Options

Bennie

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited May 2022
    AW124797 said:
    I like what they did with RVM. First pressing is still valuable. 
    Wasn’t that the record label pushing the reissues. I would think they can do whatever they want.

benny vinyl was an in house thing I thought. The CD was BMG though. Getting more than one vault per year seems logistically hard for them. Not that I’m opposed to it I would just rather get live stuff on vinyl that hasn’t been on vinyl before rather than going back and reissuing stuff.  
    A benny reissue that doesn’t impact vault releases is good with me 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    KV4053 said:
    LOL....OP Here.  You vinyl guys crack me up.. You derailed my discussion.  :smiley:

I was simply appreciating the actual music.

P.S. I was listening to a digital (flac) version

Pull it out a paper sleeve
    Oh my joy only you deserve conceit
    Oh I'm so big and my whole world 
    I'd rather you, 
    rather you, than her

Of course, us vinyl guys, it is 4mm rice paper anti-static sleeves.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    KV4053 said:
    LOL....OP Here.  You vinyl guys crack me up.. You derailed my discussion.  :smiley:

I’ve never figured out how to get it digitally (non CD).  I have the CD and I haven’t had a CD drive on a computer for at least a decade so I can’t rip it either. It’s on in the car which is literally my only CD player… and it’s the only CD I (still) own 😂
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    edited May 2022
    KV4053 said:

I’ve never figured out how to get it digitally (non CD).  I have the CD and I haven’t had a CD drive on a computer for at least a decade so I can’t rip it either. It’s on in the car which is literally my only CD player… and it’s the only CD I (still) own 😂
    I ripped all my CDs...700+ a few years ago.  
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    KV4053 said:
    KV4053 said:

Yeah, doing that before CD drives became obsolete would have been smart 
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    edited May 2022
    KV4053 said:
    KV4053 said:

https://smile.amazon.com/Rioddas-External-Portable-Rewriter-Superdrive/dp/B07DLRG9VH

More choices
    https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=pc+cd+external&crid=2PE9V6GXZH1TK&sprefix=pc+cd+external,aps,74&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Thank me later
    Post edited by KV4053 on
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    AW124797 said:
    Wasn’t that the record label pushing the reissues. I would think they can do whatever they want.

benny vinyl was an in house thing I thought. The CD was BMG though. Getting more than one vault per year seems logistically hard for them. Not that I’m opposed to it I would just rather get live stuff on vinyl that hasn’t been on vinyl before rather than going back and reissuing stuff.  
    I think it's just a matter of time. Benny repress will come at some point. Seems like our complaints and wishes are being followed by 10C - finally vault #1 on vinyl, vault#2 still in the shop after negativity caused by v1 being limited and clear No Code back in stock. 

Lost Dogs, Drop In The Park, Into The Wild are next. Live On Two Legs is out in three weeks. Ukulele out recently. Represses, new RSDs and a new Vault once a year seem to be a pattern here. Benny repress won't impact anything new, in my opinion. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

I think it's just a matter of time. Benny repress will come at some point. Seems like our complaints and wishes are being followed by 10C - finally vault #1 on vinyl, vault#2 still in the shop after negativity caused by v1 being limited and clear No Code back in stock. 

Lost Dogs, Drop In The Park, Into The Wild are next. Live On Two Legs is out in three weeks. Ukulele out recently. Represses, new RSDs and a new Vault once a year seem to be a pattern here. Benny repress won't impact anything new, in my opinion. 
    If they are listening to wishes then really, don’t do a benny reissue at all. 

do another one off acoustic show and record and release that.  As a companion album to Benaroya Hall. 
    Then it’s something new.  I’d take that every time over and album I’ve listened to 300 times 
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    edited May 2022
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

do another one off acoustic show and record and release that.  As a companion album to Benaroya Hall. 
    Then it’s something new.  I’d take that every time over and album I’ve listened to 300 times 

I see your point, but I'd love to hear it on vinyl. It's a special show. How many of us had a chance to experience it? 1k, maybe? Most copies seem to be sealed.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited May 2022
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

I see your point, but I'd love to hear it on vinyl. It's a special show. How many of us had a chance to experience it? 1k, maybe? Most copies seem to be sealed.
    Mine is opened and love cranking it! I also don’t think as many copies remained sealed as you do. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,870
    KV4053 said:
    KV4053 said:

Buy an external CD/DVD drive. I did that. They are really cheap now. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    As an owner of this, I would never buy a sealed copy for a coupe of easons. 

First. nearly two decades in shrink wrap is a recipe for disaster for vinyl records unless they were kept in absolutely perfect dry and relatively cool storage.  

Second, could be missing a disc or have a major pressing flaw.  

One thing to find either of those out after spending $40.  Another to spend $3,000.

I enjoy having this on vinyl, but it is absurdly overvalued.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,340
    PB11041 said:
    As an owner of this, I would never buy a sealed copy for a coupe of easons. 

First. nearly two decades in shrink wrap is a recipe for disaster for vinyl records unless they were kept in absolutely perfect dry and relatively cool storage.  

Second, could be missing a disc or have a major pressing flaw.  

One thing to find either of those out after spending $40.  Another to spend $3,000.

I enjoy having this on vinyl, but it is absurdly overvalued.  
    Agreed 100%. It's easy for me to sit here and say that as someone who doesn't own one. I'll admit there is a definitive difference between the quality of sound you hear on vinyl versus on a CD or via mp3. I just don't know if that difference is worth spending thousands of dollars on.

That said, I don't help anyone on here earn their money so I won't tell them how to spend it so I got nothing against the folks who do pay these prices for Bennies.