Options

Neil and Tim Finn

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Does anyone know if Crowded House are happy with people taping their shows and if boots can be picked up anywhere? There was a company selling 'selected' dates from the UK tour officially, but for whatever reason Bournemouth was not deemed worthy. I'd like to relive it though.
    they recorded (officially) some date..Wembley I know was, but RAH wasn't.

I taped both though :).. came out pretty good too (bit less tonight, but the moving up the aisle to teh front messed up the settings a bit ;)..still very decent, better than some of the PJ ones this year :()
    will put them up on ..Zomb, dime, traders..probably Thursday or Friday.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I have been looking at Soulseek for any recordings of CH shows. If I find any, I'll post a link here to help you all out :D

btw, for those of us in the states and can get Austin City Limits, Crowded House will be appearing on there on Jan. 5 so make sure you TiVo it or record it :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,431
    WILL THIS THREAD EVER END?:)

Hi Chiqui!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    WILL THIS THREAD EVER END?:)

Hi Chiqui!
    why should such goodness end? :D

hey there post-bday boy! :)
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    I don't know if you guys already got those shows, so I'll just post the links:

Crowded House 03/24/87 Trocadero Philadelphia http://nargothebortsdeviantsubculture.blogspot.com/search/label/Crowdwd%20House

Split Enz 10/31/80 Rainbow Theatre Denver
    Split Enz 11/23/80 Pinkpop Holland
    http://nargothebortsdeviantsubculture.blogspot.com/search/label/Split%20Enz
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    austin city limits airs tonite!! :)
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Sonja_S wrote:
    I don't know if you guys already got those shows, so I'll just post the links:

Crowded House 03/24/87 Trocadero Philadelphia http://nargothebortsdeviantsubculture.blogspot.com/search/label/Crowdwd%20House

Split Enz 10/31/80 Rainbow Theatre Denver
    Split Enz 11/23/80 Pinkpop Holland
    http://nargothebortsdeviantsubculture.blogspot.com/search/label/Split%20Enz

ooo thanks Sonja. :D i don't shows. oh btw, I have some Finn Brothers and Crowded House, Neil Finn shows and I'll post a link on here. do you all know what is a good website to upload shows that doesn't take forever? :)

I hope my brother recorded the ACL episode. On the ACL website, they had a video of Don't Dream It's Over from that taping as well as the interview. The interview is funny! I won't spoil it for you all, but there is a funny quote that Steven Tyler (from Aerosmith) told Neil about his songs. :p
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    cool on the show links, thanks! and nadia i was able to tape the show so if anything happened to your brother;s tape you are welcome to borrow mine :) was a great setlist.....i hope they get back in the studio soon!
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    ooo thanks Sonja. :D i don't shows. oh btw, I have some Finn Brothers and Crowded House, Neil Finn shows and I'll post a link on here. do you all know what is a good website to upload shows that doesn't take forever? :)

I hope my brother recorded the ACL episode. On the ACL website, they had a video of Don't Dream It's Over from that taping as well as the interview. The interview is funny! I won't spoil it for you all, but there is a funny quote that Steven Tyler (from Aerosmith) told Neil about his songs. :p

I usually upload to megaupload. It's the quickest I know and one of the safest I think.

Do you guys have the Fleadth-Festival recording? I'm not sure about the year but it's great quality - definitely not an audience-recording. My sister bought the boot on CD about 10 years ago :D I can upload it if you don't have that one yet.
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    Sonja_S wrote:
    I usually upload to megaupload. It's the quickest I know and one of the safest I think.

Do you guys have the Fleadth-Festival recording? I'm not sure about the year but it's great quality - definitely not an audience-recording. My sister bought the boot on CD about 10 years ago :D I can upload it if you don't have that one yet.
    oooh that sounds like it'd be good!

and heads-up for those who get the ovation channel, they'll be airing a 1-hr performance this thursday :)http://www.crowdedhouse.com/s_news/news.php?item=1721601&totalBytes=181&loadedBytes=177&percentDone=98
    can see them do 'locked out' at the link for the show
  • Options
    oooh that sounds like it'd be good!

I'll try to upload it asap. Sorry for the late reply, I'm busy in my new job and therefore hardly at home!
  • Options
    new tunes played at a club show! i'm loving this one, 'turn it around http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2FaFJ8CuQ&feature=related there are links to more on the right :) hoping for the new album soon!!

*edit* vid of 'try whistling this' with just piano http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vPbEy9Hz8OE.

*beautiful*. neil's music heals :)
  • Options
    http://www.crowdedhouse.com/s_news/news.php?item=1730387&totalBytes=178&loadedBytes=170&percentDone=96

:eek:

and they're playing 2 nights AT THE FILLMORE??

:eek:

*passes out* lol

Crowded House have confirmed their first North American tour of 2008. Instead of single dates at big venues in many cities, the band are returning to some of their favourite North American towns and performing short residencies at more intimate venues. Starting in New York City on 28 April, the tour will end on 17 May in Los Angeles, with four cities in between. Crowded House have started work on the follow-up album to "Time on Earth" at Roundhead Studios in New Zealand.

Tickets will start going on general sale later this week through Ticketmaster and the usual ticket outlets (full details below). However a special fan presale has been arranged, starting from Tuesday, 25 March. Please see tour dates below for exact presale and onsale dates. All times are local.

April 28-30 - New York, NY - NY Fillmore at Irving Plaza
    Presale 25 March 08, 10am. General onsale 28 March

May 2 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    Presale 26 March 08, 10am. General onsale 28 March

May 5-6 - Boston, MA - Somerville Theatre
    Presale 2 April 08, 10am. General onsale 4 April.

May 7-8 - Toronto, ONT - Danforth Music Hall
    Presale 2 April 08, 10am. General onsale 5 April.

May 10-11 - Chicago, IL - Vic Theater
    Presale 26 March 08, 10am. General onsale 29 March

May 14-15 - San Francisco, CA - Fillmore
    Presale 2 April 08, 10am. General onsale 6 April.

May 16-17 - Los Angeles, CA - Orpheum Theatre
    Presale 2 April 08, 10am. General onsale 5 April.
  • Options
    i'm bumping this cuz dammit people should be excited about this lol
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Just enjoyed the greatness of 7 Worlds Collide. I have to say, I liked this album and the Finn Brothers albums a bit more than the new Crowded House, but I'd still kill to see CH! I so much wanted to catch them last year at the ACL Festival. Please come to Texas again Neil!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Finn finally gets a vinyl release and a deluxe set at that!! Been stalking this one FOREVER!! 

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Finn finally gets a vinyl release and a deluxe set at that!! Been stalking this one FOREVER!! 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com