mid way through? Weird. 

I wasn’t there so this post could be way off base. I’m sure the real fans who were there had the time of their lives , it’s just a shame there wasn’t more of them. Imagine that theater filled with only 10c members?
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Disappointed to hear parts of the show sounded terrible if listening in. (I’m in Australia so didn’t listen in). Hoping for all in attendance it sounded better at the venue. Real bummer too, that there were tech issues early in the show. PJ have had their share of ups and downs lately. Let the tour continue and looking forward to the rest of the setlists. 
    What are you talking about? It sounded great. How can you be disappointed for something you didn’t even listen to? Odd. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 356
    Wow! Amazing show! I’ll leave my review tomorrow, but for now, suffice it to say not only was I lucky enough to win a phone contest 2 1/2 years ago (which I still can’t believe!), but when the show finally happened, I was lucky enough to get first row! It was incredible! Ed handed me a pick after HTI (one of my favorite songs ever, which I never thought I’d hear again). Then during baba oreily, I got to strum Mike’s guitar.  Just a totally surreal experience!

An evening you will never forget! Share your story with anyone who will listen. 
    April 29, 2003 Pepsi Arena, Albany                            September 15, 2005 Bell Center, Montreal       May 16, 2006 Meadows, Hartford

June 28, 2008  Comcast Center, Mansfield               October 25, 2013 XL Center, Hartford               August 5, 2006 Fenway Park, Boston

August 7, 2006 Fenway Park, Boston                         September 2, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston        September 4, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston

"If I had known then, what I know now."                      "There's an upside of down." 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    I knew this show would be a letdown to most people from the start. I’m surprised the band did it knowing the room would be filled with mostly non-fans. I don’t know if I’m reading too much into it , but that setlist almost seems like a fuck you to the suits that were there and a treat for the real fans who were lucky to be there. I feel terrible for those who waited to get in, you guys truly deserved it. Especially after hearing people were leaving mid way through? Weird. 

I wasn’t there so this post could be way off base. I’m sure the real fans who were there had the time of their lives , it’s just a shame there wasn’t more of them. Imagine that theater filled with only 10c members?
    I was thinking the same thing about the set list. 
    nicknyr15 said:

I was thinking the same thing about the set list. 
    Right? 2 songs from ten and no Alive?? Crazy. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    To tell u the truth. I was expecting huge reaction after this and fan base go nuts 
    But most of comments in social. Media has this weird vibe.. Not sure why that happen. 

Thanks SEA ❤️
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • vitodacat said:
    too bad all those tickets being wasted considering there was 160 or so people waiting across the street. I was No. 116.
    You have any idea how many got in?

And to be clear, I was being sarcastic about leaving after first 5. That’s how great they were, and HTI was so sick and the energy was off the charts ( at least by me), that the tech issue or reboot or whatever it was was a big downer.  

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    edited September 2022
    The show was great for me, especially since I only found out the night before I was in… thank You Andy! Great fan , also thanks to my significant other who she gave me the +1… even though this was her friend…. 2 amazing people who wanted me to experience this event 😦

I was in the balcony surrounded by mostly great people, a few disinterested ones… 🤷‍♂️

Hard to imagine, sleight of hand, never destination, parachutes were unreal. The technical difficulties killed the vibe a bit…band handled it as best they could. 

It was a cool event, the swag & open bar were nice touches…. Looking forward to msg tonight…

saw baba booey picking up his Tesla in the same garage I was in after the show was funny… I saw him on the floor of LA 2013 too

beautiful Robin being there made me happy 
    Post edited by CROJAM95 on
    vitodacat said:
    vitodacat said:

And to be clear, I was being sarcastic about leaving after first 5. That’s how great they were, and HTI was so sick and the energy was off the charts ( at least by me), that the tech issue or reboot or whatever it was was a big downer. 

Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    CROJAM95 said:
    The show was great for me, especially since I only found out the night before I was in… thank You Andy! Great fan , also thanks to my significant other who she gave me the +1… even though this was her friend…. 2 amazing people who wanted me to experience this event 😦

I was in the balcony surrounded by mostly great people, a few disinterested ones… 🤷‍♂️

Hard to imagine, sleight of hand, never destination, parachutes were unreal. The technical difficulties killed the vibe a bit…band handled it as best they could. 

It was a cool event, the swag & open bar were nice touches…. Looking forward to msg tonight…

saw baba booey picking up his Tesla in the same garage I was in after the show was funny… I saw him on the floor of LA 2013 too

beautiful Robin being there made me happy 
    I definitely heard a few Ba Ba Booeys! Last night during the broadcast hahah. 
    As far I know only three people who on that line who got in and it was three randomly picked by someone handing out hard tickets. A lot of people left, including me after finding out it wasn't going to happen at around 9:30.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited September 2022
    vitodacat said:
    vitodacat said:

