• Bethpage Black?  What state?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    So Cal
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited September 2022
    Ah.   Great course to see a sunset.
    Ah.   Great course to see a sunset.
    Looking forward to it. Won’t get a full 18 in with a 5 pm tee time, but should be a nice couple hours 
  • The front nine has the best ocean view holes.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    ddeschler said:
    Ogletree says he wasn't concerned with taking Saudi money because "I did my own research, and talked to the smartest people I know."  Hmm.  Also says if he had won a LIV event without KFT status, he could've come right back to the PGA Tour.  Maybe not too bright.
    “smartest people I know”? sounds like something Trump would say.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited September 2022
    Well that is a lovely property. Get why it’s not the most strategic for pro, but I had a blast. I spent a lot of time in bunkers myself but had a few awesome shots. Shot 50 on the front, rental clubs, felt hurried early on, some shitty putts. Overall an awesome time. Skipped a couple holes on the back… the par 5 that goes out to the ocean and skipped to 14 and hit a 300 yard drive followed by what I thought was a perfect 2nd shot but was lost in the dark and nowhere to be found. End of round  

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    edited September 2022
    That course punished me the 1 time I played it.  Very long course, tangly rough, and the greens are sectioned so they play like tiny targets.  The ball doesn't go as far in that heavy marine air either.  I still haven't played the North course there.  The 2016 Weiskopf renovation has it looking good, and more playable than the South. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    That's great Cliff!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Glad you got out there.  I did alright on the front nine but fell apart on the back nine there.  Just atrocious.  Was fun though.  I did get a birdie though after I hit a worm burner that ended up pin high about 3 feet away.  I'll take it though.  

Now get yourself up to Bandon Dunes if you are on the West Coast already.  
  • Booked a tee time at Royal County Down and Royal Portrush next July.  Now the wait begins.   If you can get over to Ireland for a golf trip you need to do it.   I looked at international memberships but so far none make economical sense.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Booked a tee time at Royal County Down and Royal Portrush next July.  Now the wait begins.   If you can get over to Ireland for a golf trip you need to do it.   I looked at international memberships but so far none make economical sense.
    Those 2 are definitely on the bucket list.  Especially after watching the NLU tourist sauce series from Ireland.  But with 3 kids 5 and under, trips like that are many, many years away for me.
    edited September 2022
    I am in my 40’s and single with no kids and a job that allows for remote working, so it is easier to get over there.  I would like to start making an annual trek to Ireland as the courses and the people are so great.   
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Scotland too.  The wife wants to go to Edinburgh.  She can go look at the castle, and I'll go play Gullane and N. Berwick.
  • For some reason I don't get too excited about playing in Scotland, but definitely still want to go.  I really want to play Dornoch.   St. Andrews just looks like snooze fest to me without all the history.  
    Glad you got out there.  I did alright on the front nine but fell apart on the back nine there.  Just atrocious.  Was fun though.  I did get a birdie though after I hit a worm burner that ended up pin high about 3 feet away.  I'll take it though.  

Now get yourself up to Bandon Dunes if you are on the West Coast already.  
    Was a very quick trip for work. Was a really cool experience. No birdies for me. One par.  Was fun.  Definitely would like to get Bandon

For some reason I don't get too excited about playing in Scotland, but definitely still want to go.  I really want to play Dornoch.   St. Andrews just looks like snooze fest to me without all the history.  
    I don't know about this take.  The Old Course is consistently tons of people's favorite course in the world, not just for the history, but strategy too...including Tiger.

That said, I don't get as excited about the strategy as a lot of people since I'm not good enough to really think about it.  Do I try to hit a certain side of a fairway that will lead to an easier approach? Sure, but am I happy if I hit the fairway in general? Hell yes.
  • Same.  I unfortunately don’t know what my golf shots are going to look like as so inconsistent.  Always thinking about some new swing thoughts every round.  I would love to get to a point where strategy comes into play more instead of just trying to keep it in play.  

My comment was a little strong on the Old Course.   Hopefully get the chance to play it one day.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Same.  I unfortunately don’t know what my golf shots are going to look like as so inconsistent.  Always thinking about some new swing thoughts every round.  I would love to get to a point where strategy comes into play more instead of just trying to keep it in play.  

My comment was a little strong on the Old Course.   Hopefully get the chance to play it one day.
    I think of this every time I see one your posts

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Haha.  The name is like an old tattoo.  I haven’t listened or collected bootlegs in about 10 years, but I am stuck with it. 

Do you still juggle?  Ha. 
  • Rory looking good. 
    I love Wentworth 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Sergio WD then shows up at College Gameday. What a piece of crap.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    He is the absolute worst.  Takes someone else's spot in the tourney and then WDs because he had a shitty round.
    He is the absolute worst.  Takes someone else's spot in the tourney and then WDs because he had a shitty round.
    The fucking worst. Shame he won that Masters

• And now he's Mr. Fake Austin Guy.  Hook 'em Horns!  Get the fuck out, wanker.
    ddeschler said:
    And now he's Mr. Fake Austin Guy.  Hook 'em Horns!  Get the fuck out, wanker.
    Hear, hear 
  • This weasel  reed is playing his ass off
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Some LIV guys a bit higher on that leaderboard than I'd like, but those top 3 are glorious, along with Lowry's comments.
  • But he isn’t a true champion because they only played 54 holes.  :)

I love this.  Rivalry has finally made its way back to golf.  This is fantastic.  
    edited September 2022
    Well I just got a lifetime membership at Carne Golf Links in Ireland.  I'm hoping that it will pay for itself in the long run with discounts at other courses and rounds there. I need a Britney Spears style conservatorship.