Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249

goldrush said:
    There was some preorder info for Toast on NYA briefly today, but it’s been taken down now.

The text is taken from an old article about Toast, but the part with the preorder date is new. 
    Let’s see if it reappears
    Oh man. Hope that one drops soon! It's built legendary status at this stage. I'm also waiting eagerly for the Ragged Glory reissue with the extra tracks.

"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    WE WANT TOAST!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    edited May 2022
    brianlux said:
    WE WANT TOAST!
    Ask and you shall receive!

The first track is up and it’s worth the wait!
    It looks like the preorder should be live today:

https://youtu.be/34Mb4sqmPFo

Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Toast is a double vinyl, with only 7 songs split over 3 sides. Expect some long Horse jams.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    goldrush said:
    Toast is a double vinyl, with only 7 songs split over 3 sides. Expect some long Horse jams.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Toast song lengths according to itunes:

Quit                                           5:24
    Standing in the Light of Love    4:18
    Goin' Home                               7:52
    Timberline                                 4:10
    Gateway of Love                      10:10
    How Ya Doin'?                           7:00
    Boom Boom Boom                  13:05
                                                  ~52:00

(Tim Rogers)
    There have also been a few leaks about ‘Noise & Flowers’ being released in August. Looks like multiple options like the Live Greendale and Rust Bucket releases (CD, 2LP, and CD/2LP/BluRay box set)

There should also be the other 2 Bootlegs that haven’t come out yet, the Harvest 50th Anniversary, and possibly a new album this year.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Hopefully ORS box 5 too
    I don’t like the POTR records, but that live album looks sick
    goldrush said:

Any idea when the Toast will pop up?
    Objects Clipart - toaster-with-toast-popping-up-animated-clipart -  Classroom Clipart

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

PO is up right now at NYA.

Nothing special other than the hi-res with the LP. I'll order from elsewhere.
    PO is up right now at NYA.

Nothing special other than the hi-res with the LP. I'll order from elsewhere.

I'll probably do the same.  Love Neil, but his site takes forever to lead here. 

I don’t like the POTR records, but that live album looks sick
    And there’s no POTR songs on there, which is a bonus

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    There have also been a few leaks about ‘Noise & Flowers’ being released in August. Looks like multiple options like the Live Greendale and Rust Bucket releases (CD, 2LP, and CD/2LP/BluRay box set)

There should also be the other 2 Bootlegs that haven’t come out yet, the Harvest 50th Anniversary, and possibly a new album this year.
    What show/Shows are these from? I was at the Berlin and Dresden shows (Where he by mistake played Powerfinger twice).
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    WE WANT TOAST!
    Ask and you shall receive!

The first track is up and it’s worth the wait!
    It looks like the preorder should be live today:

https://youtu.be/34Mb4sqmPFo

I think these songs will be a tiny bit more stale than when they WERE RELEASED OUT OF THEIR CAGE ON THE 2001 TOUR.

(Just listen to the Stockholm 2001 bootleg on Neils Archive site)

But this is so much my most anticipated album of the year.
    News on the new album with The Horse:

10 new songs have been recorded. One of them, ‘Chevrolet’, is 13 minutes long.

It’s shaping up to be a busy - and expensive - year for Neil fans. 
    Hopefully ORS Box 5 and Archives 3 are still in the mix.

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    News on the new album with The Horse:

10 new songs have been recorded. One of them, ‘Chevrolet’, is 13 minutes long.

It’s shaping up to be a busy - and expensive - year for Neil fans. 
    Hopefully ORS Box 5 and Archives 3 are still in the mix.

Could be happier!

Toast
    Noise and Flowers
    OBS6
    OBS2
    new NYCH LP
    Harvest 50th
    NYA3

is a bonkers second half of the year. 
    Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if everything that was on the docket for last year is happening this year because they’ve been in the production queue this whole time and they didn’t become TBD, they just had no firm release dates. Seeing Noise and Flowers straight up done and ready to ship kinda hints at that. 
    edited May 2022
    Now that most of the OBS are dropping, look at this list and what we know is supposed to drop this summer, that’s not off base. 

Maybe things are delayed by 7 months? ORS 4 came out mid April (7 months), Toast early July (7 months), noise and flowers is done and produced right now (7 months)

that would put Harvest 50th in September. Hopefully those Early 22 LPs are pushed to early 23 with ORS5 soon after. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if everything that was on the docket for last year is happening this year because they’ve been in the production queue this whole time and they didn’t become TBD, they just had no firm release dates. Seeing Noise and Flowers straight up done and ready to ship kinda hints at that. 
    I was thinking the same thing, it makes sense that that’s what’s happened. Kinda like the vinyl reissues of Rearviewmirror, Live On 2 Legs, and Uke Songs being in the queue before Earthling.

(Tim Rogers)
    Toast
    Noise and Flowers
    OBS6
    OBS2
    new NYCH LP
    Harvest 50th
    NYA3

is a bonkers second half of the year. 
    From today’s letter, some more to add to the list of things coming in 2022…

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    I was thinking the same thing, it makes sense that that’s what’s happened. Kinda like the vinyl reissues of Rearviewmirror, Live On 2 Legs, and Uke Songs being in the queue before Earthling.

I hesitate to even sideways bring something political into the discussion, but the first thing that passed though my head was this:  If we were to convert all the firearms and munitions factories in the  world into lacquer production and vinyl pressing facilities, we would have a lot more records, a lot of happy music fans, far fewer murders and killing, and maybe even the possibility of peace on earth.

• shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 173
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

I hesitate to even sideways bring something political into the discussion, but the first thing that passed though my head was this:  If we were to convert all the firearms and munitions factories in the  world into lacquer production and vinyl pressing facilities, we would have a lot more records, a lot of happy music fans, far fewer murders and killing, and maybe even the possibility of peace on earth.
    Stop, please
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

I know which one we need more of, that’s for sure!
    The downside of that would be that a lot of people on here would go broke if there was even more vinyl to buy!

(Tim Rogers)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Stop, please
    You don't like to dream?  I think it's hard to argue there would be MORE killing. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Stop, please
    You don't like to dream?  I think it's hard to argue there would be MORE killing. 
    I had the same thought. Some day…
    www.cluthelee.com
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Stop, please

Yeah, well I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, ya know?  Just seemed like something Neil would go along with. 
    Or Jimi Hendrix, when he did that little rap before going into "Wild Thing" in Europe...
    "You know, dig, instead of marching down the streets with, uh, you know, M-16s and all like that maybe we could ahh, march down the streets with some electric guitars, you know, something like this..." (glorious feedback commences).

Yeah, I think Neil would dig that.  Is that better?

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Stop, please

There would be more killing because only bad guys would have guns and no one else would have guns to protect themselves and especially their property and the property of others.  Records are wants...Guns are Human Rights!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Stop, please

There would be more killing because only bad guys would have guns and no one else would have guns to protect themselves and especially their property and the property of others.  Records are wants...Guns are Human Rights!
    Jesus was very specific about that..