Options

*** Brisbane 1 Fanviews Here 10/11/06 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    only got back from Brissy (GC) last night and may I just say while I have the chance that Jetstar suck!!!!

WHAT A SHOW! The crowd was buzzing as we all filed in to our seats - my Dad and I were up on the side (Mike's) 3rd row and they were great - Thanks 10C couldn't have asked for more given my number 394XXX!

Corduroy to open just got me spinning - "the waiting drove me mad" described my feelings completely and once I started bouncing and sining from the very first note I did not stop, I couldn't stop even if I wanted to because the VIBE of the crowd and the band were just SO AWESOME!

New stuff went off which was GREAT! Faithfull was such a lovely surprise. Betterman with the crowd doing the first verse to the chorus...Ed looked like he wasn't sure at first but gave us a chance and we delivered - Ed kicked it at the chours with a huge smile on his face - he was so happy with the crowd, could not stop thanking us - I am so glad for this - Thanks Brissy crowds, being from Melbourne I was worried after the Sydney SHIT but Thanks YOU ROCK!

Bit of Lukin action - just love it and Ed's standard description just before it -"Here's a sing-a-long" I JUST WENT NUTS!
    Then I was so STOKED - they did JEREMY which is my Dad's fav song he went off and was so happy......I kept thinking to myself "shit, can this get any better"

YES IT COULD - RVM, FUCK YEAH - I nearly fell off the balcony from bouncing and singing so much - went right off.

Encore 1 - what can I say, have a look at it people, it blew my mind!!! Off He Goes and Parachutes were just beautiful, followed by Given to Fly, DTE and GO - WTF!!!! KILL ME NOW AND I WILL DIE HAPPY!!!!!!!

Encore 2 - WAKE ME UP I'M DREAMING....SOLAT!!! OMG! BLACK..my fav song (didn't think they'd play it) and with a "we didn't belong together" tag, just brilliant!!!!

So at this point Dad and I are saying to eachother, that must be it....NO NO NO we get ALIVE, RITFW and Yellow Ledbetter - I MUST BE IN HEAVEN!!!

It's hard to find words worthy enough for this show - I LOVE PJ so much it hurts and all I kept thinking after it finished was - I HAVE THREE MORE NIGHTS OF THIS!!!!! YEAH.

Matt was insane - Even Flow drum solo - my Dad tapped my on the shoulder saying the thought his arms were going to come off...he was is awe watching him!!!!

Ed's voice was a little sore by the sounds of it and a few times he looked sort of worried with it - but in true Ed fashion he continued to belt them out with all that he had...THANKS ED, THIS IS WHY WE LOVE YA MATE!

Stone was doing some good rockin......and a crazy sort of 'robot' thing with his arms that had me laughing.....

Mike - well what can I say! and Jeff 'the guy who may have saved the world' (get the boot and this will make sense) just as great as always, Boom - good stuff!!!!

At one point when Ed was talking about Australians being so proud he looked over our side and I threw my arms up (and I noticed not many had theirs up but were clapping) anyway did the double PEACE sign with my fingers and he waved and smiled straight over our way!!! I am going to hope/pretend whatever, that he did that right at ME!!!!

Anyway, to my Melbourne pals, get some sleep and be ready to blow the roof off Rod Laver tonight - I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!!!!!
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    my ten club # is 241xxx and i was 5th row...? yours 3xx xxx i got ripped..lol
    up here in my tree..........
    www.myspace.com/godsdice feed me
  • Options
    my ten club # is 241xxx and i was 5th row...? yours 3xx xxx i got ripped..lol

3rd row up on side, section 8A, just at start of railing.....sorry man, I don't know how it works but I would still be happy with that...GREAT show tho !

Peace
    ~~The sea will rise, please stand by the shore~~
    ~~~~Oh I will be, I will be there once more~~~~

2006 Tour
    10/11 Brisbane
    13/11 Melbourne
    14/11 Melbourne
    16/11 Melbourne
    19/11 Newcastle
    25/11 Perth

Hall-le-lu-jah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    FUCK YOU! Fuck your mother, and fuck your dog.

