NCAA College Football -

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Whole new team pretty much....portal is crazy.
    Whole lot different than Clay Helton 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Jimbo not too happy with Nick.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Both of them are turkeys.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Jimbo gets hid panties waded anytime Saban says anything. 
    Saban is speaking to a room full of boosters. He never says anything about cheating or breaking laws. He wants to rally the troops and uses A&M as the example of what's going on. 

Also, I never once heard Jimbo dispute or deny any sort of NIL payments. Just "everything we did was within the laws". 

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited May 2022
    Saban is a piece of shit.  He's just worried his golden goose might not continue laying the golden eggs for him.  Fuck him.  Glad to see Fisher ripping him a new one.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    pjhawks said:
    Saban is a piece of shit.  He's just worried his golden goose might not continue laying the golden eggs for him.  Fuck him.  Glad to see Fisher ripping him a new one.
    me too
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    SC joining the Big10.
    Pac12 doomed itself with horrid TV contracts.  The money available was pathetic.
    Going to be iinteresting.  So long as we still can schedule ND every year I'm good with it.  
    Living in eastern time zone I'm very happy to get more normal start times.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    I'm not sure what scraps the PAC can pick up to fill the hole. I also heard that the Big 12 is talking with AZ, ASU, Utah, and Colorado. Maybe get a Texas school and some Mountain West teams and it will be the Walmart Pac 12.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    SC joining the Big10.
    Pac12 doomed itself with horrid TV contracts.  The money available was pathetic.
    Going to be iinteresting.  So long as we still can schedule ND every year I'm good with it.  

Man, how crazy is this story?!?! Just a story out of nowhere and done in a days time without speculation. 

I desperately hope they do not get rid of the ND game, and I suspect they will not. They will have the same amount of out of conference games per season, so I don't think it will change anything. I would honestly not be shocked if this wasn't part of a ploy by the B1G to help entice the Irish to join the B1G. 

Oh, and fuck USC!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Ha, nice!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    SC joining the Big10.

Man, how crazy is this story?!?! Just a story out of nowhere and done in a days time without speculation. 

I desperately hope they do not get rid of the ND game, and I suspect they will not. They will have the same amount of out of conference games per season, so I don't think it will change anything. I would honestly not be shocked if this wasn't part of a ploy by the B1G to help entice the Irish to join the B1G. 

Oh, and fuck USC!
    ND is definitely a long term target.  Some inside reporting says that the Big isn't done and will target some NW Pac schools like Oregon,  California, Stanford and maybe even Colorado or Utah.  I didn't hear Washington but one would think they like the Seattle TV market.  

Oh, and fuck USC!

it was bad enough when we took in rutgers and nebraska. now this.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

Oh, and fuck USC!

it was bad enough when we took in rutgers and nebraska. now this.
    Utah is rumored to be a potential.  I'm not sure what they bring though.  It's crystal clear why UCLA and USC are a good fit 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    It has been obvious that the conferences have been expanding based on geography and TV exposure for some time (hello Maryland and Rutgers!), but now I think it is time to acknowledge that they are broadcast networks instead of a collection of college institutions that compete geographically.

I look forward to Purdue winning the Dr. Pepper Big Ten AT&T Cup of Excellence presented by GEICO.  John Wooden will be smiling from hardwood courts of heaven 
    Jason P said:
    It has been obvious that the conferences have been expanding based on geography and TV exposure for some time (hello Maryland and Rutgers!), but now I think it is time to acknowledge that they are broadcast networks instead of a collection of college institutions that compete geographically.

I look forward to Purdue winning the Dr. Pepper Big Ten AT&T Cup of Excellence presented by GEICO.  John Wooden will be smiling from hardwood courts of heaven 
    Yes.  Evidently Fox is the one that pushed hard for this move. 
    Jason P said:

As a Purdue fan, this made me both laugh and get excited to bring home some hardware.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    More changes are coming. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Jason P said:

As a Purdue fan, this made me both laugh and get excited to bring home some hardware.

B)

but as a true Purdue fan, you know too well that the Cup of Excellence will look and feel like this when it come just within our grasp ....

Very true
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Well that Penn State game was about as entertaining as football gets 
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    so was Pitt-West Virginia.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Yes great start for sure to the season 

State fans were complaining they weren't ranked.  After watching them struggle in offense with their 9th year qb, being outside the top 25 is probably right.   They have some work to do. 
    2 good games last night.  I'd say that Purdue lost it more so than Penn St winning it.  

JojoRice said:
    2 good games last night.  I'd say that Purdue lost it more so than Penn St winning it.  

ditto west virginia.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    12 Team College Playoff just approved.  Expected to start for the 2026 season but could be pushed up earlier.  Top 4 teams get a bye.  1st round games on campuses.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    I turned it off at halftime, glad PSU won though.
    JojoRice said:
    12 Team College Playoff just approved.  Expected to start for the 2026 season but could be pushed up earlier.  Top 4 teams get a bye.  1st round games on campuses.
    Too many teams now! Should have gone to eight instead.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Hot damn did UGA look impressive yesterday! 

As for OSU & ND...I really don't know what to think. Maybe a culmination of perhaps OSU is not as good as everyone thinks and ND may be a little better than some think. I'm dumbfounded as to why Al Golden all out blitzed on 3rd and 11 to allow OSU's 2nd touchdown. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Hot damn did UGA look impressive yesterday! 

As for OSU & ND...I really don't know what to think. Maybe a culmination of perhaps OSU is not as good as everyone thinks and ND may be a little better than some think. I'm dumbfounded as to why Al Golden all out blitzed on 3rd and 11 to allow OSU's 2nd touchdown. 
    ND's defense is legit.  You can watch that game and see the tight coverage they were playing all game, and it was effective.  Now lost in that is that the Bucks were out their #1 and #2 receivers.  Everyone saw Jaxson go down early, but Julian Fleming (5 star) was scratched as he tweaked something before the game.  

As a Buckeye homer, this game gives me confidence.  We have no concerns about the offense this year. The D was the question mark and they played great. 
    How bout them Dawgs!!!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    come on Texas!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD