Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    The show airs again tonight at 7PM Mountain Standard Time. 9pm EST on HLN. 
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • My guide only goes two weeks out, but the final showing I'm seeing is 8pm ET Friday night (aka tonight!) on HLN.

Thanks everyone for watching.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited January 2022
    I just did a thing.

Hopefully it won't blow up in my face. I might be a little nervous, but it seems ok.

I'll let you all know if it turns out positive.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • My guide only goes two weeks out, but the final showing I'm seeing is 8pm ET Friday night (aka tonight!) on HLN.

Thanks everyone for watching.

Update:

It appears to be on tomorrow (2/1) at 8pm ET on HLN.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before but why don't they get one of those psychic detectives? there are some really good ones out there.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I just did a thing.

Hopefully it won't blow up in my face. I might be a little nervous, but it seems ok.

??
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but why don't they get one of those psychic detectives? there are some really good ones out there.

They did.

IIRC, the "psychic" said something about Brian being in such-and-such body of water. Guess what was found when the water was searched?

There's a reason they're "For Entertainment Purposes Only."
    I just did a thing.

??

It was a very long shot to get a small-time celebrity in on the loop, hence my reasons for being vague.
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514

I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    edited March 2022
    Yas!
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    That’s good news… Hoping this develops some information!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 174
    yahamita said:

Oh my gosh! 
    SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio just started playing the Cincinnati show from 6/24/2006!
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    edited June 2022
    yahamita said:

Yes i live on Indianola Avenue  I saw this poster hope something  comes up. 
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
    edited September 2022
    Announcement! (Kind of.)

Earlier today, I passed some wristbands and business cards for Brian off to Donna Ellis of Donna News fame.

They won't make tonight's Wishlist Foundation preparty, but they *should* be in St. Louis and maybe even OKC and Denver if supplies last.

Donna will be in Louisville, so if you see her there, she should have them around.

@Foxy Mop -- If you see her, that's what this is all about. I told her to look for you.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Announcement! (Kind of.)

Earlier today, I passed some wristbands and business cards for Brian off to Donna Ellis of Donna News fame.

They won't make tonight's Wishlist Foundation preparty, but they *should* be in St. Louis and maybe even OKC and Denver if supplies last.

Donna will be in Louisville, so if you see her there, she should have them around.

@Foxy Mop -- If you see her, that's what this is all about. I told her to look for you.
    I haven't posted here in forever, but was checking in on any Brian Shaffer news and thought I would check here and I see this post. I helped out with the St Louis party and I don't remember seeing any of these items. IF I end up helping at another party soon(Chicago I'm looking at you) I'd love to help spread awareness about Brian and this case. 
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    edited April 2023
    mindi said:
    Announcement! (Kind of.)

I haven't posted here in forever, but was checking in on any Brian Shaffer news and thought I would check here and I see this post. I helped out with the St Louis party and I don't remember seeing any of these items. IF I end up helping at another party soon(Chicago I'm looking at you) I'd love to help spread awareness about Brian and this case. 

Through absolutely zero fault of Donna, the items never made it there. I probably should have updated the post... whoops.

She's ok, but after I gave them to her, a minor situation arose and she never made it to Nashville...she was passing by me to get there.

As of last I heard, she was trying to get them to the Wishlist people and then I sort of faded out with that whole thing.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    mindi said:
    Announcement! (Kind of.)

Through absolutely zero fault of Donna, the items never made it there. I probably should have updated the post... whoops.

She's ok, but after I gave them to her, a minor situation arose and she never made it to Nashville...she was passing by me to get there.

As of last I heard, she was trying to get them to the Wishlist people and then I sort of faded out with that whole thing.
    Is there a way to get in touch with Donna or someone who might have some items? I would absolutely love to have some flyers or something at the Wishlist parties.

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    https://wishlistfoundation.org/

I'd start there and on FB.
    If anyone missed the "Med Student Mystery" on HLN, it's on the Max app as well as HLN on 6/28 at 1pm ET.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    edited July 2023

Looking to get in contact with PJ/Vedder for benefit show for the Missing Persons Foundation. The show will be named after Brian Shaffer, a fan who went missing in 2006 and still hasn't been found.

Hello, I'm the lead vocalist of a rock band from Columbus, Ohio called Cellar Dwellar. I'm putting together a benefit show at The Newport Music Hall to have the proceeds go to The National Missing Person's Foundation which helps families of missing persons and assists investigations in locating missing persons. We have recieved permission of the remaining members of the Brian Shaffer family that we can name the show in his honor and hopefully rejuvenate interest in his case. Brian was a major PJ fan, having the alive stick man tattooed on him. I'm looking to get into contact with Vedder & Co to possibly have them perform or make an appearance. It's kinda a long shot but we have major podcasts, radio stations, and regional bookers involved so this was the icing on the cake. If anyone has any ideas, any of their booking agent's emails, or ideas on how to get in contact please dm me or comment below. Thank you.

Post edited by demetrios on
    edited July 2023
    Yeah...I think we all know the chances of that happening. A birdie once told me that something like this was tried before and was instantly and soundly shot down.

I'd think a better chance might be for an autographed item for a charity fundraiser.
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    is it true that the guy last seen with him will not take a lie detector test or do I have that wrong ?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brian_Shaffer#cite_note-2009_Lantern_story-5

I revisited this...very strange. How in the hell did the cameras not catch him leaving?

I'm not sure the refusal of a polygraph is that odd. If I'm an attorney I would tell the guy to not do it even though it looks sketchy as hell.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    it says "Derek's mother died 3 weeks before Brian went missing". Wouldn't that mean it was also Brian's mother? Or were they step brothers?  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

it says "Derek's mother died 3 weeks before Brian went missing". Wouldn't that mean it was also Brian's mother? Or were they step brothers?  
    confusing but yes it was Brian's mother

wouldn't be out of the question for someone to have a mental blip and take off when a parent dies. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD