Walk on music: Metamorphosis-(Glass) 9:34
Band Onstage: 9:35
Band Offstage: 11:53

01. Release
02. Animal
03. Last Exit
04. Lukin (has slight intro)
05. Corduroy
(Visibly emotional Ed praises the audience and thanks them for coming.  He also praises opening band, Idles.)
06. Retrograde
07. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
08. Garden
09. Dance Of The Clairvoyants
10. Even Flow
11. Daughter/WMA 1:40 (Ed sings that it is okay for a white American man to make a mistake.  He then pleads/demands that we let women make mistakes and choices and tells the government to keep their hands out of women’s vaginas.)
12. Never Destination
(Ed checks on the audience.  He praises the band’s crew and the number that have been with them since the beginning.  He has special mention for George Webb who had never before missed a show.  Ed jokes that George has been to two more shows than he has.  George caught Covid and couldn’t come to this show)
13.  Jeremy
(Ed is pleased to see so many familiar faces in the front rows of the shows.  They had no idea that it would be so long before they could play and are glad so many people came back.  He said he asked them what they wanted to hear.  So the next song is by request of the front row.)
14.  Inside Job
15. Do The Evolution
16. Black
(Annoyed by the light pointing at him while trying to talk he asks for all the stage lights to be turned off and the audience to turn on their flashlights to light the venue.  He speaks very movingly about Roskilde. During the song, video Jeff filmed at the memorial is played)
17.  Love Boat Captain
18.  Porch

Encore break

Ed praises the Danes for their gun control laws.  Notes they were worried they wouldn’t be able to play after the tragic shooting that happened near this venue a few days before.  He angrily comments on a U.S. politician who said what is probably the dumbest thing he has ever heard.  This politician tried to claim that strict gun control can’t prevent mass shootings and used the Copenhagen shooting as an example.  Ed points out that there have only been two mass shootings in Denmark’s history.  Both in the last seven years. Meanwhile the United States of America has had over three hundred this year alone and it is only early July.
He then sings a cappella  “Don’t let them win” several times and Hey Now, Hey Now from the Crowded House song “Don’t Dream It’s over” -
Don’t Dream It’s Over-:30 seconds a cappella two lines repeated.

19. Better Man (no tag)
20. Alive
21. Rocking In The Free World-(Young)
(Joe Talbot from the band Idles comes onstage and plays tambourine for part of the song)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Tagged:

Comments

• Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    edited July 2022
    Another solid show.  
    Retrograde was great to hear and really well played too.  
    Nice to hear Garden again so soon after Frankfurt! Not so rare now?! Haha. 
    I thought tonight was the most animated I’ve seen Stone in years.  Jumping around early in the set.  On his knees at one point.  He really seemed to be loving it. 
    Rest of the band were too of course.  

Ed very emotional throughout I thought.  

My least favourite of three shows so far though , after Zurich and of course Frankfurt.   

But still, outstanding playing and the band put everything into it.  

So glad to have been here tonight.  
    Looking forward to Hyde Park too but less excited for back to back shows than usual. 

Spoiled I think I have been !! 
    Post edited by Peasant Tents on
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Stone must have been inspired watching the Idles set - if I am not mistaken (and I very well can be) he watched the whole set from Mike side of stage.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    I had an absolute blast! 

The set wont set the world on fire, but the experience was fantastic! 

Touched Mike's guitar 😅

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Release 11Release 11 Posts: 77
    I’m sorry for ever doubting this band. I have seen them 30+ times and this was topp 5. 

But golf is a great game 😀
    92 Roskilde
    96 Cork, Dublin, London x 2
    00 Barcelona, Stockholm
    03 Uniondale
    06 Verona, Milan
    07 London, Copenhagen
    09 Berlin
    10 Dublin, Belfast
    11 Alpine Valley x 2
    12 Amsterdam x 2, Stockholm, Oslo
    13 Brooklyn x 2
    14 Amsterdam x 2, Berlin, Stockholm
    16 MSG x 2
    18 Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    22 Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Thanks Sea.. We had a great night 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Today I saw the most important band of the 2022 opens for the best  live band ever
    IDLES is a must see band.. Just wow
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Looks like they intend to play 25 songs. That’s a good sign even if they didn’t get them all in 
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    Today I saw the most important band of the 2022 opens for the best  live band ever
    IDLES is a must see band.. Just wow
    Incredible band, IDLES. Saw them at Glasgow Barrowlands in February and it revolutionised the way I see live music. I met Joe round the corner from my hotel on Monday and he was a top bloke.

