The National Football League

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mickeyrat said:
    heres hoping for a career ending injury.

dont give a fuck so save your comments.

team settles with 30 women, afraid of discovery?

fucknut settles withv20 then 3 more.

no evidence you say?
    Agree.  No point in arguing with someone who admittedly is doing it because a)Browns are his team and B) likes to soft troll/play devil's advocate.

Totally hope this guy plays less than a full season and they have go eat the contract. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Man the AFC is loaded, specially at QB

Whoever makes the SB will be tough to beat
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    My beloved (or hated depending on the day) Miami Dolphins have had their loser owner suspended for a month and docked a 1st and 3rd round draft pick for tampering in trying to acquire Brady. It's the type of tampering that every team probably does, but only franchises as inept as the Dolphins get caught. They appear to be in the clear though regarding Flores' tanking claims. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mickeyrat said:
    heres hoping for a career ending injury.

dont give a fuck so save your comments.

team settles with 30 women, afraid of discovery?

fucknut settles withv20 then 3 more.

no evidence you say?
    Agree.  No point in arguing with someone who admittedly is doing it because a)Browns are his team and B) likes to soft troll/play devil's advocate.

Totally hope this guy plays less than a full season and they have go eat the contract. 
    While this is mostly true, that doesn't mean I am not bothered by teh holes in the NFL's argument for a year long suspension.  Their precedent for VIOLENT acts has been six games.  No one has put forth the argument that Watson was violent, yet the NFL argues that a non-violent scenario is a full year plus another review.  That's BS and that's what the judge said.  The NFL argued that this situation was unprecedented, but the judge's counter was that an unprecedented situation does not empower the NFL to create new rules.  This is why the number is six games vs 8 or a full yeaer. 
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    CROJAM95 said:
    I think its lenient cause of Bob Kraft and his sticky situation, or maybe Jerry and his Prostitutes or maybe Snyder and the Cheerleaders.

NFL has let the owners slide, tough to give Deshaun the full year and have people cite owners "GETTING OFF" No pun intended, looking at you Mr Kraft

Funny how Deshauns camp came out yesterday saying they expected ZERO games, Sure......just BS posturing 
    100%

This Washington thing sure is getting swept under the rug. Funny how Gruden was dealt with so swiftly as a side piece to the investigation,  yet not a peep about the Washington environment. 

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    If there’s one thing I trust, it’s an NFL investigation, and if Stephen Ross HAD offered money to his coach to tank games, they absolutely would be honest & forthright about it. 

Glad that matter’s put to bed. 🙄
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    My beloved (or hated depending on the day) Miami Dolphins have had their loser owner suspended for a month and docked a 1st and 3rd round draft pick for tampering in trying to acquire Brady. It's the type of tampering that every team probably does, but only franchises as inept as the Dolphins get caught. They appear to be in the clear though regarding Flores' tanking claims. 

Good timing on this to cover up the Watson verdict, huh?

Or am I looking too deep into this?

Why would the NFL want to 'cover up' the Watson decision?  They pushed for more and the federal judge ruled the other way.  
    mrussel1 said:

Why would the NFL want to 'cover up' the Watson decision?  They pushed for more and the federal judge ruled the other way.  
    To have people stop talking about an NFL player still in the league for multiple sexual misconduct settlements?  Just a thought?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    How many dildos will fly if Watson suits up @ Buffalo

i bet many many dildos 
    mrussel1 said:

To have people stop talking about an NFL player still in the league for multiple sexual misconduct settlements?  Just a thought?
    There was never a chance he would be out of the league unless no team was willing to sign him. 
    mrussel1 said:

I actually thought you meant the opposite; that they're releasing the Dolphins story at the same time as Watson's so that the Dolphins story doesn't get as much attention as it normally would. Watson's a lost cause. He'll always be a pariah and his ridiculous contract with the Browns isn't going away. The league is stuck with him for the foreseeable future. As for the Dolphins, the league seems to take "integrity of the game" violations more seriously than deplorable and even violent behavior (Brady suspended 4 games for cheating, Ray Rice suspended 2 games for uppercutting his girlfriend as an example). I think they wanted to punish the Dolphins, but they don't want people harping on it because it's TAMPERING to talk to Brady on a boat. And tampering is BAD! In most circles, tampering isn't as bad as rape or assault, but the NFL isn't "most circles." I also think the NFL cleared the Dolphins from Flores' "tanking" claims because, again, god forbid the integrity of the game be compromised. But I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen Ross did offer Flores money to lose. The league just wants it to be forgotten. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mrussel1 said:

I actually thought you meant the opposite; that they're releasing the Dolphins story at the same time as Watson's so that the Dolphins story doesn't get as much attention as it normally would. Watson's a lost cause. He'll always be a pariah and his ridiculous contract with the Browns isn't going away. The league is stuck with him for the foreseeable future. As for the Dolphins, the league seems to take "integrity of the game" violations more seriously than deplorable and even violent behavior (Brady suspended 4 games for cheating, Ray Rice suspended 2 games for uppercutting his girlfriend as an example). I think they wanted to punish the Dolphins, but they don't want people harping on it because it's TAMPERING to talk to Brady on a boat. And tampering is BAD! In most circles, tampering isn't as bad as rape or assault, but the NFL isn't "most circles." I also think the NFL cleared the Dolphins from Flores' "tanking" claims because, again, god forbid the integrity of the game be compromised. But I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen Ross did offer Flores money to lose. The league just wants it to be forgotten. 
    That is fishy too, no pun intended.  Brady had the convo with him.  Why doesn't he get popped for something?
    mrussel1 said:

Rape and assault are crimes that have the force of law.  I'm not sure I believe there is a need to go much beyond the law.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    mrussel1 said:

That is fishy too, no pun intended.  Brady had the convo with him.  Why doesn't he get popped for something?
    It's not against the rules for players to be involved with these talks, only the teams are in violation of the rules, so by the NFL bylaws Brady did nothing wrong.

As for Brady, the reason he's not being punished is because the NFL's anti-tampering policy puts the onus on teams to report any outside tampering. Basically, the team that does the tampering can be punished, but the player can't. If the Dolphins reached out to Brady first, then they were the ones who tampered. On the other hand, if Brady reached out first, then the Dolphins were supposed to report that to the NFL. 
    Here's the exact wording of the rule from the league's anti-tampering policy
    "If a club is contacted by a player (or his representative) who is under contract to or whose negotiating rights are held by another club, and such player has not been given permission to negotiate with other clubs, or such player is not in a permissible negotiating period under the terms of an operative collective bargaining agreement, then the contacted club is prohibited from (i) negotiating with the player or his agent; (ii) discussing even in general terms the player's possible employment with the contacted club; or (iii) discussing the player's contract or his potential or ongoing contract negotiations with his current club."

This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's not against the rules for players to be involved with these talks, only the teams are in violation of the rules, so by the NFL bylaws Brady did nothing wrong.

As for Brady, the reason he's not being punished is because the NFL's anti-tampering policy puts the onus on teams to report any outside tampering. Basically, the team that does the tampering can be punished, but the player can't. If the Dolphins reached out to Brady first, then they were the ones who tampered. On the other hand, if Brady reached out first, then the Dolphins were supposed to report that to the NFL. 
    Here's the exact wording of the rule from the league's anti-tampering policy
    "If a club is contacted by a player (or his representative) who is under contract to or whose negotiating rights are held by another club, and such player has not been given permission to negotiate with other clubs, or such player is not in a permissible negotiating period under the terms of an operative collective bargaining agreement, then the contacted club is prohibited from (i) negotiating with the player or his agent; (ii) discussing even in general terms the player's possible employment with the contacted club; or (iii) discussing the player's contract or his potential or ongoing contract negotiations with his current club."

Interesting, now the other dumb question.  The two actually discussed his contract and such?  I mean I guess they did since the Dolphins are losing draft picks.

Asking the questions because I haven't followed the story closely.
    mrussel1 said:

The league cares about the integrity of the game only when it suits the league’s interests. 

If they were to acknowledge a team intentionally tanked, it opens up a Pandora’s box questioning the credibility of not only the Dolphin’s but the entire league. They can’t have that with all the money involved in sports books and fantasy football. 
    edited August 2022
    If Brady had initiated the conversation w/ Miami, I think he would be subject to discipline & not the team, as I understand it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited August 2022
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    If Goodell imposes a harsher sentence,  the NFL will be sued in federal court.  If that happens,  Watson will be on the field all season. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    mrussel1 said:
    If Goodell imposes a harsher sentence,  the NFL will be sued in federal court.  If that happens,  Watson will be on the field all season. 
    I would rather see Watson sue, play this year and then be suspended next season. That way missing game checks would be sizable instead of the minuscule amounts they would be this year. The league allowing his contract with the Browns to be really low this year to lessen the amount he would lose during a suspension is shameful. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I would rather see Watson sue, play this year and then be suspended next season. That way missing game checks would be sizable instead of the minuscule amounts they would be this year. The league allowing his contract with the Browns to be really low this year to lessen the amount he would lose during a suspension is shameful. 
    Agree.  
    The Browns are hot trash

mrussel1 said:
    Agree.  
    The Browns are hot trash

Your tears are nourishing. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Zero chance the NFL wins in federal court.  Plus,  all of its Kraft, Jones,  and other dirty secrets become discoverable, because it's the basis for their defense.  That's no good for the league. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Agree.  
    The Browns are hot trash

🔥 🗑 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Agree.  
    The Browns are hot trash

🔥 🗑 
    Cock and balls,  please
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mrussel1 said:

its allowed under the cba....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

its allowed under the cba....
    yeah, I’m pretty sure Brady’s suspension for deflategate was upheld because, in a nutshell, Goodell can do whatever he wants. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Agree.  
    The Browns are hot trash

🔥 🗑 
    Cock and balls,  please
    Sounds like a massage request from Watson….well except for the “please” part. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs: