*** Pearl Jam Amsterdam, Netherlands Fanviews 7/25/22 ***

Comments

• BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Back at the hotel and thinking about the night. My 3rd show of the tour. Never seen the Ziggo Dome so full! GA was packed in tight  You could see Eddie wanted to give it everything tonight. Very cool setlist. My highlights were Pilate, Hard to Imagine was amazing. Footsteps and of course Purple Rain was insane! I was in shock when Mike totalled his guitar! 

Ed was struggling toward the end but I gotta say...watching from tier 1 block 111 (great seats) the Pit and GA looked electric! Put UK GA to shame I have to say. Amazing atmosphere down there and all around the arena. 

Great vibes. Thanks Amsterdam x
    Definitely not. It looked brand new & probably a Mexican & he usually plays his Les Paul for rotfw so he knew exactly what he was doing. Last night on tour as well, let is all out
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 140
    Great night once again! The thing about this band is you see them for the 24th time and still get to hear songs you never heard them play before! First time full W.M.A. (love that song) and Mankind! Alright sounded really good, would have loved to hear more off Gigaton, and Purple Rain was a very cool surprise!! First five songs were absolutely great, NAIS opener followed by Off He Goes, which is one of my favorites!! Great to hear Pilate again and Indifference was beautiful! Wasn't expecting too much regarding Ed's voice, so was much better than expected. Could see he was struggling sometimes, but way more than good enough! Hope they come back to Europe soon!
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
  • wimbeldinowimbeldino Posts: 28
    The Rock said:
    HZ245969 said:
    Glad for everyone who was there and could enjoy the final tour show with a killer setlist. Did the Band said any words about the situation last week and the cancallations?
    Ed talked about the doctor from Amsterdam who treated him, and he said if he'd met this doctor in Paris after that show then he thinks the band may not have had to cancel any shows. He seemed very grateful, showed some photos on the screen of the doc treating him. 

Ed looked so relieved when he sang the first line of NAIS. Grabbed his throat and had a big smile, like he was so happy it still worked.
    Are there any photos of the screen where they showed the Doc photos?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    We are at the airport way too early with another delayed flight and now able to collect our thoughts on last night I think. It is actually still hard to process it all to be honest. The whole week in Europe and all of the cancelations had us thinking there would definitely be no show last night. 5 shows cancelled in a row for us (plenty of other fans had the something similar happen) and we were just waiting for the inevitable announcement. We went for a boat ride on the canal and a bike ride in the park. Stayed off social media as much as we could then a text came from a friend while we were on the train back to the hotel that the show was a go in some form. We still did not believe it. We talked to another couple of fans on the train and they were reluctant to believe it as well. Then the momentum started to build and messages being sent out it was definitely a go. The hype started building again for us and we were in full concert ready mode again!

The venue itself is spectacular. Very different than our arenas from home. We met a bunch of great friends inside, all who also could not believe this thing was happening. We found our seats and noticed the stools were out for the band. We knew they were likely mixing it up  with a slower start tonight. I love the slower songs. Slow start and slow first encore gives these guys a chance to throw in some less played songs and that’s exactly what they did at the start of this show. 

Nothing As It Seems as an opener! Thought of Dimi right away. Must of been a great moment for you. Eddie’s voice while noticeably hoarse was great enough to pull it off. The next 3 were all great as well. Alright is a song I thought they would be playing more and happy to have heard it. WMA in full was out of nowhere and the crowd was very into it. Then lift off happened as Eddie described it and the crowd was way better than I expected for the faster songs. Lots of people were sitting but everyone around me was standing and bouncing around. 

We knew Eddie was going to need some help and glad Stone chose Mankind. Then the most requested song  was performed! So thankful to David and Ashton for getting their request into the band and then playing Hard To Imagine. Never thought the show would happen and never thought that song would happen and easily one of the best concert moments of our lives. My wife’s reaction was all that I expected and they played it perfectly!

