Options

*** Pearl Jam Fresno, CA Fanviews 5/16/22 ***

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Red Lukin said:
    Looks fun but does given to fly, corduroy and small town have to be played every single night?

These are easily the most boring PJ songs. IMO

Nikki Sixx, is that you?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited May 2022
    Froggie said:
    @PJNB Glad you had a great night, great pics. Looks like you had a good spot in the pit!  Are you going to the last two shows of the leg?
    Hey man! I am doing the last two as well. Hopefully Matt can get back to do at least one of them. I am still smiling about last night. I think Dave K had a lot of fun and super glad he got this opportunity to do this with the band 30 years later
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,612
    I am not gonna tag or quote the person, but for someone to come here after that freaking show and complain.... ridiculous. I can't believe any fan of this band would be unable to recognize the special event that took place last night.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Red Lukin said:
    PJNB said:
    Red Lukin said:
    To each their own. So many missed songs

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

That's just a few that rarely get played. I can go on...

Keep enjoying the boring songs and they'll keep playing them!

There was nothing boring about last night. Dave playing 9 songs from Ten was incredible to watch. 
    I would have loved to have been there. Just mean setlists seem on the safe side. Not meant for people who want to catch more than one show.
    I don't think you understand the amount of rehearsal time that goes into a band that's been together 30 years for a tour. Now, add to that two or three guys that have NEVER PLAYED THOSE SONGS TO 15,000 PEOPLE LIVE, and you get what you have the last few nights; "safe songs" with a lot of epic moments thrown in. 

Most bands would have cancelled these shows. Pearl Jam showed the fuck up and made it extra special for the fans. You can't ask for a better band than that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    goldenboy8167goldenboy8167 Posts: 193
    Red Lukin said:
    Looks fun but does given to fly, corduroy and small town have to be played every single night?

Corduroy should be played every night and sometimes twice.
    :)
    Boulder 11/26/93, Denver 3/7/94, Red Rocks 6/20/95, LA 7/14/98, Palo Alto 10/31/99, San Diego 10/25/00, San Bernadino 10/28/00, Denver 4/1/03, Denver 7/2/06, LA 7/09/06, Hollywood 7/12/06, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/6/09, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 5/6.22, LA 5/7/22
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    Red Lukin said:

Corduroy should be played every night and sometimes twice.
    :)
    yeah I don't tire of Corduroy....that's a defining PJ song
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,677
    Red Lukin said:
    PJNB said:
    Red Lukin said:

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

There was nothing boring about last night. Dave playing 9 songs from Ten was incredible to watch. 
    I would have loved to have been there. Just mean setlists seem on the safe side. Not meant for people who want to catch more than one show.
    I don't think you understand the amount of rehearsal time that goes into a band that's been together 30 years for a tour. Now, add to that two or three guys that have NEVER PLAYED THOSE SONGS TO 15,000 PEOPLE LIVE, and you get what you have the last few nights; "safe songs" with a lot of epic moments thrown in. 

Most bands would have cancelled these shows. Pearl Jam showed the fuck up and made it extra special for the fans. You can't ask for a better band than that. 
    +1
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    Imagine complaining you didn’t hear Johnny Guitar.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    I went to bed around the time I saw on twitter that DK was playing with the band. I had a hard time going to sleep I was so excited for those in attendance. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,759
    I can’t put into words how much I love this post. 
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Freedom of speech dude
  • Options
    never seen freedom of speech being invoked over online comments about a band's concert performance.

but here we are. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DW183354DW183354 NYC Posts: 125
    Honestly, if they ripped into Corduroy a second time in a night I might go buck wild. Like "yeah?" "Yeah!! Yesssssss!!"
  • Options
    Marcust99Marcust99 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 17
    How full was the rink last night? I can't see a Monday night in Fresno being a tough ticket....

08/05/92 - Barrie, Ontario (Lollapalooza), 08/18/93 - Toronto, w/ Neil Young, 10/01/96 - Toronto ,08/22/98 - Barrie, Ontario,10/05/00 - Toronto, 06/28/03 - Toronto, 09/13/05 - Hamilton ,09/19/05 - Toronto, 08/21//09 - Toronto, 09/11-12/11 - Toronto, 9/15/11 - Hamilton, 10/12/13 - Buffalo, 05/10-12/16 - Toronto, 05/09/22 - Phoenix

• Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 788
    PJNB said:
    Some quick thoughts

Amazing getting to see Dave Krusen play the drums to so many songs that I grew up listening to him on the studio version of.

No clue how this boot is going to sound but people really need to see the video as well to see how Eddie fought the whole night. Crazy he could sing as well as he did going through food poisoning. 