I was at the first Sydney show too, which was amazing. We had 10C tickets just above the floor, to the side of the stage, about 20m away from Mike. There were no arseholes sitting down there. We had a ticket mix up in Brisbane, and ended up with crappy seats in the upper section. In general, the crowd in Brisbane seemed a lot more energetic, except for the fuckers in our section. They didn't even move for DTE, or evenflow, or even betterman! What does it take to get people off their arses? I even had some dickhead behind me ask me to sit down. I told him it wasn't a fucking opera. How about having some fucking respect for the band?

Ok, rant over. I feel slightly better. Apart from that, the show was amazing, much more energetic than sydney, and the crowd was singing much louder (apart from the wankers behind me).
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
  • Options
    ritfwritfw Posts: 6
    just as eddie ran up to our section i jumped over two rows to race down but he was gone, close enough to royalty for me. he was loving our corner all night. Rockin in the free world was franticcly spectacular, eddie even grabed mikes guitar and started playing a little. pearl jam and the kings kicked the cunt out of boondall and friday night kicked the shit out of my tolerence for all these other faggots that say the noise they make is called music, soley by blowing me away with good music. thankyou pearl jam - peace to you for now we will share again.
  • Options
    pearljammonkeypearljammonkey Brisbane Posts: 205
    im from brisbane and can i just apologise in advance to anyone who takes offence to those last two posts! :D
  • Options
    I was deflowered from being a live pearl jam virgin at the Brisbane 1 show, and oh my god, it was just as good as sex. I didn't have the best seat but, I would have sat right up the back behind a pole just to finally hear these guys live. The setlist was fantastic, a good mix of old and new. The highlight of my night was during the first encore when they played given to fly - eddie sang "and the waves came crashing" and the lights shone out over the crowd, it was fucking unreal.

I am now eagerly awaiting the next chance I get to see them.
  • Options
    Phew...I finally get to post. PC issues.

The gig!
    I had an awesome time. What annoyed me was.....

I seen the set list from the night before on here before we left to go to the gig, and wished I'd been there. I had sold friday row AP tickets as I had row AJ tickets for saturday night. Thinking the closer the better. Shit yeh, why wouldn't ya. I'm a third time viewer, from 03 and 16 years ago in Sydney, so I do have a passion.

Anyway. BLOW the promoters Tirple MMMMMMMM and others...read the story....

We were 10 rows from the front, Mikes side. only about 15 people could be bothered in front of me to dance, yell, punch the fist, alll the shit you do when the guys go off.

Fuck it annoyed me. The row directly in front didn't move and seemed upset they had to stand all night. 2 people next to us took a shopping bag with mars bars and treated it like night at the movies. I was most upset. The dude with his mars bars....all he could do was take recorded pics on his camera and ask his misses if pearl jam had released any albums.....FOOK! I deliberatly had to push my wife into that idiot as I was going nuts....just to stop him recording ED goining off.....I repsect the NO MOVIE RECORDING POLICY!

Anyway, thanks to chicks and dudes behind us. Cheers for helping us trying to start a WAVE. We love ya,and the dudes on the left of us. I may be getting old but I didn't stop jumping all night. And yes Ed with KOL rocked.

My suggestions if ED and the bOys read this. BLOW the promoters, and STOP them giving out tickets to NO BODIES who don't appreciate you. SELL YOUR TICKETS TO TRUE FANS that way you'll have an awesome time as will we.

BRING BACK THE MOSH PIT I SAY! It will stop losers and non-belivers entering. MY only other wish is I get to see you guys again.

TIP FOR CONCERT GOERS----Get early to your sets, drag them back to give you room to dance. The guys behind you will hate it but once everyones there they can't move em back...That way you can ROCK to dissident as hard as you want. AHHHHHH...Memories.

Another gripe, is I seen the set from the night before, similar but different. I can only feel upset the guys played it as they got the jist that most of the crowd are commericial fake fans and not the Jammers true spirit lovers. I felt that come across when they played even flow.

ED, You rock. Thanks. I hope to see you again. Turf the wankers and lets rock for REAL.
    TOUR AUSTRALIA-TOUR THE GOLD COAST-TOUR MY BACKYARD---SIGN PETITION HERE
  • Options
    Hey swinga you seem to be talking about the saturday night show. The crowd was definitely better on friday (except for the arseholes in my section), but I agree with you 100% There's nothing worse than being surrounded by a bunch of unenthusiastic pussies who make you feel guilty for trying to ROCK. I was so pissed off at the bastards behind me on friday that I decided to just ignore everyone else on saturday. As a result I enjoyed the saurday night show a lot more, although I feel sorry for the old fat guy next to me who sat on his hands all night and had to put up with me yelling my head off (he he he he). My throat is still sore.
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    great show - crap seats but I'm going again tonight and will be much closer. At least there were video screens for the first time. Thought the setlist was a bit boring (Faithful was fantastic, if only they'd play No Way) but it could have been a reaction to the Sydney show were they took more risks and the crowd didn't respond. Very cool how appreciative the band were. Was surprised to her Ed change it to "we didn't belong together" at the end of Black.

3 more hours till I'm there again. Might actually listen to K.O.L. this time. They sounded good from the bar.

crap seats? what do you call crap? i was in row X. that's the 3rd row from the back. but it was okay cause i got into my groove zone swaying and singing and i didn't care who around me was bothered.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I NEED the Brisbane one poster
    Will pay cash or can trade some other PJ posters.
    Perth 2003 Poster, and some promo stuff.
    Stupid me didn't buy the poster because I didn't have any room in my lugage to bring it back to Sydney.
    I need it to add to the collection of tour posters that I'm collection from the shows I'm going to.
    Sydney #1 '03/Sydney #1 '06/Sydney #2 '06/Sydney #3 '06/Brisbane #1 '06
    TEN CLUB #4******
  • Options
    Scubascott wrote:
    Hey swinga you seem to be talking about the saturday night show..

Yep sorry. In my haste to post about the infedels of sit on your hands, I posted here.....Drag my post over to Brisbane 2....Sorry Admin.
    TOUR AUSTRALIA-TOUR THE GOLD COAST-TOUR MY BACKYARD---SIGN PETITION HERE
  • Options
    Firstly, thank you to TenClub for the great seats! 6th row on Stone's side! Freakin unreal! What a nite!! First time my mum has ever gone and now she's the one around the house, 'let's put a PEARL JAM dvd on'....'Sure thing mum, no complaints from me'!! =)

The crowd was fantastic - everyone around me was jumpin and singing their hearts out, and the band definately responded to that i think! They were on FIRE!! I mean you expect huge crowd participation with the likes of Betterman, Black, Alive and Even Flow, but man, we went off to Parchutes, Off He Goes and Faithfull...FAITHFULL!! OMG what a treat!!

My dream came true with FINALLY seeing Yellow Ledbetter LIVE!! YEH BABY!!
    And now my biggest challenge - a thing called LOVE
    Well i guess i'm not as tough as i thought i was -

Who wants to fight temptation?....That's no fun...
  • Options
    Amy75Amy75 Posts: 12
    Swinga wrote:
    Phew...I finally get to post. PC issues.

The gig!
    I had an awesome time. What annoyed me was.....

I seen the set list from the night before on here before we left to go to the gig, and wished I'd been there. I had sold friday row AP tickets as I had row AJ tickets for saturday night. Thinking the closer the better. Shit yeh, why wouldn't ya. I'm a third time viewer, from 03 and 16 years ago in Sydney, so I do have a passion.

Anyway. BLOW the promoters Tirple MMMMMMMM and others...read the story....

We were 10 rows from the front, Mikes side. only about 15 people could be bothered in front of me to dance, yell, punch the fist, alll the shit you do when the guys go off.

Fuck it annoyed me. The row directly in front didn't move and seemed upset they had to stand all night. 2 people next to us took a shopping bag with mars bars and treated it like night at the movies. I was most upset. The dude with his mars bars....all he could do was take recorded pics on his camera and ask his misses if pearl jam had released any albums.....FOOK! I deliberatly had to push my wife into that idiot as I was going nuts....just to stop him recording ED goining off.....I repsect the NO MOVIE RECORDING POLICY!

Anyway, thanks to chicks and dudes behind us. Cheers for helping us trying to start a WAVE. We love ya,and the dudes on the left of us. I may be getting old but I didn't stop jumping all night. And yes Ed with KOL rocked.

My suggestions if ED and the bOys read this. BLOW the promoters, and STOP them giving out tickets to NO BODIES who don't appreciate you. SELL YOUR TICKETS TO TRUE FANS that way you'll have an awesome time as will we.

BRING BACK THE MOSH PIT I SAY! It will stop losers and non-belivers entering. MY only other wish is I get to see you guys again.

TIP FOR CONCERT GOERS----Get early to your sets, drag them back to give you room to dance. The guys behind you will hate it but once everyones there they can't move em back...That way you can ROCK to dissident as hard as you want. AHHHHHH...Memories.

Another gripe, is I seen the set from the night before, similar but different. I can only feel upset the guys played it as they got the jist that most of the crowd are commericial fake fans and not the Jammers true spirit lovers. I felt that come across when they played even flow.

ED, You rock. Thanks. I hope to see you again. Turf the wankers and lets rock for REAL.

You would of been proud of me! (if you knew which one I was). I had people either side of me though (including a friend), who did jack sh*t all night too. Glad I was front row so I didn't really have to look at anyone elses lameness.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Amy75 wrote:
    You would of been proud of me! (if you knew which one I was). I had people either side of me though (including a friend), who did jack sh*t all night too. Glad I was front row so I didn't really have to look at anyone elses lameness.

i don't understand how people can be at a concert and not move to the music. even during the ballads i have to sway.
    and don't worry from where i was sitting i saw ALL the lameness.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    because there are to many people in Australia who go to see them live but haven't bought an album since Vitalogy
  • Options
    Hey all
    4th row middle night one, but only becasue there were at least 6 no shows in our row and just in front, in the fan club area, I didn't get that but it meant we shuffled in and had all the room in the world, I for one was jumping like a jackhammer all night, it was physically and emotionally draining and I loved every second of it!!

My mate and I came over from NZ, (with the "Comeback to NZ" sign). It was unreal, I'm listening to the download right now and can't believe I was there. Night 2 was right up there, bring on the next tour!!
  • Options
    ritfwritfw Posts: 6
    i had my wm3 shirt and sang every fucking one loudly. c u in adeliade. wherever that is.
  • Options
    Was right in the middle of the Fan Club area (row 4). I've waited many years to finally see PJ live and my god did they deliver, after the outcome of the US elections I was expecting them to be pretty hyped up. Of all the live recordings I've listened to I've never quite heard the crowd get into it so much, other than some of the newer songs the crowd was singing the whole way through.

Sorry to the guys to our right if we where getting a bit too into it and to the guys on the left, hope you enjoyed our addition to concert ;)

Thanks PJ and thanks 10C for getting us up close.

So, when are they coming back? :D
  • Options
    a man we will soon forgeta man we will soon forget Brisbane Australia Posts: 35
    i agrre with all the people talking about the dicks who just sat there. i got told to sit down as well because some guy near me could not see. i could handle this if he was handicaped or something but he had legs. the worst thing about this guy was i heard him ask after go what song was that, that shited the hell out of me so after that i thought fuck you, you dont know shit now i dont feel bad about blocking your view and stood up for the rest. awesome show though, what a setlist and that tag to black well everyone before me has said how good it was and i agree. keep rockin pearl jam and hurry up and come back, cmon eddie you know you want to surf here again.
    Another man moved by sleight of hand.