Options

Who's downloaded the Aussie shows yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    i mean, what are ya sposed to do now if u dont have a credit card?.....
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    recommend both Adelaides and Newcastle of course. Melbourne 2 is a good set.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    I love the Melbourne boots.. mainly because a lot of my faves got played those three nights. Next time they tour, I'm going down to Melbourne for the shows.
  • Options
    I know everyone loves the rareities at PJ concerts but the version of Betterman at Sydney 3 is worth the boot on its own. I'm not sure if I'm biased because I was there but it is Ed and a crowd at its finest!!!!
    Canberra 14-03-95 - Sydney 7-11-06 - Sydney 18-11-06 - Sydney 22-11-09 - Brisbane 25-11-09 - Sydney 26-01-14
    Ed: Canberra 15-03-11 - Sydney 19-03-11
  • Options
    Kennardly wrote:
    I know everyone loves the rareities at PJ concerts but the version of Betterman at Sydney 3 is worth the boot on its own. I'm not sure if I'm biased because I was there but it is Ed and a crowd at its finest!!!!

haha.. Yeah I was there with rear view seats so it was interesting watching the crowd go off plus seeing side stage stuff. Will download it soon, I promise. :)
  • Options
    WallyWally Posts: 35
    Definately gonna download the Perth show.
    3 March 1998 (Tue) - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
    19 March 1998 (Thu) - Perth Entertainment Centre
    23 February 2003 (Sun) - Burswood Dome, Perth
    25 November 2006 (Sat) - Subiaco Oval, Perth
    14 November 2009 (Sat) - ME Bank Stadium, Perth
    2 February 2014 (Sun) - Arena Joondalup, Perth
  • Options
    Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    bigmuzz wrote:
    i mean IF as in, you used to be able to go to a music shop and buy cd boots off the shelf...now apparently u gotta download them, which just isnt the same at all......

I mean, what are ya sposed to do now if u dont have a credit card?.....
    THATS what i mean by if!

Personally I love what they are doing.

I have ordered some CDs recently, and have been waiting over a month for them to arrive.

With these I have access to 100 odd shows, that can be delivered in under 24 hours.

It was expensive for the band to put out a double CD for every show. I doubt we will ever see a band do this again (be it Pearl Jam or any other).

Not to mention a gamble for some retail outlets to stock certain shows. A CD shop in Sydney could safely stock Sydney shows, but would have no clue what other boots will be popular (eg Gorge Shows). It costs them money to sit on stock that may never sell.

The way they are doing it all shows are accessible to anyone who wants them, and they are cheaper than the previous bootleg releases.

They come with CD artwork. If you have a printer that can print directly onto printable CD's they look fantastic (otherwise you may have to get some CD labels).

They come with Jewel Case Artwork too, so you can go get some Double CD Jewel Cases and make them too.

The End result a Double CD that looks great, you dont have to wait for a month for your local record store to order it in.

Not the same, but way better.

If you dont have a credit card, surely you know someone with a credit card that can buy it for you, then you can give them cash?

Most financial institutions provide VISA debit cards, so it is not a real credit card, but works as one.

If you are one of those paranoid people who are scared of using a CC online, go get one with a $200 limit. Limit your losses if you are concerned.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Kennardly wrote:

same here probably bias but getting to sing that first up(and we're in fine vioce thoughout the boot). Then the Beds are Burning tag on Daughter. To have two old popular classics tweeked like that was awesome.

And Newcastle. Would love to know from you diehards with all the shows if you've heard that version 'Masters of War' I've only ever heard the acoustic version. This one almost made my head explode it was so good!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Just wondering if anyone has got the Newcastle boot in flac and can do me a favour?

My download got interrupted and I just want to check my files are ok.

Download http://www.etree.org/cgi-bin/counter.cgi/software/md5sum.exe
    and save it in your System32 dir (if you are on 2000 or XP)

Go to start -> run type in cmd
    cd c:\where\you\saved\your newcastle show
    type md5sum "*.flac" > checksums.txt

Post the contents of checksums.txt in a private message.

Thanks to anyone in advance
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Adelaide 1 was well worth the d/l.... awesome show.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    sorry to be a bother, but i just bought the first sydney show and i started downloading it and it got about 3% into the first song and then i clicked to order the next show and the download stopped. now i cant get it going again. i've logged out and shut down the program and logged back in again, and it says its downloading but its been stuck at

Downloading file: 01 Release.mp3
    0 of 10119MB

for ages... its doing something cause when i hover the mouse over the download section, the busy icon appears. i dont know what to do!
    7/11/06 - sydney, 19/11/06 - newcastle
    and all that he frees, a little bittersweet, it's home...
    it's nothing as it seems, the little that you see, it's home...
  • Options
    I have all 12 of the Australian shows have only had the chance to listen to the Newcastle show though which sounded awesome!
  • Options
    sorry to be a bother, but i just bought the first sydney show and i started downloading it and it got about 3% into the first song and then i clicked to order the next show and the download stopped. now i cant get it going again. i've logged out and shut down the program and logged back in again, and it says its downloading but its been stuck at

0 of 10119MB

for ages... its doing something cause when i hover the mouse over the download section, the busy icon appears. i dont know what to do!

That happens to me too sometimes. Just try again later, and try to be patient.
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503

0 of 10119MB

or try emailing basecamp if you're stumped.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    DananDanan Posts: 94
    Bump
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Best boots of the tour are, in my opinion:

Brisbane 2, Melbourne 2, Newcastle, Adelaide 1 & Perth

They're the solid gold shit. Actually, I love 'em all. The only ones that probably won't get much future listening are Sydney 2 and Brisbane 1.
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Zoso wrote:
    Adelaide 1 was well worth the d/l.... awesome show.

I picked Adelaide 1 as my only (for now at least) Ausie show D/L

Lovin it!
  • Options
    I am just about to listen to melbourne 1
  • Options
    haven't been on here in a while, just wanted to say i finally downloaded the three sydney and the newcastle bootlegs. they are fantastic! i have not stopped listening to them! i gave them to my pearl jam fanatical boyfriend on a shiny new ipod for his birthday and needless to say, he was flabbergasted! these were the shows he went to, so i'm now the coolest girlfriend in the world! ;)

he dragged me along to my first pearl jam show (sydney 1) and i'm ever so thankful!!! i couldnt wait for the newcastle gig, and well, i was blown away by that as well.

pearl jam fucking rock! (as if you already didnt know...)
  • Options
    Yeah I have them all downloaded and was listening to them this morning. Was feeling a bit sad though when I realised it's now over a month since they were here. :(
  • Options
    Perth is quite echoey....

Crappy outdoor oval venues...
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Anyone want to update this because i'm still undecided.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    my advice: get them all!

haha, i didn't go to any shows bar syd 1 and newcastle, but i'm going to download them all... just because i feel it doesn't matter which ones are best, they're all different. you get a different experience listening to the song played slightly differently, and no matter how many times you may have heard it, it just opens up a whole new level of appreciation for the songs.

anyways, i never used to like pearl jam much. it took seeing a live performance to change my mind... and they just blew me away. now i want to see them more, more, more!

but instead, i'm just d/l lots of boots....

all hail pj!