I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    https://store.warnermusic.com/clockwork-angels-lp.html

For the fellow Rush fans, Clockwork Angels has been reissued. 

thank you. ordered.....

Right on mrat! I’m betting they will be rolling out 180g REs on all the Atlantic years titles, like the euro repress of The Vapour Trails remix earlier this year. Those flipper prices on the 2015 200g copies are outlandish. 

need to look and see what I am missing..... snakes comes to mind.

frankly , regardless of label, they can rightly do represses of the back half, from signals on.

do wonder how they will handle 40th annv editions going forward.

edit, oh need quite a few to complete the catalog
    For the studio albums I only need RE’s of:
    - Counterparts
    - Roll the Bones
    - Test for Echo

A reissue of the 200g All the World’s a Stage live album would also be welcomed 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    https://store.warnermusic.com/clockwork-angels-lp.html

For the fellow Rush fans, Clockwork Angels has been reissued. 

thank you. ordered.....

Right on mrat! I’m betting they will be rolling out 180g REs on all the Atlantic years titles, like the euro repress of The Vapour Trails remix earlier this year. Those flipper prices on the 2015 200g copies are outlandish. 

need to look and see what I am missing..... snakes comes to mind.

frankly , regardless of label, they can rightly do represses of the back half, from signals on.

do wonder how they will handle 40th annv editions going forward.

edit, oh need quite a few to complete the catalog
    For the studio albums I only need RE’s of:
    - Counterparts
    - Roll the Bones
    - Test for Echo

A reissue of the 200g All the World’s a Stage live album would also be welcomed 

those three and power windows as well as the stated SaA.

ATW can be found used quite often down here.... usually in decent shape too,  same with Exit
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    2007 Kevin Gray Remastered and pressed at RTI.
    I love that record
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    GlowGirl said:

My lack of willpower when it comes to these things is astonishing. But now I have the first four albums OG pressings. Got them all sealed. Covers are immaculate. Good prices, I think. No regrets. 

The original price sticker was covered by the new one, but when I peeled that off I could see that it was originally $10.99. 
    You inspired me to spin my OG Vitalogy this morning when I got up. Great stuff!
    Did the same yesterday! Pretty sure the last LP I bought before that one in 1994 was a Pointer Sisters 45 of Jump in 1985. 
    That is a long time between purchases! Also quite a shift musically, but “Variety's the very spice of life, That gives it all its flavour.”
    Age 7 & 16 respectively. LOL! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Really loving this new Bill Evans. Fully analog from the original tapes,  2x45, KPG mastered,  RTI pressed.  Beautiful. 

It's very melancholy, sad. Recorded in 1977 and I think soon after his brother committed suicide,  and not long before Bill decided to stop treating his chronic diseases and committed his own slow suicide. 

The record closes with his version of the theme from MASH. The proper title is "Suicide Is Painless". 

Eddie Gomez's bass is outstanding too. 

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^I’m still on the lookout for that Pretenders. I had it in my Plaid Room cart when they got it in stock about a month or so ago, but it sold out while I was browsing other stuff. 

I have to learn a TBD part to “The Wait,” so it would be nice to have the album to cue up for that. Plus, it’s just a glaring gap in my collection.

I’ll probably just wind up getting an old used copy. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    ^^^I’m still on the lookout for that Pretenders. I had it in my Plaid Room cart when they got it in stock about a month or so ago, but it sold out while I was browsing other stuff. 

I have to learn a TBD part to “The Wait,” so it would be nice to have the album to cue up for that. Plus, it’s just a glaring gap in my collection.

My local audiophile store had it on sale new/sealed for $39 a few weeks ago.  I'll call them and ask if they still have it if you're interested. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

My local audiophile store had it on sale new/sealed for $39 a few weeks ago.  I'll call them and ask if they still have it if you're interested. 
    Thanks for the offer, but I’ve seen it out in the wild. I’ve just got to remember to check for it again next time I’m out. Perhaps this correspondence will help to serve that purpose. 

Also, there are a few retail-priced options on Discogs; it’s really only my trusted online retail sources that are sold out. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Metallica Black 45RPM 4 LP set (2008)
    Forrest Gump soundtrack
    Nirvana In Utero (2013 mix) 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Forrest Gump soundtrack
    I assume that In Utero is the 45?  That 2013 mix is great
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mrussel1 said:
    Really loving this new Bill Evans. Fully analog from the original tapes,  2x45, KPG mastered,  RTI pressed.  Beautiful. 

It's very melancholy, sad. Recorded in 1977 and I think soon after his brother committed suicide,  and not long before Bill decided to stop treating his chronic diseases and committed his own slow suicide. 

The record closes with his version of the theme from MASH. The proper title is "Suicide Is Painless". 

That looks tremendously appealing.  Must look into it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

It’s on sale at Plaid Room. 32 once you put in your cart. Not bad 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Coheed and Cambria - A Window of the Waking Mind.  Less prog than before. More pop for sure.  Still a great album. After Stranger Things season 4, the synthesizers really bring in an 80s vibe on a couple songs.  
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Thanks!  Mighty tempting but two things I need to consider.  One being 45 RPM LP's are a bit of hassle with my Carbon Debut (having to lift platter, switch belt- which is why I seldom listen to my 45s), and the other being some reviews on Discogs mentioning crackle, clicks and surface noise on new copies. 
    Decisions, decisions!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Thanks!  Mighty tempting but two things I need to consider.  One being 45 RPM LP's are a bit of hassle with my Carbon Debut (having to lift platter, switch belt- which is why I seldom listen to my 45s), and the other being some reviews on Discogs mentioning crackle, clicks and surface noise on new copies. 
    Decisions, decisions!
    Yes it's kind of a pain on the Carbon.  

