*** Pearl Jam Amsterdam, Netherlands Fanviews 7/25/22 ***

13»

Comments

• Er tibbiaEr tibbia Posts: 24
    federcini said:
    ZIGGO DOME HORROR STORY 

It took me few days to write this post.
    I had to process what happened. I had to put myself back together to be able to tell this and to tell it as it should be told: with clarity. Because it is a very important matter. 

When the first Amsterdam concert got canceled, though worried and sad for Eddie’s conditions, we kept on believing that the second date was going to happen according to schedule. So - let aside some general tension and the usual smart asses trying to dodge the queue - we decided to maintain the same order of the line that we established on date number 1.
    Well aware that this second date wasn’t going to be managed by the Ten Club, we promptly contacted the security working for the Ziggo Dome to make sure that everything would work well, for us as well as for them. Since Boothy was there, we hoped that everything was going to be just fine, we got also reassured by the agreements we had in place with the people from Ziggo Dome to manage the line. Everything was actually fine until half an hour before the opening of the venue. 
    The security staff had us stand in line of 25, based on the order of our arrival. They even explained to us that they were going to open one door at a time to let us in in a fair manner. 
    But no. Few minutes before the due time CHAOS just begun.
    Suddenly we’re told that they changed their minds and decided to open all the doors AT THE SAME TIME. All of them, those with us standing in line of 25 people, others with line formed by 100 people and also the lines with people who arrived just few hours before. 
    We were shocked, so we asked to speak to the head of the security of the Ten Club, Boothy. We were answered that the decision to open all the doors at the same time came directly from him. In person. 
    I can only speak for myself, but I attended tons of Pearl Jam concerts. In my experience, so far, any event managed by the Ten Club has been almost always perfect in terms of organization and respect of the fan base. So I personally do not believe for a minute that all this has been Boothy’s fault. 
    Anyway. 
    All the doors opened SIMULTANEOUSLY. If this story sounded bad so far, wait for what’s coming. It will seem to you like a horror movie just as it seemed to us. 
    Tickets were scanned; we got to the body search part and… 
    SOMETHING HAPPENED. A man, who by that time appeared to us like the Head of security for Ziggo Dome, went inexplicably crazy, started shouting at us, and violently pushed us outside. Tired and frustrated of waiting in line, in the streets, for three straight days (some of us had experienced  already THREE cancelations) we reacted and shouted back. So violence increased: a friend of mine got shoveled around; another one’s ticket got canceled and this friend of mine was told he couldn’t enter the venue; another friend got pushed and hit even harder. And as for me, a petite girl who weighs scarce 110 pounds, someone lifted me up by the t-shirt (that I was given for present by Mike McCready, if it ended ripped I promise I wouldn’t be here writing this) and shoved me with violence on the door and then outside the entrance of the Ziggo Dome. 
    I’m shocked by the violence they used against me and many other people around me, a violence I had never witnessed in years and years of attending concerts. They treated us as if we were the worst terrorists in this world. 
    Eventually we passed this “security control” area and we finally entered the pit. We had 200 people in front of us, but what kept troubling us the most was that we couldn’t understand the reason of all this. Why? 
    I wanted to share this story not only because thanks to these individuals we got late to a concert for which we standed in line for three straight days, but mostly because we were ABUSED and ATTACKED in a violent way. And the latter must not go unseen. 
    It is unacceptable that people get treated this way by those who are supposed to make sure that everything happens safely. They call themselves “the security” for this purpose. 
    It is unacceptable that a tiny girl like me ends up lifted up, shoved against a door and then outside. I got injured. But I’m lucky because easily I could have ended up severely injured. 
    This is unacceptable. 
    The band we love has always fought for people’s rights; especially women’s rights, they have always been against any kind of violence. Our band has always payed attention that every concert they play happens in a safe manner. We always felt safe, protected somehow. 

This time something very serious happened, our band will never accept this kind of behavior against their fans. 
    And we will not stay in silence. 

I have been told that many others had a similar experience, so please, if you want, share your story here, so that everyone will know what really is the Ziggo Dome Horror Story.
    What happened is simply absurd and disgusting
  • hd1072hd1072 Posts: 158
    looks like a tremendous show! does anyone happen to know what Shame's opening setlist was? thanks!
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    hd1072 said:
    looks like a tremendous show! does anyone happen to know what Shame's opening setlist was? thanks!
    sorry mate..  i checked google but really no clue.   I'm gonna check them out again.  Actually enjoyed the performance.  Cool funny band with some insane lyrics.
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • LoefieLoefie Posts: 6
    HZ245969 said:
    Thx. Good that he´s back. But im still sad that i couldn´t see them on sunday  :'(
    Yep, me too!!!! Happy for the folks who were able to see them on Monday, but still very sad about what happened on Sunday and missing out on a party as well. Especially sad for my son (13 yrs.), who was going up for his first PJ show. He was angry at first and very, very disappointed later on.

I'll probably know better, but I hope they'll return soon and make up for it. Although they played the last show, there are still a good bunch of people who were not able to see them because of the cancellations. But then again, if this was the worst thing that could have happened......
  • sander_jam76sander_jam76 Posts: 111
    federcini said:
    ZIGGO DOME HORROR STORY 

I was all the way in front of line at ring north when the doors opened. The security manager you described was standing in front of us and looked very on edge, a woman and child next to me took a step forward as soon as the doors opened and the man shouted to get back and wait. Then when everyone was allowed in, there seemed to be no issue until I got through the security, and then I heard shouting (in Dutch, something like "hold the line") and people rushing forward through to the pit from the left of me. To me it seemed like a lot of enthusiasm and security who was unprepared and worried about people skipping security checks, I don't know. I hope there are some improvements based on your story, seems like a shitty deal if you were caught up in that :(
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 992
    federcini said:
    ZIGGO DOME HORROR STORY 

I had to process what happened. I had to put myself back together to be able to tell this and to tell it as it should be told: with clarity. Because it is a very important matter. 

When the first Amsterdam concert got canceled, though worried and sad for Eddie’s conditions, we kept on believing that the second date was going to happen according to schedule. So - let aside some general tension and the usual smart asses trying to dodge the queue - we decided to maintain the same order of the line that we established on date number 1.
    Well aware that this second date wasn’t going to be managed by the Ten Club, we promptly contacted the security working for the Ziggo Dome to make sure that everything would work well, for us as well as for them. Since Boothy was there, we hoped that everything was going to be just fine, we got also reassured by the agreements we had in place with the people from Ziggo Dome to manage the line. Everything was actually fine until half an hour before the opening of the venue. 
    The security staff had us stand in line of 25, based on the order of our arrival. They even explained to us that they were going to open one door at a time to let us in in a fair manner. 
    Suddenly we’re told that they changed their minds and decided to open all the doors AT THE SAME TIME. All of them, those with us standing in line of 25 people, others with line formed by 100 people and also the lines with people who arrived just few hours before. 
    We were shocked, so we asked to speak to the head of the security of the Ten Club, Boothy. We were answered that the decision to open all the doors at the same time came directly from him. In person. 
    I can only speak for myself, but I attended tons of Pearl Jam concerts. In my experience, so far, any event managed by the Ten Club has been almost always perfect in terms of organization and respect of the fan base. So I personally do not believe for a minute that all this has been Boothy’s fault. 
    Anyway. 
    All the doors opened SIMULTANEOUSLY. If this story sounded bad so far, wait for what’s coming. It will seem to you like a horror movie just as it seemed to us. 
    SOMETHING HAPPENED. A man, who by that time appeared to us like the Head of security for Ziggo Dome, went inexplicably crazy, started shouting at us, and violently pushed us outside. Tired and frustrated of waiting in line, in the streets, for three straight days (some of us had experienced  already THREE cancelations) we reacted and shouted back. So violence increased: a friend of mine got shoveled around; another one’s ticket got canceled and this friend of mine was told he couldn’t enter the venue; another friend got pushed and hit even harder. And as for me, a petite girl who weighs scarce 110 pounds, someone lifted me up by the t-shirt (that I was given for present by Mike McCready, if it ended ripped I promise I wouldn’t be here writing this) and shoved me with violence on the door and then outside the entrance of the Ziggo Dome. 
    I’m shocked by the violence they used against me and many other people around me, a violence I had never witnessed in years and years of attending concerts. They treated us as if we were the worst terrorists in this world. 
    Eventually we passed this “security control” area and we finally entered the pit. We had 200 people in front of us, but what kept troubling us the most was that we couldn’t understand the reason of all this. Why? 
    I wanted to share this story not only because thanks to these individuals we got late to a concert for which we standed in line for three straight days, but mostly because we were ABUSED and ATTACKED in a violent way. And the latter must not go unseen. 
    It is unacceptable that people get treated this way by those who are supposed to make sure that everything happens safely. They call themselves “the security” for this purpose. 
    It is unacceptable that a tiny girl like me ends up lifted up, shoved against a door and then outside. I got injured. But I’m lucky because easily I could have ended up severely injured. 
    This is unacceptable. 
    The band we love has always fought for people’s rights; especially women’s rights, they have always been against any kind of violence. Our band has always payed attention that every concert they play happens in a safe manner. We always felt safe, protected somehow. 

