*** Pearl Jam Frankfurt, Germany Fanviews 6/28/22 ***

Comments

• OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 598
    mdgsolo said:
    I know this is off topic, but kind of has to go with the picture.
    Anybody know what that piece of equipment is that appears near Mike's head- like a spiral within a clear tube?

(Again, apologies, I don't know how to move the photo to the gear section)
    Can’t be sure from the angle but might be a flux capacitor
    Ha! If I could go back to the future, I'd revisit all my favorite PJ shows, and those I missed, including this one.
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 598
    edited June 2022
    goldrush said:
    Inside Job is a great opener. Such a great song, but so hard to place within the set, I would think, with its long lead in. Sure wish I was at this one!
    I’d love to hear Inside Job as an opener. I’ve seen it 4 times, and they were all in Encore 1 (twice as the first song, twice as the second song)
    Nice.
    I'd have to double check how many times I've  seen it. Its been a long time, and for sure not as an opener.

* actually I saw it 6 times in 2006, but only once since then, in 2008.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • SCOPESCOPE Frankfurt, GER Posts: 4
    Berlin, the most overrated city in Germany! Who needs it? There are two reasons for me to visit Berlin: First, Eintracht plays the final of the the German soccer cup there and second: Pearl Jam is rocking the Wuhlheide! THANK YOU guys for playing in my city. Please don't wait another 30 years for the third time, you're always welcome in Frankfurt. I enjoyed the show, see you next time.
    Regards
  • e360727e360727 Posts: 73
    Any idea the last time Even Flow wasn’t played before this show? 
  • Nick NamenoneNick Namenone Posts: 67
    edited June 2022
    Anybody know what that piece of equipment is that appears near Mike's head- like a spiral within a clear tube?

That is an antenna for a wireless in ear monitor or wireless microphone. Not sure which 
    Post edited by Nick Namenone on
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    I honestly thought I had seen my last "great" PJ show with the shorter sets and all.. And I had made my peace with it too..
    And then they go and blow my mind..! This was absolutely fantastic!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • maximumlawmanmaximumlawman Regensburg, Germany Posts: 214
    SCOPE said:
    Berlin, the most overrated city in Germany! Who needs it? There are two reasons for me to visit Berlin: First, Eintracht plays the final of the the German soccer cup there and second: Pearl Jam is rocking the Wuhlheide! THANK YOU guys for playing in my city. Please don't wait another 30 years for the third time, you're always welcome in Frankfurt. I enjoyed the show, see you next time.
    Regards
    Nur die SGE! 
  • LenzLenz Posts: 89
    Just a big thank you to everybody - night/crowd/venue/setlist/energy to remember 

• DjEcDjEc Posts: 3
    edited June 2022
    mdgsolo said:

🤣
    Post edited by DjEc on
  • What an incredible set! Reading the reviews hurts a little as I live very close to Frankfurt and the venue, had tickets but had to stay at home because I tested positive  :'( really hope to be back on track for Copenhagen next week. 🤞🏻
    ... se key on. ;-)

Pearl Jam Sept. 23, 2006 Berlin | June 20, 2010 Berlin | July 04 & 05, 2012 Berlin | June 26, 2014 Berlin | June 12 & 13, 2018 Amsterdam | July 05, 2018 Berlin
    EV June 01, 2017 Berlin | June 28, 2019 Berlin | June 30, 2019 Düsseldorf
    What an incredible set! Reading the reviews hurts a little as I live very close to Frankfurt and the venue, had tickets but had to stay at home because I tested positive  :'( really hope to be back on track for Copenhagen next week. 🤞🏻
    Hope you recover in time! 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Dirty FranDirty Fran Posts: 22

• smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557
    e360727 said:

From my quick research looks like Greenville, SC 2016 better known as the Vs. show.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    e360727 said:
    I've seen them 25 times and only one show (PJ20 night 1) omitted Evenflow...played it night 2
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937

Top songs from my 25 shows
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • I know this is off topic, but kind of has to go with the picture.

A Swedish made penis enlarger pump.  
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Can't wait for this bootleg. Killer setlist & happy for those that were there!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Can't wait for this bootleg. Killer setlist & happy for those that were there!
    Performance was on point as well! 

• I know this is off topic, but kind of has to go with the picture.

A Swedish made penis enlarger pump.  
    That’s not my bag baby!
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 334
    Yesterday was fantastic! 
    Really good energy from the crowd and the Band was on fire. Ed mentioned that they were in a good mood and it showed. Setlist (luckily 😉) was a surprise. We couldn’t totally grasp what was happening (Fatal!) and I needed to read the Setlist again and again today 😅. 
    You can’t really compare shows, as there are so many factors that influence your perception, but Berlin was already a really good show and Frankfurt even surpassed it (I wasn’t that happy with the Zurich-Show as I’ve had quite bad 10c-Seats which were far back and the audience in that section didn’t really react til Jeremy). 
    When the show ended, Ed pointed at his arms to show us that he had goosebumps. It was a mutual feeling. 
    To quote River Cross, which they played too: “I wish this moment was never ending!”
    I am still on a concert-high! Can’t wait for my next show! Hope withdrawal won’t be that bad until then 😅. 

• Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • maximumlawmanmaximumlawman Regensburg, Germany Posts: 214
    edited June 2022
    https://m.faz.net/aktuell/rhein-main/kultur/pearl-jam-begeistern-in-der-festhalle-frankfurt-18137949.html
    for those of you who read German: a pretty good article in one of Germany’s leading newspapers, ending on a funny note of PJ returning to Frankfurt in 2052 after another 30 years… 
    Post edited by maximumlawman on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    mdgsolo said:

good one!!!!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Its the  mike mc cready face melting  repair  device
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • sootheboysootheboy Posts: 6

1996 Paris
    2006 Marseille - Paris 
    2010 Berlin 
    2012 Stockholm - Oslo
    2022 Berlin - Frankfurt - London 1+2 - Paris - Amsterdam
  • sootheboysootheboy Posts: 6
    I have no words, it was a perfect night with a perfect band. Right place right time. Loved every second of it. Thank you Pearl Jam
    1996 Paris
    2006 Marseille - Paris 
    2010 Berlin 
    2012 Stockholm - Oslo
    2022 Berlin - Frankfurt - London 1+2 - Paris - Amsterdam

• bleeckerbleecker Posts: 58
    edited June 2022
    My two cents:
    Didn't really feel Berlin (in contrast to all other Berlin shows since 2006) but definitely felt this one!!! 

1 minute into FATAL and I - hardcore fan that I am - was still thinking they were playing Man of the Hour. Thought yeah great, but I would prefer a different Rarity since I have heard MOTH live three times already. Ah no, it's FATAL :open_mouth:

Highlight: DOTC - love that beat

Indifference is great but prefer it being played when dark
    Post edited by bleecker on
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    bleecker said:
    My two cents:
    Didn't really feel Berlin (in contrast to all other Berlin shows since 2006) but definitely felt this one!!! 

1 minute into FATAL and I - hardcore fan that I am - was still thinking they were playing Man of the Hour. Thought yeah great, but I would prefer a different Rarity since I have heard MOTH live three times already. Ah no, it's FATAL :open_mouth:

Highlight: DOTC - love that beat

Indifference is great but prefer it being played when dark
    Thank goodness I wasn’t the only one thinking it was MOTH 😄 took me a minute