Options

Any love for Weezer here?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    edited March 2022
    Thoughts on SZNZ? Seems to be a pretty ambitious project. Of course, knowing Rivers, he's probably had a lot of these songs in the can for awhile.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited March 2022
    Thoughts on SZNZ? Seems to be a pretty ambitious project. Of course, knowing Rivers, he's probably had a lot of these songs in the can for awhile.
    Some really nice bits on it (Spring). Thought it was enjoyable when I listened through.  Last album of theirs I thought was really great was The White Album. Ok Human was good as well. Have to say if any band could pull off an amazing greatest hits LP it's Weezer, Im amazed theyve never brought one out, so many great singles over the years where sometimes the albums haven't quite lived up to them.
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    it was enjoyable for me, kind of lost me a bit on the back half of the album.  I think OK Human is a far better offering.  This one definitely isn’t bad though.

The opening track as it starts literally sounds like it belongs on the PA system of a Renaissance Festival which I found interesting.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    funny, I noticed it was up on apple music, started streaming song 1, my wife walks by and says "are you listening to children's music?". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited March 2022
    funny, I noticed it was up on apple music, started streaming song 1, my wife walks by and says "are you listening to children's music?". 
    Well whatever it sounds like that opening track has been stuck in my head all day. Good or bad Weezer songs tend to do that.  

This one feels a bit ridiculous though to be playing on a loop and generally speaking Shakespeare doesn’t make me happy 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    Just picked up Spring and Summer-- I like em, easy listens. Spring is..kinda springy. Summer, i had read in reviews, was a harder rock in style, and it is, but it's not much. 

Yeah, you're gonna get some corny cringey lyrics, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who knows this band beyond those first 2 albums.