So what upcoming shows are you currently holding tickets to?

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Just bought four GA floors and four reserved seats to JWIII in Portland, Maine, on August 23 as part of the four-for-$80, all-in "Summer's Live" sale.

I almost bought tickets for Wu-Tang and Nas as well, but then luckily realized that the date is the same as RHCP at Fenway. I go to so few concerts these days. Crazy that two I want to see would be on the same damn day!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Watchmen/I Mother Earth Aug 13
    Fab Four Sept 8
    Sheepdogs Nov 22
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    9/3 Pearl Jam in Ottawa
    9/11 Pearl Jam at MSG
    9/16 Outlaw Music Festival in Mansfield (Billy Strings, Avett Bros., Willie Nelson) 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    07/30 D.O.A. 
    9/22 PJ - Denver CO

Starting a new job in early August… have to hold off on making any other plans.  They were made aware that Im going to Denver for the PJ show prior to accepting the gig lol

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I went to Phish last night so that is a sign of the apocalypse so if I were you I'd head to higher ground...
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    I went to Phish last night so that is a sign of the apocalypse so if I were you I'd head to higher ground...
    Haha. What'd you think about the show?
    jjflash said:
    Haha. What'd you think about the show?
    The whole experience in general was good. I don't understand why 40+ year olds still do Nitros?  Shakedown street was an event all in itself.  Man the things that I saw there that the cops just let go...  I have 2 great pics of a guy smoking a bowl w the state troopers literally behind him and a Wook pulling a cart with a full on bar on it, lol.

So, didn't have a ticket.  Was hoping to get a freebie or worst case get a cheapie up top.

Got a 1/2 priced ticket to lower bowl.  Never saw the seat.  Got subbed down to GA.

1st set was really good.  That Antelope song was fun.  Band was good.  I like when they play not when they sing.

2nd set?  They played this jazz song where they play all the wrong notes and it fucking triggers me.  The crowd seemed to enjoy off putting notes though...

It was fun for my first show and being in GA but won't do it again.  If I do I will just hang in Shakedown street and people watch, lol.
    I have questions. 

For starters, whats’a a Wook? And what’s Shakedown Street?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I have questions. 

A wook, or wookie is usually, but not limited too, a person whom has dreads, a beard and dresses crusty, wears at least one or more of the following, tye-dye, hemp, sandals, whom often engages in shady activities and indulges a wee bit on the heavy side. I actually how close I am to a Urban dictionary definition?

Shakedown Street is a song by the Grateful Dead and a place where people following the band set up tents and have their own community and sell their wares be it food, clothing, drugs, booze or Nitros balloons, lol.  It is quite the spectacle.
    dankind said:
    I have questions. 

A wook, or wookie is usually, but not limited too, a person whom has dreads, a beard and dresses crusty, wears at least one or more of the following, tye-dye, hemp, sandals, whom often engages in shady activities and indulges a wee bit on the heavy side. I actually how close I am to a Urban dictionary definition?

Shakedown Street is a song by the Grateful Dead and a place where people following the band set up tents and have their own community and sell their wares be it food, clothing, drugs, booze or Nitros balloons, lol.  It is quite the spectacle.
    This sounds like where I wound up at the only GD show I attempted to attend. I had to flee. The sounds they were making were just way too sloppy.

Anyway, I always just called that area the parking lot. I didn't know that it had a special name.

My Deadhead friends always give me grief because the show I left was apparently a legendary one. I simply couldn't take it. The parking lot, er, Shakedown Street, was an absolute blast, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    I have questions. 

This sounds like where I wound up at the only GD show I attempted to attend. I had to flee. The sounds they were making were just way too sloppy.

Anyway, I always just called that area the parking lot. I didn't know that it had a special name.

My Deadhead friends always give me grief because the show I left was apparently a legendary one. I simply couldn't take it. The parking lot, er, Shakedown Street, was an absolute blast, though.
    https://youtu.be/VBwz4trY16M
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    I have questions. 

You have taught me things today. I thank you. 😁
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    edited July 2022
    what in god's name was that. and does he have some sort of alien variation of the stickman tattoo?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    I have questions. 

No idea how any woman could resist those charms
    This weekend we rock Portland

1st pic is of a wook pulling a full bar around. 
    2nd pic a person was tired and decided to hit his bowl right by the cops, lol. 
    3&4 are of Shakedown st. Wooks a plenty. They should call it the Cantina… 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    While most likely illegal, you gotta give it to the guy....the portable bar is pretty clever. 

People watching on Shakedown Street/The Cantina is always a good time.

