Options

*** Pistoia Fanviews Here 20/9 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hi there, I'm looking for a girl I met (and lifted...) during the Pistoia
    concert. You can easily help me by checking my 'The girl I lifted in Pistoia'
    thread in 'Given to fly (Live)' - I don't want to bore you by putting the same
    text here too.

The concert, anyway, has been GREAT! 'Last kiss' and the Neil Young tune
    were really stunning! Damn!

Thank you everybody - Paolo (Rome)
  • Options
    Pistoia was an incredible night! My girlfriend and I got engaged in Venice on the 15th of Sept. so we decided to make a sign saying we were engaged and to play harvest moon. Well, we didnt get Harvest Moon, but we got a big CONGRATULATIONS from Ed when he read the sign. He then went on to point us out during the part of Hail, Hail where he sings, "All hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love... He also passed his wine bottle to us first and then gave us the cork! Also, Jojo the cameraman handed us the setlist as well. What an incredible vacation, which ended with such a memorable show! Grazie, PJ!!!
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    ...He also passed his wine bottle to us...
    yes...eddie passed the wine bottle and let us drink...few people in the first row..
    Faithful, to you
  • Options
    as i am sure that ANYone who met me along the way discussing this show got seriously sick of hearing me say but i honestly don't care :D....sums it all up: pearl jam show in a fuckin' piazza in italy!!! :D:D:D UNREAL! pistoia is an unbelievably beautiful/quaint city, i managed to hobble my dreamn arse around on my truly bum knee in agony, but so worthy.....and i think we all were unbeliavably exhausted by then, beat down by the GA shows, the travel, the lack of sleep, too much drink/heat.....etc....but what an ending!

biggest highlights:
    breath and state of love and trust in the same show
    i got id
    hail, hail

bellissimo!
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    as i am sure that ANYone who met me along the way discussing this show got seriously sick of hearing me say but i honestly don't care :D....sums it all up: pearl jam show in a fuckin' piazza in italy!!! :D:D:D UNREAL! pistoia is an unbelievably beautiful/quaint city, i managed to hobble my dreamn arse around on my truly bum knee in agony, but so worthy.....and i think we all were unbeliavably exhausted by then, beat down by the GA shows, the travel, the lack of sleep, too much drink/heat.....etc....but what an ending!

biggest highlights:
    breath and state of love and trust in the same show
    i got id
    hail, hail

bellissimo!
    :D
    Pistoia was magical as was Verona for us. The venues alone were awesome and to see PJ there was unreal. Hope you're feeling better. Pistoia was especially great; I had an unobstructed view, was cool, and we got to hear songs we hadn't heard at the other shows. Paul especially wanted RVM, SOLAT and I loved Hail Hail. I also got to see the whole crowd which I never do, and I can't imagine a better place to have that happen. The crowd was great from our vantage point, as was all of Italy. The people peeking out from the windows in the old building behind us and also across in the balconies. We had heard different counts on the amount of people; anywhere from 3,000 to 6,000, but the paper in the morning said 10,000. I brought the paper home and will try to get it translated. Also, met some really cool people from England that we stood next to and talked to the entire time. She was originally from the US. If you're on the board, it was very nice meeting you! It's a trip we'll never forget! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    rssesq wrote:
    what a show!

That's all I get?
    Your my man, please tell me more about the shows!
    I've been waiting for your posts.
    Lisa, Colorado
  • Options
    And when Eddie spoke in italian and he said "This time we've spent one week in Italy, next time we'll probably stay for one mounth or for the rest of our lifes"

the crowd went crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    And when Eddie spoke in italian and he said "This time we've spent one week in Italy, next time we'll probably stay for one mounth or for the rest of our lifes"

the crowd went crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO TRUE!!!! :)
  • Options
    The concert was great! The setting was fantastic. Pistoia is a pretty small town and the piazza Duomo was wonderful. Great to see people listening to the concert from their balconies, and during the day the locals were enquiring about who was playing and I happily told them about Pearl Jam! :D

I was very happy to hear State of Love and Trust and really enjoy it (in Milan I got caught in a surge of people just when it started). Also, loved to hear Breath, Hail Hail, I got Shit, Spin the Black Circle... I lost my voice at that show from too much singing! :D:D:D

It was lovely to see the band enjoying themselves when playing - I could actually see their expression. Awesome! Also, seeing Eddie in front of me when he climbed on the scaffolding, and I loved Alive with all the light show and the glitter ball... a big celebration! Oh, and how can I forget it?! seeing Stone come down the stage and hand out and then throw his picks around?! Unfortunately, I missed on one but so great for the lucky ones!

The only drawback was the recurring moshing, which was worse than Milan, from where I was in Stone's side. But apart from the few intent on moshing, the crowd was fantastic. Great to meet 10c from all over the world and Italy!!

ETA: Also, loved Ed's pre-set and singing with My Morning Jacket as well as doing the moonwalk - was it when he came back for the first encore? anyway, it was hilarious! :)

That show was also *so good*! in the throes of post-tour depression right now... :(
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Does anyone know if skinnydude got his uke to Eddie???
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Does anyone know if skinnydude got his uke to Eddie???

No sign of the uke on stage in Pistoia, unfortunately.