The rest of the show was just out of this world. With plenty more memories and highlights and way too many words already in this post. I would like to add that I truly feel for the fans that tried to make a show on this leg or the last leg and got nothing out of it. Hopefully you can make something in the fall or catch the next tour in the following years. Thanks again Pearl Jam and Eddie for pulling this one off! 
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 493
    From Twitter 

• aF142117aF142117 Posts: 109
    The Rock said:
    HZ245969 said:
    Glad for everyone who was there and could enjoy the final tour show with a killer setlist. Did the Band said any words about the situation last week and the cancallations?
    Ed talked about the doctor from Amsterdam who treated him, and he said if he'd met this doctor in Paris after that show then he thinks the band may not have had to cancel any shows. He seemed very grateful, showed some photos on the screen of the doc treating him. 

Ed looked so relieved when he sang the first line of NAIS. Grabbed his throat and had a big smile, like he was so happy it still worked.
    In my opinion, in this kind of throat pb (probably an inflammation) the first treatment is rest, local corticoids, or pills, over all Let’s time doing the job and stop smoking. 
  • stef1885stef1885 Posts: 19
    Friends of mine went and said it was excellent.  Very jealous they got Purple Rain and Black Diamond - would  have loved to see that.
    1992-02-28 London England ULU
    1992-06-06 London England Finsbury Park
    1992-07-25 Denver, Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
    2007-06-18 London England Wembley
    2018-06-18 London O2
    2018-07-17 London O2
    2022-07-08 Hyde Park
    2022-07-09 Hyde Park
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    I have not enough words to describe this show. Band was on fire, crowd was on fire and this set!!! Tears almost falling. I am still too emotional today to put words on it and still can't believe this show really happenned. It's like a dream.
    A big thank you to the guy next to me in sec 102 who give a sticker to my son. He was so happy because he wanted it but the lignes for merch were too long and we abondonned. He put it proudly on his night table next to the sticker of his first show in 2018. You seemed to be a great man mister checkman 

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
    You know the Pearl Jam rule about a show starting with "Wash" being a great one?  Add a new rule to Pearl Jam live: if the show is a night 2 in Amsterdam, it will also be incredible.  Looks like you all got a great one!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 363
    edited July 2022
    Thank you Pearl Jam, thanks the nice&funny Fans and thanks to the beautiful city of Amsterdam for another very special and WONDERful time! I am still in high spirit and just grateful and happy for the WOW night! To me, the concert/ setlist was perfect under the circumstances and PJ was on fire! They are just the best musicians ALIVE and getting better and  better!!! Uhhhh let the music be the spirit just to keep on .... dancing 
    VIVA Pearl Jam and thank you sooo much for never letting us down 💚
    and my faves were Alright and all others!  
    Post edited by breakmarysfall on
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Amazing! That wasn’t his special ‘59 (really ‘60) Fender?
    No friggin way.  I remember him busting up another strat at a show and Ed joking about why wasn’t he smashing the ‘59? That said I just watched a longer clip and man he went apeshit! Took out his amp and pedal board too
    Whew! I didn’t think he would, but got worried looking at that clip!
    Never seen him play anything but a LP on RITRW so I knew something was up
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited July 2022
    vant0037 said:
    You know the Pearl Jam rule about a show starting with "Wash" being a great one?  Add a new rule to Pearl Jam live: if the show is a night 2 in Amsterdam, it will also be incredible.  Looks like you all got a great one!
    YES to this
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    I'm sure those who were there will remember it forever! 

The first 5 songs filled me with envy! 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    I still processing the whole epic night.. 
    I need time to express the whole feeling

My craziest  dream. came true.
    See NAIS Opener.... And Acoustic.... 

Then all went down in epic level.. 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Ozone BabyOzone Baby Northern Germany Posts: 41
    I freaked out by hearing, that Black Diamond will be played. But sadly, during the song the whole crowd was like dead, no moving. Even more less than during Shame was playing..
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    I freaked out by hearing, that Black Diamond will be played. But sadly, during the song the whole crowd was like dead, no moving. Even more less than during Shame was playing..
    I was in the back on the floor and everybody went wild on Black Diamond. I think only the people around you were standing still
  • Ozone BabyOzone Baby Northern Germany Posts: 41
    Robbert said:
    I was in the back on the floor and everybody went wild on Black Diamond. I think only the people around you were standing still
    I was seating beside the stage and filmed it. The whole front crowd in GA was like freezed
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My daughter is a huuuuge fan of Harry; anybody have a photo of Ed wearing Harry s jacket?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    INSANE NIGHT!