Who's the long-haired Wook in the bottom left corner of the last picture? ;)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I hope there aren't any of these "wooks" (aka dirty rotten hippies) at The Dream Syndicate show we're going to tonight, haha! Probably doesn't matter though because with my trashed ears, I may not last more than 5 minutes anyway.  Which is OK because I wanted to support one of my favorite bands and at least get a taste of their live sound.  And there are few bands for me that would serve as well as TDS for being my last live show.  I am very determined to never go see live music again.  I just don't have enough hearing left to be able to do it any longer. 
    There's no crying in baseball!  It's been a long and wonderful trip!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    brianlux said:
    I hope there aren't any of these "wooks" (aka dirty rotten hippies) at The Dream Syndicate show we're going to tonight, haha! Probably doesn't matter though because with my trashed ears, I may not last more than 5 minutes anyway.  Which is OK because I wanted to support one of my favorite bands and at least get a taste of their live sound.  And there are few bands for me that would serve as well as TDS for being my last live show.  I am very determined to never go see live music again.  I just don't have enough hearing left to be able to do it any longer. 
    Enjoy the show.....they played in L.A. this week but the venue was a bit far away, and as I get older, it is more and more difficult to go to gigs during the week.
    added Teenage Head (80's canadian punk rock act) Aug 18 (and Trent Carr from Headstones is touring with them!). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JOEJOEJOE said:
    brianlux said:
    Enjoy the show.....they played in L.A. this week but the venue was a bit far away, and as I get older, it is more and more difficult to go to gigs during the week.

Thanks, Joe.  Will let you know how it goes!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    brianlux said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    brianlux said:

We are seeing John Fogerty tomorrow night at the Hollywood Bowl.....always amazing to see CCR songs performed live!
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    brianlux said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    brianlux said:

We are seeing John Fogerty tomorrow night at the Hollywood Bowl.....always amazing to see CCR songs performed live!

Very cool!  Great to hear he is still out there doing it!  And what a great venue at which to see the man!

Waiting waiting waiting haha, forgot about that aspect of club shows!

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    brianlux said:
    How was the show?
    brianlux said:
    How was the show?

Great, but LOUD!!!  I had to wear ear plugs AND headphones, but stayed for the whole first set.  The evening was a real mixed bag.  I loved seeing this, one of my most favorite bands, but like most rock music today, it was too loud and I couldn't sleep much last night with my tinnitus bumped up to extreme.  The songs were great and right before the break (at which point I had to leave), they played my favorite Dream Syndicate song, "Glide".  That was amazing! 
    One sad, sad note about the show, there were probably only 3 dozen people in attendance.  I can't understand how the turn out could be so low.  I felt so bad for this great band who have been doing it for 40 years to only have 36 or so people show up.  A major WTF. 
    I'm waiting for my wife to send some pictures she took on her phone.  Also a 45 second clip of "Glide", but for some reason she is having trouble sending them.
    Thus ends my 57 years of seeing great live music.  After the show we went to a quiet place with outdoor seating for a late desert and my wife expressed sadness when I told here I won't be doing any more live music shows.  I told her, "There's not need to feel sorry for me!  I am so luck to see so much great music all these years.  And what a great way to cap it all off!" 
    Truly, it's been terrific!
    Here's the one pre-show photo she has been able to send to my email:
    IMG

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    Just two shows at the moment

Kiss - August 20 here in Melbourne 
    RHCP - Feb 2023 also here in Melb. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    jjflash said:
    While most likely illegal, you gotta give it to the guy....the portable bar is pretty clever. 

People watching on Shakedown Street/The Cantina is always a good time.

Who's the long-haired Wook in the bottom left corner of the last picture? ;)
    Lol. You know that’s me Dave!
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    May have an extra 9/6 for Nothing More in ATL
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    How was the show?

Great, but LOUD!!!  I had to wear ear plugs AND headphones, but stayed for the whole first set.  The evening was a real mixed bag.  I loved seeing this, one of my most favorite bands, but like most rock music today, it was too loud and I couldn't sleep much last night with my tinnitus bumped up to extreme.  The songs were great and right before the break (at which point I had to leave), they played my favorite Dream Syndicate song, "Glide".  That was amazing! 
    One sad, sad note about the show, there were probably only 3 dozen people in attendance.  I can't understand how the turn out could be so low.  I felt so bad for this great band who have been doing it for 40 years to only have 36 or so people show up.  A major WTF. 
    I'm waiting for my wife to send some pictures she took on her phone.  Also a 45 second clip of "Glide", but for some reason she is having trouble sending them.
    Thus ends my 57 years of seeing great live music.  After the show we went to a quiet place with outdoor seating for a late desert and my wife expressed sadness when I told here I won't be doing any more live music shows.  I told her, "There's not need to feel sorry for me!  I am so luck to see so much great music all these years.  And what a great way to cap it all off!" 
    Truly, it's been terrific!
    Here's the one pre-show photo she has been able to send to my email:
    IMG

I am glad you enjoyed the show, but I am sorry about the hearing situation you are going through. When I was younger, it was a badge of courage to go to a show and have the ringing and muffled hearing for days after a loud show. The only thing that probably saved my hearing from becoming really bad was that when I joined the Navy and started having kids, I stopped going to  a lot of shows because of not having the funds to go and the hassle of finding someone to watch the kids. We have started to go back to shows in the last few years, but we wear ear plugs. It might not be very rock and roll, but my over 50 year old ears certainly appreciate it.