Don't know what happened...
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    Good show...was hoping for a lot more rarities I guess....with all the hype. Breath I have been waiting for since my first show....and wow...it was as good as I thought it would ever be - and more. Nice throwbacks with Porch and Black Circle -- good times - perfect venue.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    This show will always hold a SPECIAL place in my heart for me! THANK YOU EDDIE for finally accomplishing my mission!! And thank you for climbing that pole right infront of me after you made my whole trip!! :D I LOVE EDDIE!!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Can anyone here do a a full translation of all that Eddie said during the show in Italian and English?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Can anyone here do a a full translation of all that Eddie said during the show in Italian and English?

Eddie said that they had been a week in Italy, and that next time they will a month, or maybe.... the rest of our lives!!

the crowd went wild!

that's the thing I remember from that night.

I will need to listen to the bootleg, which I haven't downloaded yet.

Ah, he also said that Breath was a request, but no specifics.
  • Options
    Does anyone know the lyrics/tag line to We'll Be Together towards the end of Black?

thanks
  • Options
    Hope you like it,

I was not there myself but I liked the photos on the 10C site,
    pistoia%20moving%20photo%20b.gif
    pistoia%20wallpaper%20000.jpg

grtz
    Justdimi,

http://www.pinterest.com/justdimi/
    www.facebook.com/dimitri.sponselee
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/justdimi/
    ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
  • Options
    Mr. RVM wrote:
    Does anyone know the lyrics/tag line to We'll Be Together towards the end of Black?

thanks

do ya mean what did he sing before the we belong together part in this show?
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Mr. RVM wrote:

thanks
    The tag is Good Woman from Cat Power.
    makes much more sense to live in the present tence
  • Options
    It was an AMAZING show. We managed to be front row on Mike's side, pretty much in front of him. There was some pushing and a couple of times I was pressed pretty hard against the barrier but I expected that. It was a beautiful night and a great way to finish off my Italian PJ tour and the next day I left to go see more of Italy. Met so many cool people and had such good times. I hope we can do it all again sometime. :)
  • Options
    WOW (I said that A LOT in Italy). 5 PJ shows and ending in this setting, it feels like it was all a dream. Unbelievable-I was up front (with beck) and it was an awesome show. We met SO many great people! I hope to see you all (at least some-) again!

Ciao-for now
    K
  • Options
    WOW (I said that A LOT in Italy). 5 PJ shows and ending in this setting, it feels like it was all a dream. Unbelievable-I was up front (with beck) and it was an awesome show. We met SO many great people! I hope to see you all (at least some-) again!

Ciao-for now
    K

You said WOW a lot? I don't think I noticed. Of course, how could I notice that with myself saying it about every two seconds :p .

An amazing show!! Can we do that again? :)
  • Options
    desertmandesertman Posts: 132
    Pistoia was awesome...

what a night...

we had preset...
    then
    MMJ with Vedder...
    and of course PJ..

f***ing great setlist...

keep on rockin
    Marseille, Paris, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Zagreb, Athens....2006
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    sliversliver Posts: 74
    desertman wrote:
    Pistoia was awesome...

what a night...

we had preset...
    then
    MMJ with Vedder...
    and of course PJ..

f***ing great setlist...

keep on rockin

andwe had f***ing great moments...
    Faithful, to you
  • Options
    great set list
    great emotion
    GREAT ALL!!!

thanks a lot guys!!!

Roberto
  • Options
    Hneel wrote:
    The location was great. I came especially to Italy to watch this show.
    But one thing spoiled a lot of the fun: the moshing. I don't know, maybe it was just on the right (Stone) side. But there were some real assholes in the crowd who kept pushing and pressing people during allmost the entire show.
    Beside that, the location was perfect, the music was good, and the rest of the crowd was very enthousiastic.

I'm not disappointed, but a agree with you... the moshing was brutal... there were 3 guys who were hitting me the entire time, looking for me to go out of the crowd, but I didn't... it was so anoying, I couln't enjoy the show at the fullest, but... at the same time it was an amazing nite. :)
  • Options
    I'm not disappointed, but a agree with you... the moshing was brutal... there were 3 guys who were hitting me the entire time, looking for me to go out of the crowd, but I didn't... it was so anoying, I couln't enjoy the show at the fullest, but... at the same time it was an amazing nite. :)

I wonder if you were the girl beside me?? I had one guy who from the moment he stood behind me, he wanted my spot :( But we Becks are a stubborn lot and that just made me dig my heels in more( so to speak). I mean yes I expected pushing etc but he started pushing before the band came on and tried to feel me up :eek:. I am not sure why a guy would think this is ok. Ok I can see "accidently" putting your cigarette out on my shirt but I am pretty sure you don't need to hang on to my inner thigh :rolleyes: I just enjoyed the show and tried my best to forget he was there. Amazing night and I sure as hell wasn't going to let some wanker ruin it for me :)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Late but some crowd/venue photos
  • Options
    I drived for 5 hours to arrive at Pistoia... my first PJ gig... the square was so beautiful..the weather was very good and the music, just like Ed said, "filled the sky"!! they played more than 30 songs..And I felt the love and heart that this band put in EVERY single gig they did.