Don’t get what people see as cool in destroying instruments. 
    Couldn’t agree more…
    rustedsigns
  • aF142117aF142117 Posts: 109

NAIS was played for the 100 time yesterday 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    aF142117 said:

NAIS was played for the 100 time yesterday 
    Εpic statistics
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    INSANE NIGHT!

Couldn’t agree more…
    I don’t see why it even has to be explained. It’s a fun thing to see! Has been since what, the beginning of rock n roll. If you don’t like it then...idk? Look away? 
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 334
    Last weeks were crazy with the cancelation of Vienna, Prague and AMS 1. We were trying to keep our spirits up travelling the cities nevertheless, but after the cancelation of night one, there was nearly no hope left for this show to take place. And even though we have tried to make the best out of the situation every time, we were pretty exhausted and it wasn´t that easy anymore to switch from the anticipation of the shows to just hanging out and having fun after the third canceled show.
    We even went sightseeing during the day in AMS, as we were certain, that there would not be a show.
    So when we found out, that it would take place, we were all tensed and not sure what to expect.

And when Ed started singing, you could tell, that he was being cautious. His voice sounded a bit different and fragile in the beginning, but still really good. And then we did not just got more than expected, but also one of the best shows of the tour imo. NAIS was such a great opener and I was so happy to get to hear HTI and Alright, too.
    I am so grateful for the band giving their best and to "not leave this part of the world without playing another show". Ed said, that Jeff heard him warm up in the hotel in the morning and said, that he thought, that they were fucked. And it was just too cute when Ed showed pictures of him going to the doctor in Amsterdam.
    Obvoiusly Ed took breaks by letting Stone, Mike, Matt and Josh sing at times, but at one point he was like "F.. it. I am not allowed to sing for the coming month so I will just give all I have now!" Made me a bit anxious to be honest, but I hope that everything will be fine, now that his voice can rest for the coming weeks.
    And once again, you could tell that the band and Josh and Boom were having a blast.

Of course we were also confused and a bit angry at times for the late cancelation notices (we were already inside the venue in Vienna, ready to go to the floor etc.), but I could not be more grateful for the band giving us a perfect closure to this tour.

On this tour I´ve got to meet the best people and made new friends, travelling through Europe and sharing our love for the band and as I´ve said, we were able to get through this together, comforting and supporting each other, when needed.

So, thank you Pearl Jam for giving us these amazing shows and especially the last one.
    And thanks to this wonderful community.
    Can not wait to do this again! Hopefully next time with less trouble travelling, no more cancellations and less worries all in all lol.     

• marcusjemarcusje Posts: 4
    I was sitting beside an American couple. He saw PJ 73 times and he told me that this show was one of the best. I saw PJ 8 times and must also admit that the show was unbelievable. The band was on fire, killer setlist and Eddie was as in his younger days. 
  • TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216
    INSANE NIGHT!

Couldn’t agree more…
    I also agree. Showed it to my younger son. He said "Oh no, he should have given me the guitar and also the box and the effects board instead of destroying them" Mike must have been fucking angry...
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    INSANE NIGHT!

Couldn’t agree more…
    I don’t see why it even has to be explained. It’s a fun thing to see! Has been since what, the beginning of rock n roll. If you don’t like it then...idk? Look away? 
    It may be fun for you but it’s not for me. 
    rustedsigns
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    I watched the whole thing with a huge smile.  I was in disbelief that the show was actually going on.  I almost left town after the disappointment of the late cancellation of night 1 and the impossibility of Ed being ready a day later.   Also the huge smile because the setlist seemed like a reward to the hardcore fans that stuck it out.  The whole thing was Hard to Imagine, if you will.  Sorry.  I’ll remember this show near the top with the No Code show in Moline and my first show at Randall’s Island, NY in ‘96.  Special thanks to Freddie from Belgium for being my ticket buddy and for an awesome night!
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    A lot of energy from “next generation” fans near us on the floor.  Mostly some cool Germans from Cologne.  Moshing and crowd surfing to Alive, Evenflow, RITFW, even Better Man.  You don’t see that in the States.  Good on ya.  As long as you’re not kicking anyone in the head.  I didn’t see any injuries.  Really took me back to when I was a young fan.  But they would do that the whole show back then!  I think I still have the bruises (and brain damage).
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Is Mike ok? Christ!!
  • federcinifedercini Posts: 4
    ZIGGO DOME HORROR STORY 

It took me few days to write this post.
    I had to process what happened. I had to put myself back together to be able to tell this and to tell it as it should be told: with clarity. Because it is a very important matter. 

