Options

*** Pistoia Fanviews Here 20/9 ***

IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Opening Band: My Morning Jacket

Pearl Jam Set List: Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Rearviewmirror, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Small Town, Dissident, 1/2 Full, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Come Back, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater Kinney), Breath, Given To Fly, Why Go, Comatose, Porch

1st Encore: Last Kiss, Hail Hail, State of Love and Trust, Black, Crazy Mary (by Victoria Williams), Alive

2nd Encore: Last Exit, Do The Evolution, Wasted Reprise, Better Man, Spin The Black Circle, Rocking in the Free World (by Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early Set List Source: Message Pit’s “Puck78” (don’t forget to pat him on the back :D)

Set List Source: tenclub.net, sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam
JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
EV: It's your band.
~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It's PISTOIA.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    thanks, kat.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    BREATH!! :D :eek:

Spin The fuckin BLACK CIRCLE!!!!!!! :);)

Nice setlist!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Can't wait to hear what the 'pistoians' have to say about how the vibes were in that small town square!!!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Our hotel manager brought us out the paper and it said there were 10,000 there! Unbelievable. He also was impressed with how much ice they requested. lol Great show, great venue, great town. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    10,000!!!! In that little square!!!!
  • Options
    10.000 fans In front of a stage in a small town
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Your uke?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Yeah.. your uke... any luck?
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Hey Hey My My!! I'm absolutely fucked today. I'm at work now. Last night was brilliant. That big tower you can see in the photo's was at the back of the square opposite the stage. There were two big ol' cameras perched half way up it and a few more around the place. The square was divided in half but there was no separate area for 10clubbers - just the usual 15 minutes early entry. The highlight was Ed coming on stage before MMJ and singing 'throw your arms around me' before joing MMJ for their first number. There was a great atmosphere there. The crowd were really into it. It was cool afterwards as I made my way to the back of the square to make sure I could get out and down to the bus stop in time, to see ordinary Pistoia natives strolling and cycling past and getting a free look at the goings-on on stage. The whole town must have gotten to hear the band. There were also people leaning out of windows of the old buildings around the square getting a good vantage point. Jeff seemed to be really rocking out - especially during 'Why go?' I've not seen him so energetic before on stage. Keithos, Danmac, et al stayed by the separation barrier throughout, but I made my way to the 2nd row for most of it. Again, I came out of it drenched. I had some opportunities to get some amazing photo's but every time I took one someone pushed against me and blurred the pic - hence most of them being a bit ropey. I headed off during 'Rockin' in the free world' as I had to get my bus back to Pisa, and I remember walking down some narrow, medieval street on my way away from the show with Ed's voice trailing after me. It felt really magical. I had to spend the night outside Pisa airport last night and so haven't slept. Work are cool with my story though - boiler blew up yesterday. So I've still got a job...for now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/byrnzie28/
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Wow. I hope Breath makes it onto the DVD.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey Hey My My!! I'm absolutely fucked today. I'm at work now. Last night was brilliant. That big tower you can see in the photo's was at the back of the square opposite the stage. There were two big ol' cameras perched half way up it and a few more around the place. The square was divided in half but there was no separate area for 10clubbers - just the usual 15 minutes early entry. The highlight was Ed coming on stage before MMJ and singing 'throw your arms around me' before joing MMJ for their first number. There was a great atmosphere there. The crowd were really into it. It was cool afterwards as I made my way to the back of the square to make sure I could get out and down to the bus stop in time, to see ordinary Pistoia natives strolling and cycling past and getting a free look at the goings-on on stage. The whole town must have gotten to hear the band. There were also people leaning out of windows of the old buildings around the square getting a good vantage point. Keith, Dan, et al stayed by the separation throughout, but I made my way to the 2nd row for most of it. Again, I came out of it drenched. I had some opportunities to get some amazing photo's but every time I took one someone pushed against me and blurred the pic - hence most of them being a bit ropey. I had to spend the night outside Pisa airport last night and so haven't slept. Work are cool with my story though - boiler blew up yesterday. So I've still got a job...for now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/byrnzie28/
    Man, to see any concert in that town. What a beautiful sight!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    31 songs. Longest show of the Euro tour and overall for awhile.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    Great Show,
    I wasnt as close to the stage as I was In Milan or Torino But I don't care, I enjoyed it Soooo Much...The atmosphere was the best! Highlights for me where Breath & SOLAT! Come Back (which they played much better In Pistoia than in Torino, IMO) Hail, Hail...Spin the black circle...Last Kiss, Rockin' In the free world...I didnt go to sleep between the torino and pistoia shows so by the Time the show ended I had been awake for over 40 hours. I can't Wait for the Boots!
  • Options
    Outstanding show. The square is the most beautiful place I could ever dream of seeing PJ. I wouldn't have thought there were 10 thousand people there, it seemed so intimate. After Reading I wasn't expecting much soundquality wise from an openair show, but the buildings all around it helped keep the acoustics good, although I couldn't hear Ed very much when he spoke, must be the tinnitus in my ears.

