*** Pearl Jam Fresno, CA Fanviews 5/16/22 ***

124»

Comments

• Imagine complaining you didn’t hear Johnny Guitar.
    I rarely post but this may be the funniest comment in a long time...
    New screenname for the new site. At least for now. Previously Lackofdave
    Blogging at <a href="http://www.dadtherapy.com">Dad Therapy</a>
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,982
    Any thoughts on why they didn't go all-in and played Ten in its entirety now that Dave was on drums?
    I think they wanted to keep "Porch" as the set closer, and "Alive" for the encore, and maybe also give Dave a chance to pace himself.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Imagine complaining you didn’t hear Johnny Guitar.
    definitely funny....but my 21 year old daughter's favorite PJ album is Backspacer. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    LMFAO
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Congrats, Fresno attendees. You got the last show of NA Leg I.

Savor it!!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    definitely funny....but my 21 year old daughter's favorite PJ album is Backspacer. 
    Backspacer prob has the most catchy tunes pj made. Very accessible. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    🙋‍♂️ 

Bring Johnny Guitar back.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Backspacer is such a bad album. A couple good songs in there. But give me Johnny Guitar over Unthought Known or the Fixer any day. The rhinestones lyric and the whole Fixer song make me wanna never hear a guitar again. Lol
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Backspacer is such a bad album. A couple good songs in there. But give me Johnny Guitar over Unthought Known or the Fixer any day. The rhinestones lyric and the whole Fixer song make me wanna never hear a guitar again. Lol
    It was an odd album in my opinion. It seem to be rushed and the production just seemed different to me.

I would salvage Unthought, Amongst and Johnny....that's it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 120
    edited May 2022

Still processing all of it after a few days. Was supposed to head to Vegas tomorrow and I'm sad about the outright cancellation. But the main thing is that I hope Jeff and Matt get better and all is well for the remainder of the tour. 

Woke up the morning of the show with a strong feeling that I was finally going to get to hear Deep. Of course, nobody could've predicted the context for which that would happen. Shortly after I got into the GA line, the band started their soundcheck. First song I hear was Once, then Porch. Not thinking much of that since both are commonly played songs, but then the next song is Garden. This now makes me think we could be getting the album! Next they play Evenflow and then Jeremy and I'm thinking holy shit, this really could actually be happening. 

The show was incredible. It was immediately obvious from the first time you heard Ed that he was not feeling well, which he acknowledges and says they weren't about to cancel the show after 25 months. The beginning started off pretty standard and you knew Elderly Woman would be played in Fresno. It made sense as the opener and it continued the streak of unique openers, but I was really hoping we'd get Go. Ed sang about having friends in Fresno as an intro to Corduroy. Stone singing for the first time this tour was fun and I was happy it was Don't Gimme No Lip instead of Mankind. Was pretty sure I heard Don't Gimme No Lip soundchecked but it was short and wasn't completely sure. And then Ed lit the place up when he brought out Dave Krusen and talked about the impact of the album on so many people and how Dave only played these songs live in a limited amount of shows but that this week with Matt out that they would get to make up for that. Then they launched into Once and the show just started to become something special. Why Go was next, which immediately didn't follow the album order so we knew it wasn't going to be the full album like Greenville, but getting 9 out of the 11 songs was amazing. After Black, Ed said that Dave would be back later, but then Richard came on and Mike did Eruption while they switched drummers. Purple Rain was another special moment and the crowd ate it up. Ed sounded great before giving way to Josh. Ed's rant about abortion where he encouraged women to impose a sex embargo was a great way to channel some anger into Porch to close the set with Dave back out on stage. The second 10 mini-set continued into the encores with Jeremy and Deep, the latter featuring an origin story of the song, which was cool. Dave played on SOLAT, which was the first time he ever played on that song live and then Alive was his final song of the night. Baba and Ledbetter closed out what was a special night that would, unfortunately, end up serving as the end of the first leg of the tour. 