I know number 10 in line didnt get in.
    A d I'm sure number 1-2 got in..
    So 2 up to 9 are the people got in 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • fookiefookie Posts: 251
    I’ve seen over a hundred shows
    Each  time l feel lucky to be there as each show is unique and for me I feel the music when it hits my soul
    Was this the best PJ of all time? No, but who gives a shit
    Most of the negative comments are from poeple who weren’t even there 
    Sound issues = Ed goes mic-less and plays a beautiful song.
    That is what make this band so great. 
    Enjoy it in any form we get it 
    Game 2 tonight
    Much Love 
  • Epic show. Fun. Weird.  One of the most unique sets they’ve ever played.  Brilliant.  Up in the balcony the energy was high.  Saw the Celtics owner, the president of the Red Sox and Theo Epstein in the crowd.  
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • fookie said:
    I’ve seen over a hundred shows
    Each  time l feel lucky to be there as each show is unique and for me I feel the music when it hits my soul
    Was this the best PJ of all time? No, but who gives a shit
    Most of the negative comments are from poeple who weren’t even there 
    Sound issues = Ed goes mic-less and plays a beautiful song.
    That is what make this band so great. 
    Enjoy it in any form we get it 
    Game 2 tonight
    Much Love 
    Amen. You had the chance to see PJ once in your life, you are golden. 
  • Was in 2nd last row of balcony.  Awesome experience.  Seemed like balcony sections pretty well stocked with real fans.  A lot of singing with the classics and even the old lesser played lost dogs like Hard to Imagine and Footsteps.  Couldn’t see the lower sections from my seat to see vibe there.
    Different vibe with the set list than usually get.  Really loved the opening 5 “sit down” songs.  Worked amazing with the intimate setting of the Apollo.  Great sound and really clear.  Some of the later heavier songs sound quality not as clear up top.  Footsteps and HTI always a treat.  Those were among my “chase” songs that I would look forward to hearing during 1st encores in their old set list formats.  Seemed like overall set had enough gems to satisfy the hardcore fans and enough Gigaton to satisfy the “suits” so some good balance.  Definitely something for everyone.
    The technical difficulties definitely killed the buzz to some degree.  Despite best efforts rest of the show had a hard time matching the energy of the opening songs.
    Keep Me in Your Heart was a nice treat.  Completely solo acoustic, no mic.  A little bonus to fill the dead airtime.  Some shushers and chatter at the bar right behind me not so nice.
    My first time hearing Gigaton songs live/in person and they sounded great live and will fit well for tours to come.  There were definitely more than a few people taking a seat during that run of Gigaton songs.  Different spacing and mixing of older songs in between would’ve kept crowd attention a little better.
    Some story time from Ed including about the Apollo but no covers from artists who made that building famous.  Seems like for any NYC show or “special” show there are always unrealistic expectations for special guests showing up or crazy bust outs.
    Overall grateful for the one of a kind experience seeing them in such a small venue.  The opening 5 songs will get heavy replay for me.  Totally different vibe than 20k people pumping their fists to Alive at MSG (and that’s totally fine).  At this point I don’t need “best show ever” with every show and totally happy with different and unique.  This show totally met the latter expectations for me.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,106
    To tell u the truth. I was expecting huge reaction after this and fan base go nuts 
    But most of comments in social. Media has this weird vibe.. Not sure why that happen. 

Thanks SEA ❤️
    maybe we were expecting something like The Vic ...
    Mexico City 17/7/2003
    Mexico City 18/7/2003
    Mexico City 19/7/2003
    Santiago Chile 22/11/2005
    Santiago Chile 23/11/2005
    Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011
    Santiago Chile 16/11/2011
    Lima Perú 18/11/2011
    Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013
    Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013
    Santiago Chile 06/5/2013
    Santiago Chile 4/11/2015
    Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015
    Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015
    Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015
    Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015
    Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015
    Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015
    Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015
    Mexico City 28/11/2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016
    Miami, FL 9/4/2016
    Tampa, FL 11/4/2016
    Santiago Chile 13/3/2018
    Santiago Chile 16/3/2018
    Rome Italy 26/6/2018
    Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018
    Krakow Poland 3/7/2018
    Berlin Germany 5/7/2018
    Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018
    Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021
    Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 

Thanks SEA ❤️
    Could of been with 1500 fan club members. The energy would have been waaaaay different. It’s not fair to compare this to the Vic. Completely different circumstance. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    nicknyr15 said:

The setlist was a dream to me, but I understand how for others it could have been disappointing. To me, it was less of a f you to the suits and more of the band trying really hard to play a little something for everyone, keeping in mind they were playing for a diverse crowd of die-hards, casual fans, and industry folks. And now for my full review:

Opening with footsteps was amazing. Great way to start off the night and get the crowd’s energy level up. Everyone (at least around me at the front) was belting it out at the top of their lungs. There was a kid sitting a few seats to my left for whom this was his first concert ever. At the end of the song, Ed walked up to him and handed him his harmonica. At the end of the first live song the kid’s ever seen, he gets a harmonica from Ed. What an incredible moment that that kid will certainly never forget. 

Then the acoustic set that followed absolutely blew my mind. I’ve heard pendulum a bunch of times before, but hadn’t heard it in a while, and hearing it at the Apollo was a treat. Then once Ed mentioned the next song they were going to play was about a “clip-on tie,” I lost it cause I knew they were going into sleight if hand, my all-time favorite PJ song, which I never thought I’d hear again. It sounded amazing in such a small theater- very reminiscent of the Benaroya hall version. Was also great to finally hear parachutes to complete avocado for me. And then HTI was out of this world. Ed handed me a pick at the end (see the picture below). 