I saw the reviews as well and was a little hesitant,  but mine is quiet. You never know...
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Decisions, decisions!
    Late Bill Evans makes it interesting to me.

im not sure I’ve heard him past the mid 60’s
    edited June 2022
    You guys weren’t wrong. 

The live tracks are probably the best sounding live recording I’ve ever heard. Just enough low level talking noise to put you in the room. Not yells or screams like on your typical live album as it adds to it, doesn’t detract.  Track 2 in particular. You can hear glassware being clinked together as the servers are clearing tables.  It’s really easy to put yourself in that room at that time. Only difference being if you were actually there it wouldn’t sound this good 

Wes Montgomery is outstanding 

You guys weren’t wrong. 

The live tracks are probably the best sounding live recording I’ve ever heard. Just enough low level talking noise to put you in the room. Not yells or screams like on your typical live album as it adds to it, doesn’t detract.  Track 2 in particular. You can hear glassware being clinked together as the servers are clearing tables.  It’s really easy to put yourself in that room at that time. Only difference being if you were actually there it wouldn’t sound this good 

Yeah it's crazy good. 

Since you like Bill Evans, do you already have Montreux Jazz Fest?  That's another amazingly recorded, glass clinking show. 

edited June 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    You guys weren’t wrong. 

Yeah it's crazy good. 

Since you like Bill Evans, do you already have Montreux Jazz Fest?  That's another amazingly recorded, glass clinking show. 

Not yet. I like evans a lot though 

basically my limited jazz experience so far is all derived from kind of blue and it’s expanded to include those on the album
    Miles Davis
    Connonball Adderley
    Coltrane 
    Evans 
    Kelly 

One Sonny Rollins album and Time Out are the only albums that don’t connect directly to KOB 

edited June 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    You guys weren’t wrong. 

Yeah it's crazy good. 

Not yet. I like evans a lot though 

basically my limited jazz experience so far is all derived from kind of blue and it’s expanded to include those on the album
    Miles Davis
    Connonball Adderley
    Coltrane 
    Evans 
    Kelly 

One Sonny Rollins album and Time Out are the only albums that don’t connect directly to KOB 

I have about ten Evans records (Trio '65 was delivered yesterday) and I think Montreux is my favorite.  I'd definitely put the AP version on your list.  33 or 45, you can't go wrong.  

The other one to get is the Village Vanguard (or Waltz for Debbie).  They were both recorded in the same run with Scott Lafaro on bass.  He was a virtuoso who tragically died about a week after the Village shows in a car accident.  He was like 23 years old.  But Evans worked with three bassists primarily, Lefaro, Israels and Eddie Gomez.  They all brought a unique sound.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
    edited June 2022
    Finally!  Back in my collection.  A knock out!

Primary

Richard & Linda Thompson – Shoot Out The Lights

Label:Hannibal Records – HNBL 1303
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
    Released:1986
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Folk Rock

And this marvelous piece of inspiration.  Long live Billy Bragg!
    Primary

Billy Bragg – Help Save The Youth Of America

Label:Elektra – ED 5295
    Format:
    Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, Promo, Stereo, SP Pressing
    Released:1987

Almost forgot to mention (how could I?  It's so good!):
    Primary

Richie Havens – Richie Havens On Stage

Label:Stormy Forest – 2 SFS 6012, Stormy Forest – ST 666
    Format:
    2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
    Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM, Single
    Released:1972
    Genre:Folk, World, & Country

Post edited by brianlux on

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    You guys weren’t wrong. 

Crazy good.
    mrussel1 said:
    Forrest Gump soundtrack
    I assume that In Utero is the 45?  That 2013 mix is great
    Yep!! So excited to hear it! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    These just arrived last night. BIG thanks to @jjflash for grabbing the Peter Gabriel for me!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:

Primary

Format:

Primary

Format:

Primary

Format:

Brian the Watchmen are big Billy Bragg fans. I've seen them do two BB covers at one show before. They often cover at least one. Youtube it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:

Primary

Format:

Primary

Format:

Primary

Format:

Brian the Watchmen are big Billy Bragg fans. I've seen them do two BB covers at one show before. They often cover at least one. Youtube it. 
    Checked it out, thanks, and found a pretty good cover of "A News England".  Nice to see other bands who are fans.  Wilco as well.

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited June 2022
    Didn't buy it but R.E.M Chronic Town Picture Disc. We hear of backlogs and are they clogging up pressing plants with picture discs...sigh
    FR181798 said:
    Didn't buy it but R.E.M Chronic Town Picture Disc. We hear of backlogs and are they clogging up pressing plants with picture discs...sigh

In general, they're not really that great of pressings anyway.  Just another trendy kind of deal. 
    I feel the same way about a lot of record store day releases.  Certainly not all- there have been many fine RSD releases.  But when I go to a record store like The Cave in Folsom and see stacks of un-bought, marked down, mediocre RSD vinyl, I scratch my head and wonder, Why?

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    brianlux said:
    FR181798 said:

In general, they're not really that great of pressings anyway.  Just another trendy kind of deal. 
    I feel the same way about a lot of record store day releases.  Certainly not all- there have been many fine RSD releases.  But when I go to a record store like The Cave in Folsom and see stacks of un-bought, marked down, mediocre RSD vinyl, I scratch my head and wonder, Why?
    A few years ago ANYTHING put out on RSD sold out.  When I saw the mediocre offerings and ballooning print runs I knew it was ok not to go wait on line at 5am anymore.

RSD still has a chance to do some cool things but small print runs of 2-500 diamonds are gone.

Also since the resell values are nonexistent the flippers aren't bothering to purchase as much.