This time something very serious happened, our band will never accept this kind of behavior against their fans. 

I have been told that many others had a similar experience, so please, if you want, share your story here, so that everyone will know what really is the Ziggo Dome Horror Story.
    I got caught up in it as well & was being scanned & when the security guy told the staff to stop what they were doing then. I asked the girl was the show off & then security came to me & others in a very aggressive manner & herded us outside for about 5 minutes which seemed like an eternity. Everyone who was around me was worried they wouldn't get back in & the poor kid who was scanning tickets had no idea what was happening but did say to the security that we were ok to go in when it was ok. Have no idea what it was all about & it seems to be a total cock up from the numbering system to actually getting in. 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 740
    BALLBOY said:
    federcini said:
    ZIGGO DOME HORROR STORY 

Anyway. 
    This is unacceptable. 

I got caught up in it as well & was being scanned & when the security guy told the staff to stop what they were doing then. I asked the girl was the show off & then security came to me & others in a very aggressive manner & herded us outside for about 5 minutes which seemed like an eternity. Everyone who was around me was worried they wouldn't get back in & the poor kid who was scanning tickets had no idea what was happening but did say to the security that we were ok to go in when it was ok. Have no idea what it was all about & it seems to be a total cock up from the numbering system to actually getting in. 
    Awful story. By 'numbering system', what do you mean with that?
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 992
    Robbert said:
    BALLBOY said:
    federcini said:
    ZIGGO DOME HORROR STORY 

Anyway. 
    This is unacceptable. 

Awful story. By 'numbering system', what do you mean with that?
    The numbering system seemed to started by people who were in line from the Sunday show that was cancelled & wanted to keep the 10c line in tact for the 2nd show even though it wasn't a 10c show. The security were counting the people in the lines as the first 200 were supposed to be let in first. The funny thing was that people who were got there after me got onto the rail as they they opened all the gates at once so the numbers were not needed at all. You could tell not long before the gates were open that something was up, lots disgruntled people who had slept outside for 3 or even 4 nights to get to the front, that is their choice. The situation was ridiculous when we got pushed outside by the security but I didn't back down to them & only heard that people had their tickets cancelled & physically ejected when I read this story
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • CK35242CK35242 Posts: 4
    I am so appreciative of the dedication Eddie made to my best friend and Pearl Jam travel partner. I truly couldn't believe it at first when he started talking about Sonya and her husband, Joe. Thank you, Eddie! It was perfect and meant so much. ❤️❤️❤️
  • clashmanclashman Posts: 320
    Great Show! Dont want to Ruin it for you Dimi but: Playing a Song seated does not mean Its accoustic.... 
  • Great sound on the bootleg! 
  • leespjleespj Liverpool Posts: 172
    C'mon TC put the photos on the tour history page. I can't wait. 
    Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• marcusje said:
    Great sound on the bootleg! 
    Right!? Best sounding bootleg I've heard yet, the mix is amazing
  • MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    Given Eddie's voice was still recovering, he sounded fantastic on the first verse of purple rain, outstanding in fact.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    the bootleg is unreal..blowmind
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    marcusje said:
    Great sound on the bootleg! 
     its epic!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”