***What's growing? The official garden thread***

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    The birds will eat them too.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    My Italian girlfriend/ partner made fig preserve from her dads glut of figs. Very nice . Only sugar and figs
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Sounds great. Love fresh figs.
    lots of hot peppers from my garden. Got some beat up peaches, sugar, lemon. Really great.
    Well done lou takes a lot of work
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Thanks. It's really satisfying. Probably give a lot away. I am excited I figured out how to enjoy/preserve piles of hot peppers.

Easy refrigerator pickles. Onion, cucs, hot peppers stringbeans onions dill. Vinegar sugar water a little salt. Let it sit a bit. So fresh and yummy.
    I may have to try  that. I have all those  ready.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

^^^Nice. Really easy. Just do it to taste and enjoy. Throw whatever in there and eat it within like 3-weeks. They won't last forever. You can tell when they start to go bad. 
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2022

Tomatoes 

Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
    Bump for harvest time.
    Whachagot?
  • 1 million tomato.  I found i loved roma toms the  most. 1st time growing them and a wonderful crop
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Nice. I think I'll try them next season.

I'm getting lots of tomatoes. Did a green zebra one and it's great low acid. I might cook up a batch of salsa later. Never made it before but trying to think of creative ways to keep up with the harvest. Pole beans doing great too. Cucumbers still producing and some peppers. 
    Planted turnip seeds in 8/27 and they have sprouted. Should be a good fall crop. Pumpkin patch has 1 and lots of flowers. 1 pumkin out of about 10 plants. Not a great yield but just growing them for fun.

Lou's best peach, charred 7 pepper, heirloom tomato salsa.

Used chili, red and purple bell, jalapino, hungarian hots, cowhorn, some other peppers. Green zebra, yellow german stripey, dark star, celebrity, cherry, berry tomatoes. A couple onions, sugar vinigar, salt pepper, garlic. It's killer. A little sweet with a nice hot after-burn. 'Pats self on back'
  • Well done that effort  is something  im jealous of.  Wonderful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

All good man. I have fun with it. I attack it in little stages. So what could take a focused couple hours gets spread though the day. Chop stuff, let it sit. Chop more stuff...do stuff i need to. Then it all comes together. 
  • Beautiful  to use it all. I hate when my stuff goes off from my laziness that  took months of nurture to grow. Then i fail  at the vital using it up stage
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

carrots slowly getting there. A lot of stuff goes to waste, but I see it as feeding the decomposers. Not really waste. Just not used by me. Back to nature.

Frost hit my plot so had a bunch of green tomatoes and a pile of peppers. First time I made green tomato salsa. I've become a salsa madman. It's really good. Still have some green tomatoes. Maybe do fried tomatoes.
    Cleaned up my plot at home. Still have turnips and carrots growing. They don't mind a light frost. 
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Love grilled peppers. Those look delicious! 
    Yes. They are super yummy. Get sweeter while they burn. I chopped them up and added to the salsa. That charred stuff adds a great layer of flavor. I am a salsa god!
    Even dropped a few in the fire trying to get them off. Nice and ashy.
    frosty turnip green snack and carrots going to my bud
  • Beautiful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07