~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I read something about how cats like being in a “cozy” cardboard box; it promotes safety and comfort. 

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    hedonist said:
    I read something about how cats like being in a “cozy” cardboard box; it promotes safety and comfort. 

Yes. I have heard that as well. It is just funny watching him stuff himself into a small box. He actually likes any size box over a cat bed. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    Hehe. I can't throw away the shoebox I got with my running shoes, because Maroosha loves to just sit in it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Willow and Kaliwere "box cats", Kyra and Kia, not so much :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Happy birthday, George!

Give him an extra scritch behind the ears for me.

We had to put our Alice down two weeks ago... we think she had a stroke... whatever happened, she wasn't going to recover. She's always had health issues, and we knew she wouldn't reach old age, but we still hoped for more time. She was only 9 or so, we adopted them 6+ years ago. 

She was the sweetest thing on the planet & only wanted to be in your lap or otherwise cuddled up next to you (& food... LOTS of food). It was mostly dudes too... took her months to sit in my wife's lap, but we had a guy in once to do an energy audit & she was in his lap before he could get his computer opened up... little hussy  :D 

The 4:00 AM hour was lonely AF the first few days, as she would routinely snuggle up under my arm in bed before my alarm would go off. Waking up to nothing those first couple of mornings sucked, but that's part of the deal. 

We know we did the right thing, but that doesn't help the void that's there every time I sit or lie down... only time will help that. We also still have Chains, thank goodness... if Alice was our only cat, our house would be a pretty depressing place these last couple of weeks. But our little screwball tortie keeps us entertained.

If heaven exists, Alice is there, & no one is making her get up from their lap. 

Ah man sorry for your loss! My two wake me up at 4AM for their early snacks my Orin just gently bites my hands to wake me they are my alarm clock! I have to be there by 6 so it works out 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Twinkie is always keeping an eye out for Orin 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    edited July 2022
    Happy birthday, George!

We had to put our Alice down two weeks ago... we think she had a stroke... whatever happened, she wasn't going to recover. She's always had health issues, and we knew she wouldn't reach old age, but we still hoped for more time. She was only 9 or so, we adopted them 6+ years ago. 

She was the sweetest thing on the planet & only wanted to be in your lap or otherwise cuddled up next to you (& food... LOTS of food). It was mostly dudes too... took her months to sit in my wife's lap, but we had a guy in once to do an energy audit & she was in his lap before he could get his computer opened up... little hussy  :D 

The 4:00 AM hour was lonely AF the first few days, as she would routinely snuggle up under my arm in bed before my alarm would go off. Waking up to nothing those first couple of mornings sucked, but that's part of the deal. 

We know we did the right thing, but that doesn't help the void that's there every time I sit or lie down... only time will help that. We also still have Chains, thank goodness... if Alice was our only cat, our house would be a pretty depressing place these last couple of weeks. But our little screwball tortie keeps us entertained.

Ah man sorry for your loss! My two wake me up at 4AM for their early snacks my Orin just gently bites my hands to wake me they are my alarm clock! I have to be there by 6 so it works out 

Thanks Jose... this second month has been harder than the first to be honest... I've been good about not dwelling on it, but last night my mind started wandering & thinking about her. It's hard, these little f'ers bring so much to our lives, saying good bye sucks. 

Like I said though, we still have the other screwball keeping us entertained... and my wife's been spoiling her now that she's the only one in the house... little shit has more toys than me, she doesn't know how good she has it.  :D

Speaking of cardboard:

Happy birthday, George!

Thanks Jose... this second month has been harder than the first to be honest... I've been good about not dwelling on it, but last night my mind started wandering & thinking about her. It's hard, these little f'ers bring so much to our lives, saying good bye sucks. 

Like I said though, we still have the other screwball keeping us entertained... and my wife's been spoiling her now that she's the only one in the house... little shit has more toys than me, she doesn't know how good she has it.  :D

Speaking of cardboard:

Ah that’s awesome really cool! 
    Holy shit, Merk, those are great.

And speaking of always with you, we lost Beans in April 2020 and I still think about her and her unique personality. She so would’ve put Flea in her place 😅
    The best part about that cardboard castle is my wife got it free of charge from our neighbor  who works at the MSPCA ... those are stupid money, so normally I just cut holes & doors out of delivery boxes that come to the house... that's really all it takes.  :D 

I know Hedo... it never goes away, I still miss the terrier I grew up with who got put down 27 some odd years ago. Stupid animals.   :(

I was wrestling around w/ Chains last night who can get a little too aggressive w/ the biting when I push her too far... Alice, no matter how fired up she got when playing, would always pull back once her claws or teeth made contact with our skin... she acted so aggressive, but at the end of the day was just a big baby who was almost afraid of really biting. She was ridiculously sweet. 

Ah well... even talking about this helps, my wife isn't really ready to talk about these things. Thanks for listening to my bullshit, folks. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Our new kitten!
    Merk, anytime. We get it :)

What a treat with a new little one! Kitten tails and kitten breath are the best. 
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Our new kitten!
    Looks at those ears. Adorable. Name?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    GlowGirl said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Our new kitten!
    Chloe
    Super cute, Joe.

Congrats. 
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    GlowGirl said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Our new kitten!
    Chloe
    Love it. 
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Our new kitten!
    Nice so damn cute Chloe 
    The castle’s a big hit.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Super cute. I miss my kitties. I am still in Prague until Sunday. My cat sitter sends me photos everyday, though. They seem to be doing fine without me.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Any cat lovers here have to deal with a cat marking and/or taking anxiety meds?

Our 9 year old bengal started marking almost a year ago. We figured it was due to some construction we were having done to our patio and disrupted his routine. The construction stopped in Oct but then we got a puppy in December so the problem continues.

We have ruled out a UTI and are blaming it on stress/anxiety.  He's a great cat but he's insane. He has a ridiculous attachment to my youngest daughter (she's 20 now) and doesn't want a whole lot of attention from anyone but her. 

We started giving him prozac yesterday and that will take a month or so to kick in.

Just curious if anyone else had to deal with this. It's just so bizarre that he was fine for 8 years and now he can't be trusted.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I wonder if it’s a territorial thing, Gern?

GG, Prague? Sweet. 
    hedonist said:

GG, Prague? Sweet. 
    Yes. In Prague for the PJ show that didn’t happen - but spending another week here exploring the country. It’s beautiful. 
    caught her in mid jump (she's pretty small and is a good jumper)
    No photo description available

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    hedonist said:

GG, Prague? Sweet. 
    but after eight years? We are thinking behavioral....hoping the prozac works. Great cat but holy shit he pissed on my Led Zeppelin albums
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    caught her in mid jump (she's pretty small and is a good jumper)
    No photo description available

Great shot.

Gern, I hope it helps him.

This one decided to crank up the cuteness. Much needed.

Flea is so cute. The little girl is all grown up. 
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Our new kitten!
    Awwwwwe!
    mca47 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Our new kitten!
    Awwwwwe!

what he said :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

This is what happens when you don’t immediately put your suitcases away.