When the first Amsterdam concert got canceled, though worried and sad for Eddie’s conditions, we kept on believing that the second date was going to happen according to schedule. So - let aside some general tension and the usual smart asses trying to dodge the queue - we decided to maintain the same order of the line that we established on date number 1.
    Well aware that this second date wasn’t going to be managed by the Ten Club, we promptly contacted the security working for the Ziggo Dome to make sure that everything would work well, for us as well as for them. Since Boothy was there, we hoped that everything was going to be just fine, we got also reassured by the agreements we had in place with the people from Ziggo Dome to manage the line. Everything was actually fine until half an hour before the opening of the venue. 
    The security staff had us stand in line of 25, based on the order of our arrival. They even explained to us that they were going to open one door at a time to let us in in a fair manner. 
    But no. Few minutes before the due time CHAOS just begun.
    Suddenly we’re told that they changed their minds and decided to open all the doors AT THE SAME TIME. All of them, those with us standing in line of 25 people, others with line formed by 100 people and also the lines with people who arrived just few hours before. 
    We were shocked, so we asked to speak to the head of the security of the Ten Club, Boothy. We were answered that the decision to open all the doors at the same time came directly from him. In person. 
    I can only speak for myself, but I attended tons of Pearl Jam concerts. In my experience, so far, any event managed by the Ten Club has been almost always perfect in terms of organization and respect of the fan base. So I personally do not believe for a minute that all this has been Boothy’s fault. 
    Anyway. 
    All the doors opened SIMULTANEOUSLY. If this story sounded bad so far, wait for what’s coming. It will seem to you like a horror movie just as it seemed to us. 
    Tickets were scanned; we got to the body search part and… 
    SOMETHING HAPPENED. A man, who by that time appeared to us like the Head of security for Ziggo Dome, went inexplicably crazy, started shouting at us, and violently pushed us outside. Tired and frustrated of waiting in line, in the streets, for three straight days (some of us had experienced  already THREE cancelations) we reacted and shouted back. So violence increased: a friend of mine got shoveled around; another one’s ticket got canceled and this friend of mine was told he couldn’t enter the venue; another friend got pushed and hit even harder. And as for me, a petite girl who weighs scarce 110 pounds, someone lifted me up by the t-shirt (that I was given for present by Mike McCready, if it ended ripped I promise I wouldn’t be here writing this) and shoved me with violence on the door and then outside the entrance of the Ziggo Dome. 
    I’m shocked by the violence they used against me and many other people around me, a violence I had never witnessed in years and years of attending concerts. They treated us as if we were the worst terrorists in this world. 
    Eventually we passed this “security control” area and we finally entered the pit. We had 200 people in front of us, but what kept troubling us the most was that we couldn’t understand the reason of all this. Why? 
    I wanted to share this story not only because thanks to these individuals we got late to a concert for which we standed in line for three straight days, but mostly because we were ABUSED and ATTACKED in a violent way. And the latter must not go unseen. 
    It is unacceptable that people get treated this way by those who are supposed to make sure that everything happens safely. They call themselves “the security” for this purpose. 
    It is unacceptable that a tiny girl like me ends up lifted up, shoved against a door and then outside. I got injured. But I’m lucky because easily I could have ended up severely injured. 
    This is unacceptable. 
    The band we love has always fought for people’s rights; especially women’s rights, they have always been against any kind of violence. Our band has always payed attention that every concert they play happens in a safe manner. We always felt safe, protected somehow. 

This time something very serious happened, our band will never accept this kind of behavior against their fans. 
    And we will not stay in silence. 

I have been told that many others had a similar experience, so please, if you want, share your story here, so that everyone will know what really is the Ziggo Dome Horror Story.