Here are a few of my pics…
    Post edited by jagerweis on
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811

A few shows, a few thoughts…

Three for me, not four (Sacramento :(). Matt and Jeff, their health is paramount so I understand. Out of the three I saw I don’t have a personal best. Each one was ultra-amazing for many different reasons.  

Oakland 1: Matt is sick and can’t perform (hope you feel better now Matt). Josh and Richard on drums. They bring an element of excitement and danger. Both totally up for the task. The band and crowd unite as one in spectacular fashion from the first song. Building - building, love-love-love - building-building-building, few dry eyes on this night. SOOO much fun! In the end no one wanted to leave. Reluctantly we finally leave but with a new favorite live song - Quick Escape!

Oakland 2: W.M.A.: ear sex, great ear sex! 29 fucking years of foreplay. 29 years tickling my balls. TAGGED 10 TIMES!! Never a full version. Enter Oakland 2 Pearl Jam with Josh and Richard. All the right players needed. I knew the song on the second drum beat. I have enjoyed W.M.A. since its release. The live splendor from Atlanta ’94. had me hunting for mine.  All those years and concerts hoping, hoping. Nope, Nada. Finally delivered in Oakland2022, dream come true. It was so wonderful. Simply stellar version. Much better than I could ever imagine. Makes you want to keep it for yourself. But I hope they share. Lastly, you can’t expect much from a rarely played early song. Sometimes they’re great, and sometimes not. At least you can cross it off. This one was completely satisfying. So fucking happy!    

Fresno: (#81) Third show now for Josh and Richard filling in for Matt. Josh opens and he’s a real pro. Complete game. Very impressive. 6th man award winner for sure. Landslide.

My ’91 dumbass overlooked Pearl Jam. So, never saw Dave Krusen live with the band. Missed many opportunities. Also skipped Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. Missed another chance. But here we are in the raisin capital of the world with Mr. Krusen powering Pearl Jam the old school way. Seeing him play for the first time, I thought a gentleman drummer for sure. Tasty licks for all. Very Charlie Watts. Expertly plays only what’s needed, how its needed.

Richard follows. The cymbal crashing thunder god came to play. Quick Escape driven by his hammer stands out. Throw Your Hatred Down nailed. Purple Rain cover to close out the first set. New cover for me and a welcome one.

Dave Krusen back for set closer Porch. Shorter version than we are used to. More like album version. Quite satisfying. Audience on their feet the whole break clapping and screaming for more. Encore starts with Dave back on drums. Jeremey stood out for me. Incredible hearing maybe what it might have sounded like all those years ago. Really enjoyed the songs with Dave. Would like more someday.

Richard Stuverud closes out the show. A complement he easily earned in Oakland. He’s our closer tonight and he appears amped x 100. At the start of Baba O’Riley he was hitting the drums so hard and fast I was sure he was about to destroy everything in front of him. Thankfully everything held up and the song kicked ass. Yellow Ledbetter ended the night and gave him a chance to show another side of his playing abilities. Soft and sweet. Fantastic night. Big thank you to all involved in bring this show to Fresno.   

Big fun watching the local young hottie cowgirls turn old hippie heads.

The license plate is the best merch idea in a long time. Classic California colors and images. Tin not plastic. Keeper

I was super hungry after the show. Had me some raisins. All good. 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221

A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    This is great to have an official Krusen boot. He plays every song from Ten here (minus Release/Oceans and plus SOLAT). And he sounded great. At one point Eddie said something like “Dave I’m impressed. You know all the endings and everything. Well hell, you invented this stuff!”
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
    This is great to have an official Krusen boot. He plays every song from Ten here (minus Release/Oceans and plus SOLAT). And he sounded great. At one point Eddie said something like “Dave I’m impressed. You know all the endings and everything. Well hell, you invented this stuff!”
            that was so cool
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    just used my free download code for this show. looking forward to diving in. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    Just re-living this one this morning. Just awesome!!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver