Options

*** Brisbane 1 Fanviews Here 10/11/06 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
edited November 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
November 10, 2006 - Brisbane, Australia; Entertainment Center
Opening: Kings of Leon

Set List: Interstellar Overdrive (Pink Floyd), Corduroy, Last Exit, Animal, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Small Town, Faithfull, Marker In The Sand, Even Flow, Insignificance, I Am Mine, Wasted Reprise, Better Man, Lukin, Jeremy, Rearviewmirror;

1st encore: Off He Goes, Parachutes, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Go;

2nd encore: World Wide Suicide, State of Love and Trust, Black, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pearljammonkeypearljammonkey Brisbane Posts: 205
    I was in attendance, and it was good. very very good!!!! muahahaha sydney u suck - well according to Ed and dont tell me he says that about every previous town hehe
    nah but really it was amazing, long encores were sweet, I think the boys have realised the hardcore crowds will be on the 1st nights, even if it was a bit greatest hits until off he goes and parachutes. faithful went down well too! my first timein 10C seats 5th row stones side, i cant describe how special it makes the show being surrounded by other crazy fans

ed into crowd for a bit in alive
    RITFW and YL played with house lights on
    the band seemed overly appreciative to play to the brissy crowd
    ed fucked up in Go, and in Black after mentioning to someone in the front row "ive never seen that before".what was it? amy?!
    umm theres heaps other stuff but i just got home and my mind is a wash i need food! oh and if anyone runs into ed tonight make sure he keeps his promise - drinks are on him!
    Ed said he hopes all the same people turn up for night 2. well i dunno but ill be doin my best to make sure of not another sydney2
  • Options
    Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    I was in attendance, and it was good. very very good!!!!

Did they do the sit down acoustic thing like they did in sydney?
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • Options
    yeah for off he goes and parachutes
  • Options
    Brissy PhilBrissy Phil Brisbane, Australia Posts: 5
    In one word "awesome"!!!

It just seemed like hit after hit, and it never stopped... up there with quality and quantity.

My dream after 5 concerts was to hear Ledbetter for the first time and I got it. When they started RITFW I got worried cause I thought that would be it, but then after Mike took his guitar and shirt off, another guitar was handed to him and then I heard the intro... heaven.

I was at the Sydney 2 show and yeah I can say that the crowd there was just "different". I wrongly assumed that bigger stadium, more people would equal better show but it was the opposite. And I am not sure what came first the chicken or the egg in that did the band let the crowd down first or was it vice versa but it was a tough set for people wanting hits... the theme was new songs, b-sides, rarities, lost dogs and a generally darker setlist... all performed well for what they were, but hopefully you know what I mean and I am not sure whether this set the crowd at bay and then the band of what - but anyway, it was what it was but I have forgotten about all of that now after Brisbane tonight... WOW!!!

The guys were just so much more into us and the audience was giving more too - way more than Sydney 2.

What will tomorrow night bring!!! Bring it on!!!
    25 February 2014: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 23 February 2014: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 22 February 2014: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 26 January 2014: Big Day Out, Sydney Showgrounds, Sydney 24 January 2014: Big Day Out, Flemington, Melbourne 19 January 2014: Big Day Out, Metricon & Carrara Parklands, Gold Coast 12 March 2011: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 10 March 2011: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 25 November 2009: QSAC Stadium, Brisbane, Brisbane 11 November 2006: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane 10 November 2006: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane 8 November 2006: Acer Arena, Sydney 9 February 2003: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane 8 February 2003: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane 14 March 1998: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
  • Options
    wow. so much energy in the crowd. crowd sang the whole first verse.chorus of betterman - which doesnt usually happen in australia. band were very appreciative of a crowd that was so much more enthusuastic than sydney2.

highlight for me was the outtro to black. "time heals all wounds.. we didnt belong together...". havent heard that before. amazing stuff.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    wow. so much energy in the crowd. crowd sang the whole first verse.chorus of betterman - which doesnt usually happen in australia.

They did it at Brisbane 1 '03 as well.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    well they should be good with that song here as its about the only PJ song played on the radio in brisbane!
  • Options
    23Kev23Kev Posts: 2
    I think this is about my 5 th post here or so, but after such a good concert I felt compelled to write!!

As everyone has said, it is easily the best setlist they have ever played in Brisbane and after hearing lots of bootlegs probably the best PJ concert I've heard...big call I know, but I was there, I know what it was like!!

Only song I wished they'd played was Crazy Mary, but thats just me! :D I got to hear that in '03 so I'm happy.

World Wide Suicide, State of Love and Trust, Black, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter....I just don't think it could get much better to end a concert than this.

PJMonkey: I was in 10C also, 4th Row Stone side...were you guys wanting Black the whole time, if so, we were right in front of you, had a chat after. If not, well I'm like you, was so amazing to be around other huge PJ fans, make so much difference!!

All up, I give it 100 starts out of 5... :D:D:D

p.s. I'm still singing Faithful and Life Wasted in my head!
  • Options
    well its all been said before, now i'm gunna say it again. the show was awesome. black, WWS, state, and rocking in the free world were definite highlights for me. the syndney crowd must have really sucked because the kings of leon mentioned it, and ed did 2 or 3 trimes. ed congratulated jeff on getting behind the montana democrat, helping them to take control of the senate - he may have saved the world! lets get political here people - lets finally get rid of the dickhead john howard!
    Melbourne: 17/March/95, 18/March/95, 2/March/98, 3/March/98, 19/Feb/03
    Brisbane: 10/Nov/06, 11/Nov/06, 25/Nov/09, 10/March/11
  • Options
    awf18awf18 Posts: 2
    Oh man, what a gig, I've seen them twice in Europe this year and that ever bit as good. To finish with RITFW and Yellow Ledbetter was just awesome.

It was great to be with all the 10C fan who really appreciate the band and vice versa.

As for front row during Black, they all linked up and moved together, i think Ed liked that.

Anyway, great show!!!
    Verona 16/09/06
    Milan 17/09/06
    Brisbane 10/11/06
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283
    I've waited so long to hear SOLAT in Brisbane. I am one happy gal right now. It's just that one song that i have always wanted to see in my home town. Last night was fantastic.

Anychance they would do it again tonight, when i have good seats, instead of the crapola ones i had last night (serves me right for never signing up for 10c tixs!)

Ps, this is my first post but i've been a fan for about 14 years
    I have no signature
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    i'm jelous the brissy show sounded awsome, and it sounds like the boys got into it. I made it to the1st sydney show and i'm going to the 3rd, it dissapoints me that ed said sydney was crap, because it went off in the 1st show, dissapointed and annoyed at the 2nd show crowd for not getting behind them, hopefully we can all get behind them in the 3rd show, i know i will be singing to every word. But having said that i seem to remember in 03 ed said that sydney was better than brissy, but hell, this isn't about nsw qld bashing, its about us uniting for the pearl jam cause. I hope all of u going tonight will have an awsome time, don't make the same mistake sydney2 did. I hope for the 3rd show we get state of love and trust, yellow ledbetter and jeremy, i'm still yet to see them. every other song they sing is gold. 'be loved' ev
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    yeah for off he goes and parachutes
    Someone please remind me why I chose to skip out on Brisbane?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    SOLAT?!
    Faithfull?!!
    Off He Goes?!!!

I think I'm about to cry..
  • Options
    at least you got something....

(sorry Kat....i was meant to be there..i cant help but post)

[size=+3] YOU LUCKY MOTHER FUCKERS [/size]
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    sounded like a great show good to see the crowd back...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    T C HT C H Posts: 85
    did anyone else notice ed sign/write something on one of the tambourines before throwing it into the front row? can someone tell me what it said???
    I've got a Gibson without a case, but I can't get that even tanned look on my face...
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Ed autographed the tambourine and wrote Australia PJ show # ____ and gave it to our buddy Bruce from Stinson Beach, who's been a longtime fan. Pretty special moment. As was the "Black." This gal Laura from Melbourne had us all in the front row link arms and start to sway, and that's when Ed said "I've never seen that before." It also threw him off a bit as he sang the 2nd verse twice. While the setlist may not look all that special on paper, it was an amazing show. You Brisbane folks rock and I sure hope the room is filled with the same crew tonight! And yeah, the Sydney 2 folks should be embarrassed. They got a great show and just didn't bring the energy at all.
  • Options
    AZAAZA Posts: 86
    What a great show, I was 2nd row in front of Mike. I saw them in 03 from the same place and the energy from the band and crowd was WAY better last night. Mike's interaction with the crowd, pointing out people and waving was really cool. It seemed like they went out of their way to provide a really energetic show and even though the setlist was not anything spectacular in terms of rarities etc, it was still great. Cannot wait till tonight even if my seats are shit.
  • Options
    Brissy PhilBrissy Phil Brisbane, Australia Posts: 5
    Hey everyone,

Any advice here please!?!? In 2003 I had 4th row in Brisbane and having maintained my Ten Club membership and number I had 6th row in 2006 - not disappointed at the end of the day but was surprised.

Does this just mean that there were lots of Ten Club members who didn't want tickets in 2003 and more interstate members more senior than me getting tickets in 2006?

Thanks.
    25 February 2014: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 23 February 2014: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 22 February 2014: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 26 January 2014: Big Day Out, Sydney Showgrounds, Sydney 24 January 2014: Big Day Out, Flemington, Melbourne 19 January 2014: Big Day Out, Metricon & Carrara Parklands, Gold Coast 12 March 2011: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 10 March 2011: Eddie Vedder, QPAC, Brisbane 25 November 2009: QSAC Stadium, Brisbane, Brisbane 11 November 2006: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane 10 November 2006: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane 8 November 2006: Acer Arena, Sydney 9 February 2003: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane 8 February 2003: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane 14 March 1998: Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
  • Options
    great show - crap seats but I'm going again tonight and will be much closer. At least there were video screens for the first time. Thought the setlist was a bit boring (Faithful was fantastic, if only they'd play No Way) but it could have been a reaction to the Sydney show were they took more risks and the crowd didn't respond. Very cool how appreciative the band were. Was surprised to her Ed change it to "we didn't belong together" at the end of Black.

3 more hours till I'm there again. Might actually listen to K.O.L. this time. They sounded good from the bar.
  • Options
    I was sitting in a very "polite" pocket of the crowd and kept worrying that I was singing along to loud. I vaguely remember Ed fucking up his timing at one point and the band had to ignore him to get the song back on track.
  • Options
    I got the very last tour poster in the whole place!

After Kings of Leon finished their set, me and my bud went to check the merch. I desperately wanted a poster so I patiently waited in line for 15 minutes. By the time I got there, no posters were laying on the bench behind the counter. I asked if any were left, so the girl checked out back...nothing...oh but wait, there was still the one that was blu-tac'ed to the wall. SCORE! My bud, who was in line behind me, missed out. Sorry dude!

That was a great concert. I wish that the 10c tix didn't have seats so you could go up front and mosh, rather than stand there like stunned mullets.
  • Options
    BeccBecc Posts: 2
    I am shattered to hear that Eddie said we were crap. I have been on cloud 9 ever since leaving the concert, it was amazing. I unfortunately had shithouse seats but absolutely loved every minute of it. The set was awesome and PJ was absolutely outstanding. Ed did say we were better than Syd1. A very close friend of mine works on Nova 106.9 and she interviewed Mike who said Syd2 was an awesome crowd. Oh well all that matters is the music and it was.................... Im sure you would all agree very hard to put into words. What an amazing band and what an awesome fan base.
  • Options
    Did anyone get there in time to hear Kings of Leon? And how were they live?
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    Yeah I saw them. That lead guitarist is freaking insane. They were brilliant, of course. A few new songs which were just awesome.

It's a shame that the bootlegs don't include the KOL set.
  • Options
    Agreed brissy night 1 was so amazing! and when ed ran down into the crowd adn then jumped up those steps i thought the security gurads were going to have kittens! That was just too wicked! it was a rocking awesome night! (and mike at the end with no shirt was alright too ;) ) it has been an exhausting week, but the most amazing week too.. i cannot wait for sydney 3! should be a great night ( and hopefully they can redeem themselves in ed's eyes.. although i still had a brilliant night!! ) my highlight was when ed looked at my sign smiled and nodded at me.. " thanks for everything pj" i wanted to say more on it but thats all the room i had... i think they understood! :)
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    Hinny wrote:
    Someone please remind me why I chose to skip out on Brisbane?

sorry guys, this thread i know is for those that were there, but man do i regret not going either!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    5th row in front of stone..............words can not explain....amazing FUCKING AMAZING... I remember walking away from brisbane 1 in 2003 thinking it was great but lacked a little energy being 1st show of the world tour i guess it was understandable...but this year the whole joint went off like a chinese firecracker....i think the crowds participation helped pump the band up and yes they did reward us...?
    2009 bring it on...!!!
    28 songs... i dont think they wanted to stop playing
    up here in my tree..........
    www.myspace.com/godsdice feed me
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    FRONT ROW just off to the side of Mike! THANK YOU GUSTOPHOLIES!!!!

AND...

EDDIE SLAPPED MY HAND AS HE RAN ALONG THE FRONT OF THE FRONT ROW!!! Then he ran back and I grabbed his arm! I still haven't washed my hand!!!! (...not!) ;):D

Tig....Wish you were there!!!

Thanks again, Gus!

My 10c seats were 6th row centre-ish. Leigh sat there and loved it too!

Crowd was fucking awesome!

:D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★