Tonight, it was just great to be back and see the band again after nearly four years. I thought the band were on fire but I thought it was a safe set for a safe crowd. A lot of people looked incurious around where I was (Stone's side). But Eddie very emotional tonight with a great voice and high energy on the stage for sure. Watching IDLES must have put a spring in their step but then again, I have nothing else from this tour to go by.

Great day and night!
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Idles was amazing. Although this was not the best environment to see them, but I haven't felt as excited as I did tonight in a long time. There they finally were, playing most of the songs I wanted to hear. Pretty much their standard festival set minus a couple of songs. There's many festival shows on YouTube from this summer, have been watching them a lot lately. The other guitarist went into the crowd during the first song... didn't think that would happen here.  

PJ was great and delivered a solid set with lot of emotional moments. The opening three songs were a highlight, Release opener (my second one in the 20 shows I've seen) and then followed by the attack of Animal and Last Exit. Magical. Setlist didn't feel short at all. Nice touch inviting Joe from the Idles onstage during RITFW. He seemed so shy and humbled compared to earlier. Also cool seeing Josh with the band for the fist time.

Krakow next week. Can't wait.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Thank goodness for different tastes, I absolutely hated the Idles. Most people around me did, especially the women I think 😄 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited July 2022
    Idles is not my type of music. But you cant deny the pure fucking energy from the stage and their charm. 

Never seen Pearl Jam as good as the start of this show - release > animal > last exit.  They did what Stone talked about in the PJ20 doc: Went out and killed. 

What a streak of songs untill Retrograde came and killed all momentum. They got it back afterwards though. 

Amazing. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrk2 said:

Nice touch inviting Joe from the Idles onstage during RITFW. He seemed so shy and humbled compared to earlier.
    Looked like he didnt know what to do up there. Eddie imitating his stage moves.  haha. He seemed lost after a while and escaped. Eddie looked after him like ”what the hell..?!”. haha. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    JPPJ84 said:
    Thank goodness for different tastes, I absolutely hated the Idles. Most people around me did, especially the women I think 😄 
    I am a 54-year old woman and IDLES kick ass. Stop with the stereotyping. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • cjoreacjorea Posts: 69
    edited July 2022
    SOLAT319 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    EDIT: To be fair, I think I got this wrong, but I'll leave the following (since it seems applcable under many other similar "circumstances")... However: JPPJ84 is good people, and her OP was not written as intended....

Last line in original comment reads like "... a disease in the brain, called masculinity..." 

Hopefully they played Samaritans in OP's honor.

34:07 mark for reference:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-wX9LVSkk

Thanks for commenting on this, SOLAT.
    Keep rocking!!!

Post edited by cjorea on
    edited July 2022
    SOLAT319 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Geez, I was specifically talking about the people around me who I communicated with. Don’t be so offended because there’s different tastes. I’m glad you enjoyed it 

Back to the thread: Pearl Jam rocked
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
    Danish music magazine GAFFA gave the show a 6 star review (6 of 6 that is)

MY MOTHER
    WORKED
    FIFTEEN HOURS
    FIVE DAYS
    A WEEK
    MY MOTHER
    WORKED
    FIFTEEN HOURS
    FIVE DAYS
    A WEEK
    Yeah well my mother worked 16 hrs 6 days a week!

• axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 383

Before LBC
    axeljohan said:

Before LBC
    ❤️
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    axeljohan said:

Before LBC
    Wow!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I'm assuming Idles didn't tell the audience to do a wall of death or open up a pit? I saw them at Werchter and they were getting the place moving.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 383
    They wanted to split the audience in two halves at the start. Audience didn’t comply. 
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    People didn't want to lose their space in the crowd presumably hahaha
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    If you were into Idles, come join us in the AF GANG on Facebook and get involved in the community.
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,249
    I'm assuming Idles didn't tell the audience to do a wall of death or open up a pit? I saw them at Werchter and they were getting the place moving.
    They sure tried, without any luck 😆
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 141
    MY MOTHER
    WORKED
    FIFTEEN HOURS
    FIVE DAYS
    A WEEK
    Yeah well my mother worked 16 hrs 6 days a week!
    Haha, love it!

THE ONLY WAY TO SCARE A TORY IS TO READ AND GET RICH

2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
    People didn't want to lose their space in the crowd presumably hahaha
    Idles is to good for Pearl Jam fans