I was also really happy (and not surprised) that they played a lot of Gigaton, as the show was originally slated as an album release show. Gigaton highlights for me were who ever said and quick escape, which brought down the house, and retrograde, which was really powerful in such a small space. Other highlights for me were spin the black circle, whipping, and closing with indifference. It was pretty incredible getting to scream out “I will scream my lungs out, till it fills this room” in the Apollo- what a moment! And of course the moment of the night for me was getting to strum Mike’s guitar during baba oreily. That was a truly surreal moment that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. 

And the best part of it all was that I got to share this incredible night with my dad, who recently recovered from a 10-hour cancer surgery and a long course of chemo. Seeing the look of pure bliss on my dad’s face while he was strumming mike’s guitar with me was incredible! It was a truly memorable and cathartic night for us both, and one that we will never forget. 

But from talking to other people after the show and reading the fanviews, I get that not everyone had the kind of experience that I did. I was talking to someone after the show and said something to the effect of, “How incredible was that?” and his response was, “I can’t believe I waited 2 1/2 years for this. That was really disappointing.” He went on to say that it was his third show, he didn’t like the acoustic material at the beginning, wasn’t a fan of Gigaton, and wanted to hear more off of ten. I get that. Everyone comes to these shows looking for something different; I totally understand how a setlist that may seem amazing to me might be mediocre to someone else (especially since my favorite album is binaural). But I think the band does an excellent job in terms of balancing their setlists to try to satisfy everyone- not an easy task. 

Thanks to the band for putting on yet another incredible show and giving me and my dad an experience we will never forget. And I had a blast rocking out all night with all you other people down at the front- you’re all awesome! Can’t wait for msg tonight! I’m gonna head over to the pre-party in an hour or so- hope to meet some of you there!

• GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,106
    nicknyr15 said:

Thanks SEA ❤️
    Could of been with 1500 fan club members. The energy would have been waaaaay different. It’s not fair to compare this to the Vic. Completely different circumstance. 
    i dont know the circumstance about last night show
    i assumed ther will be only 10 clubbers or something like that.. wasnt like that?
    Mexico City 17/7/2003
    Mexico City 18/7/2003
    Mexico City 19/7/2003
    Santiago Chile 22/11/2005
    Santiago Chile 23/11/2005
    Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011
    Santiago Chile 16/11/2011
    Lima Perú 18/11/2011
    Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013
    Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013
    Santiago Chile 06/5/2013
    Santiago Chile 4/11/2015
    Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015
    Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015
    Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015
    Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015
    Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015
    Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015
    Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015
    Mexico City 28/11/2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016
    Miami, FL 9/4/2016
    Tampa, FL 11/4/2016
    Santiago Chile 13/3/2018
    Santiago Chile 16/3/2018
    Rome Italy 26/6/2018
    Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018
    Krakow Poland 3/7/2018
    Berlin Germany 5/7/2018
    Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018
    Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021
    Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 
  • Last night was the 11th show I’ve seen since touring resumed at Sea Hear Now last year. It was amazing to be in that historic theater. Was it the best show I’ve seen this year? No. Was it quite an event and fun to be at? Absolutely. 

Not sure what people were expecting. Sirius shows are heavy on invited industry guests. It was never going to be the Vic. They clearly decided to play mostly the same stuff they would have if the show had occurred in 2020 to promote Gigaton. Yes, it would be great if they did a theater show for 10C members again but that’s not what last night was, nor was it intended to be. 

I will predict now that tonight at MSG is going to be epic. 
  • Pearl Jam has too many songs and because of Ed’s voice/ age, their shows r now shorter. Personally, I wish Ed would quit cigarettes and switch from red wine to Budweiser per uncle Neil’s suggestion, but here we r. If you want to hear a lot of songs off ten, keep in mind:
    Without new albums, we aren’t going to get as much touring. As a result, they’re going to play a lot of those new songs. They’ve been playing songs off ten for quite a while and r trying to mix things up. 
    If you saw Pearl Jam in an historic 1,500 seat theater and complained about it, life’s too short to get bogged down with that. Stay positive, I wish I was there. 
    April 29, 2003 Pepsi Arena, Albany                            September 15, 2005 Bell Center, Montreal       May 16, 2006 Meadows, Hartford

June 28, 2008  Comcast Center, Mansfield               October 25, 2013 XL Center, Hartford               August 5, 2006 Fenway Park, Boston

August 7, 2006 Fenway Park, Boston                         September 2, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston        September 4, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston

"If I had known then, what I know now."                      "There's an upside of down." 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    vitodacat said:
    vitodacat said:

Three. The first three got in and anyone else in the line who got in 1) knew someone 2) got randomly lucky by management/other winners with +1
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I think people were expecting something to be different because they saw a concert in a small venue.   Sure, it is different from being in the upper deck of an arena, but most of us are used to being pretty close in GA or in 10c seats.