The band were pretty energetic, maybe not as much as they have been, but brilliant nonetheless. I think Bern had a better set, but still Breath and SOLAT were great to hear. Also I had been waiting to hear Come Back for ages and it was everything I hoped for. Ed's voice sounds a bit better, hopefully he's over the flu. The perfect way to end a succession of live shows.... I just hope they're in the UK next year!!

and Byrnzie, the pictures... nice!
  • Options
    Well, guys, what to say?
    the concert was incredible. i was in the "front row" of eddie (i was at the rail atthe end of the corridor in front of eddie) so i enjoyed the sight and concentrate my attention on eddie... i still can't think about the fact that they played all the songs i like most..i cant even think about how many songs they played. at the end of the concert i counted first 27 songs, and then "oh but they played crazy mary too! oh, i forgot last kiss!". i'll be in zagreb too, but after this 4 gigs in italy i feel like something'smissing. it was so nice driving with my girlfriend around italy, waking up early in the morning, feeling tired but happy...
    just a bit disappointed on the lack of organization on the ten club line. they didn't put rails to make the lines, and most of the people didn't want to make a line as we did by ourselves in turin. i was a bit disappointed because a lot of people was before me even if the arrived about 2 hours after. i guess with seats or a numbered line would perfect to avoid these situations. there were few unfair guys who don't deserve privlledges.
    2006-09-14 - Bologna, ITA
    2006-09-16 - Verona, ITA
    2006-09-19 - Turin, ITA
    2006-09-20 - Pistoia, ITA
    2006-09-26 - Zagreb, HR
    2007-06-13 - Chorzow, PL
    2007-06-15 - Venice, ITA :(
  • Options
    Well, guys, what to say?
    the concert was incredible. i was in the "front row" of eddie (i was at the rail atthe end of the corridor in front of eddie) so i enjoyed the sight and concentrate my attention on eddie... i still can't think about the fact that they played all the songs i like most..i cant even think about how many songs they played. at the end of the concert i counted first 27 songs, and then "oh but they played crazy mary too! oh, i forgot last kiss!". ...

32 songs or 31 if you don't count Interstellar Overdrive. Longest set of the euro tour so far. Berlin I'm sure will be massive :D

I've just added it to my site: http://www.allornone.org/shows/show/825
    Martin http://www.setlisting.com/ Your concert history in one place.
  • Options
    wulffeld wrote:
    32 songs or 31 if you don't count Interstellar Overdrive.
    yeah i know.i said that when at the end of the concert i tried to remember all the songs they played i remembered only 27 songs, then later i started to remember all the missing ones. :)
    2006-09-14 - Bologna, ITA
    2006-09-16 - Verona, ITA
    2006-09-19 - Turin, ITA
    2006-09-20 - Pistoia, ITA
    2006-09-26 - Zagreb, HR
    2007-06-13 - Chorzow, PL
    2007-06-15 - Venice, ITA :(
  • Options
    I cant possibly think what to say about this gig apart from it was the BEST gig of my whole life (and ive seen a LOT of bands), the setting, the length of the show, the performances of the guys was just beyond amazing! Highlight would be (along with about 25 other songs!) spin the black circle.........soooo cool and crazy mary. Also loved Ed climbing up the scaffolding and singing RITFW, my god i cant express how good it was im struggling to find the words. Just cant wait for the download and dvd now, the crowd were amazing and way better then paris/leeds IMO, but hey ho now ive just gotta pray they play the UK next year and get saving for my tour up and down the country!!!! Grazie PJ!!!

Oh yeah and Come Back was pretty good too!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmm just a bit like!!!!!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    How long was the concert? when did they start?
  • Options
    Your web site is very fantastic !!
    wulffeld wrote:
    32 songs or 31 if you don't count Interstellar Overdrive. Longest set of the euro tour so far. Berlin I'm sure will be massive :D

I've just added it to my site: http://www.allornone.org/shows/show/825
  • Options
    This for me was probably the highlight of the Italy shows.

Even though I chose to stand towards the back of the crowd where hardly anyone seemed to know a lot of the songs it was still a great setlist.

I had a Stone lookalike in front of me, he kept turning round whenever we sang :D

I can't believe that I finally got to hear Spin the Black Circle live either. :D:D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Siouxsun wrote:
    Your web site is very fantastic !!

Thanks a lot :)
    Martin http://www.setlisting.com/ Your concert history in one place.
  • Options
    nacanaca Posts: 5
    ok, the show was great, great setlist, good crowd, but nothing even close to Milan, and the guys seemed in good form. Everybody is very positive. i gotta admit that i was kinda tired of hearin DTE, Alive, Evenflow and all the ones overplayed. Breath was the highlight of the show. Im pretty sad that No Code was almost not played in Italy. the guys are still the best show on earth you can get. So keep on rocking and come back to Italy as soon as possible.
  • Options
    naca wrote:
    ok, the show was great, great setlist, good crowd, but nothing even close to Milan, and the guys seemed in good form. Everybody is very positive. i gotta admit that i was kinda tired of hearin DTE, Alive, Evenflow and all the ones overplayed. Breath was the highlight of the show. Im pretty sad that No Code was almost not played in Italy. the guys are still the best show on earth you can get. So keep on rocking and come back to Italy as soon as possible.

I'm not too fussed about the setlist. What makes a great show is the location, the crowd, and the atmosphere. Pistoia had all three. Wasn't Milan played in some sports arena? Fuck that! Pistoia was a beautiful little medieval town square and the entire crowd, along with some locals simply passing by by foot or by bicycle, stopped to listen and enjoy. It was a truly magical night. And Ed coming out to play 'Throw your arms around me' before MMJ took to the stage was special. 'I got ID' and 'Why Go?' were also great. A big thanks to Pistoia for allowing us to take over their town for the day, and for allowing us this great evening!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    what a show!
  • Options
    The location was great. I came especially to Italy to watch this show.
    But one thing spoiled a lot of the fun: the moshing. I don't know, maybe it was just on the right (Stone) side. But there were some real assholes in the crowd who kept pushing and pressing people during allmost the entire show.
    Beside that, the location was perfect, the music was good, and the rest of the crowd was very enthousiastic.
  • Options
    just a bit disappointed on the lack of organization on the ten club line. they didn't put rails to make the lines, and most of the people didn't want to make a line as we did by ourselves in turin. i was a bit disappointed because a lot of people was before me even if the arrived about 2 hours after. i guess with seats or a numbered line would perfect to avoid these situations. there were few unfair guys who don't deserve privlledges.

One thing I learned about traveling in Europe is that people don't make organized lines there. I don't know if it's the submissive thing in the US but the vague concept of the 'single file line' is not universal. I learned quickly in cafes, train stations, ticket booths, restaurants, stairways, to not wait my turn but just crowd with the rest of them and hope for the best. I'm not saying either way is right or wrong, but the tenclub probably thinks, "put the sign up and they'll line up". Just to think, in Chicago, the alphabet was divided into 4 parts and everyone neatly assembles into the lines, long lines, that snake around corners - no ropes, no barricades, no bullhorns - and everyone waits their turn. It's sort of funny when you think about it.

Glad you had a great time. I miss Italy by the way.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • Options
    Joanne wrote:
    One thing I learned about traveling in Europe is that people don't make organized lines there. I don't know if it's the submissive thing in the US but the vague concept of the 'single file line' is not universal.

Except in the UK... they love queueing here!
  • Options
    Hneel wrote:
    The location was great. I came especially to Italy to watch this show.
    But one thing spoiled a lot of the fun: the moshing. I don't know, maybe it was just on the right (Stone) side. But there were some real assholes in the crowd who kept pushing and pressing people during allmost the entire show.
    Beside that, the location was perfect, the music was good, and the rest of the crowd was very enthousiastic.

To be honest it did annoy me a bit when, even during the slow songs, people were still pushing and shoving. Everytime I tried taking photo someone bumped into me causing most of my pics to be out of focus. I can understand all the shoving and pushing during the faster tracks but when everyone was shoving during 'come back' for instance, I did get the right hump.