The highlights for me was the drumming at the end of Deep, Purple Rain with Eddie singing the start and Mikes solo, Eruption played out of nowhere to introduce Richard, Stone having a lot of fun with Dont Gimme No Lip, Quick Escape ending spot, the stories were all great and of course Dave drumming

Here are a handful of pics I took

Very cool.  Great pics, thanks for sharing.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 350
    Red Lukin said:
    PJNB said:
    Red Lukin said:

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

Exactly 
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22)
  • Options
    lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 609
    I know! I had to endure force of nature AND Johnny guitar in cleveland on the 2010 tour.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    Sounds like another historic show.  Personally, this would have been my favorite setlist to see on the tour with Deep and Don't Gimme No Lip being played for the first time in about 4 and 6 years respectively.  And Dave Krusen? DAMN!!!  I need some Deep in SoCal next tour guys!!!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    After Ed’s depressing ass story everyone was like wtf. And then they kick into deep and it all made sense. We got deep and the deep origin story. And it was extra heavy after that story. What a fucking night!!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Stone sung and it wasn’t Mankind. Perfection!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554

ahahahahahaha!

San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    I'm for sure buying this boot. And I don't buy too many boots of shows that I didn't go to. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RocketninoRocketnino SLO, CA Posts: 42
    edited May 2022

This.  All damn day.
    I have other bands that I love as much as Pearl Jam, but I got to thinking as I was driving over to Fresno last night - and not a single one of them would have pressed forward without their drummer.  They would have just cancelled/postponed and would have blown the whole tour up.  It takes a level of professionalism but also the spirit of a real rock band to just go for it as they did.  It takes guts and willingness to not look like the band did in LA on Night 1, which is, a world class rock band. You can show a few warts and still be a R&RHOF tier band.  Have always respected PJ, but these past four shows I've seen have taken that to a new depth.
    As for Fresno - so cool to see Dave get his moment in the sun.  Can you imagine the regret that dude has to live with some days?  Sure, he's held onto a career in music and has had some other awesome collaborations - but knowing that you drummed on songs that will be on rock radio FOREVER and had to get off the boat that those songs were written on?  He seemed genuinely happy up there and sounded great.  "Why Go" and "Deep" - two of my lower tier songs on Ten (insert thrown stones here) both sounded GREAT.  Brought some good energy to "Porch" as well.
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    bbiggs said:
    Red Lukin said:

Nikki Sixx, is that you?
    ROFL!  

Awesome bro!  No more Buzzkills.  Last night was freaky amazing! So lucky to get the rail in front of Mike.  He was insane!!

GA was fire!!
  • Options

This.  All damn day.
    I have other bands that I love as much as Pearl Jam, but I got to thinking as I was driving over to Fresno last night - and not a single one of them would have pressed forward without their drummer.  They would have just cancelled/postponed and would have blown the whole tour up.  It takes a level of professionalism but also the spirit of a real rock band to just go for it as they did.  It takes guts and willingness to not look like the band did in LA on Night 1, which is, a world class rock band. You can show a few warts and still be a R&RHOF tier band.  Have always respected PJ, but these past four shows I've seen have taken that to a new depth.
    As for Fresno - so cool to see Dave get his moment in the sun.  Can you imagine the regret that dude has to live with some days?  Sure, he's held onto a career in music and has had some other awesome collaborations - but knowing that you drummed on songs that will be on rock radio FOREVER and had to get off the boat that those songs were written on?  He seemed genuinely happy up there and sounded great.  "Why Go" and "Deep" - two of my lower tier songs on Ten (insert thrown stones here) both sounded GREAT.  Brought some good energy to "Porch" as well.
    I've often wondered about that....how Dave K feels about having screwed up a one in a million shot...but then, when I read about people who got sober, I think that process is a lot about personal acceptance and forgiveness, knowing the destructive path he may have gone on had he continued with them.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ThisIsNecessaryThisIsNecessary California Posts: 1
    Red Lukin said:

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

Last night was my very first PJ show. I had a fucking blast and I didn't once bemoan the setlist. Not everyone goes to every single show. Keep that in mind next time you want to bitch about a show that you didn't attend. 
  • Options

• Options
    Red Lukin said:

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

Last night was my very first PJ show. I had a fucking blast and I didn't once bemoan the setlist. Not everyone goes to every single show. Keep that in mind next time you want to bitch about a show that you didn't attend. 
    Amen brother!  Congrats and you picked a winner!
  • Options
    TuTeTuTe Posts: 138
    Red Lukin said:

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

They played animal
  • Options
    Given the circumstances be grateful. I was at Oakland both nights and it was awe inspiring. The first night was utterly electric. There were a lot of songs I would loved to have heard. I was thrilled a) they put on both shows and b) played their asses off.